"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:Weird how they're advertising Android 13 as "made from Android 14 and 15" when it's not Super 13.
It is weird, hopefully Super 13 is included as well, along with Full Power Bojack.
AnimeNation101 wrote: You’re on the money. Apparently DLC 5 is the expansion and is coming out in winter so i predict Janurary because December winter starts on the 21st.

This means we have November and December and Jump Festa for more reveals. I’m expecting Baby Vegeta and Uub/Majuub for November and Pikkon and Demigra for December
When it comes to product releases the seasons are generally not the same as the actual seasons, so for instance when a game or DLC says Winter they usually mean November or December, sometimes even October.
YonedgeHP wrote: They said several times that the DLC is coming out in fall.
When did they ever say fall? The most recent scan says Winter anyways.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:27 pm

So Buuhan and Dabura are part of DLC 5 which comes out later this year?

And this stuff with Tapion and Android 13 would be a separate DLC pack? Released...we don't know when?

It's cool that they're adding new characters. I have no intention of buying it but it does mean that all these DLC characters will make it into Xenoverse 3.

Instead of new characters of actually rather have new stages. Xenoverse 2 didn't really add too much in the way of new stages. I want to see a King Kai's Planet stage and a Beerus' Planet stage.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:34 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:Weird how they're advertising Android 13 as "made from Android 14 and 15" when it's not Super 13.
It is weird, hopefully Super 13 is included as well, along with Full Power Bojack.
AnimeNation101 wrote: You’re on the money. Apparently DLC 5 is the expansion and is coming out in winter so i predict Janurary because December winter starts on the 21st.

This means we have November and December and Jump Festa for more reveals. I’m expecting Baby Vegeta and Uub/Majuub for November and Pikkon and Demigra for December
When it comes to product releases the seasons are generally not the same as the actual seasons, so for instance when a game or DLC says Winter they usually mean November or December, sometimes even October.
One of the scans said fall and Bandai said so in one of their tweets.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Bullza wrote:So Buuhan and Dabura are part of DLC 5 which comes out later this year?

And this stuff with Tapion and Android 13 would be a separate DLC pack? Released...we don't know when?

It's cool that they're adding new characters. I have no intention of buying it but it does mean that all these DLC characters will make it into Xenoverse 3.

Instead of new characters of actually rather have new stages. Xenoverse 2 didn't really add too much in the way of new stages. I want to see a King Kai's Planet stage and a Beerus' Planet stage.
No, Tapion, 13, Dabura and Buuhan are all DLC 5.
And yeah, all of these characters will be in XV3, unless they massively overhaul the game's models and gameplay to the point that they have to completely redo all the characters from a visual and gameplay standpoint, which I highly doubt will happen.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:54 pm

What's the point of a Xenoverse 3 if they're just going to keep adding DLC characters to this game?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:05 pm

precita wrote:What's the point of a Xenoverse 3 if they're just going to keep adding DLC characters to this game?
Xenoverse 3 will probably focus more on the story aspect. We're most likely looking at a 2019 release date which gives Dimps far more than enough time to adapt the Universe Survival arc and then some. Hopefully they'll also address the many issues in the gameplay, particularly in the online servers.

This additional DLC seems to comprise primarily of "missing content" that fans have been requesting (even since the first installment), namely the excluded movie antagonists. So yeah, we still have plenty of content to look forward to in the third game.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:No, Tapion, 13, Dabura and Buuhan are all DLC 5.
Oh so four characters in one pack. I wonder if it'll cost more then.
precita wrote:What's the point of a Xenoverse 3 if they're just going to keep adding DLC characters to this game?
Well they did the same before. All the DLC characters and stages for Xenoverse were just made a part of Xenoverse 2.

Improving the gameplay, adding new features, a new 8+ hour story, new stages, an expanded hub etc would need a new game.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:33 pm

I doubt they're going to keep adding DLC characters, especially after FighterZ comes out.
Xenoverse 3 will have a new story and new features, potentially a new hub and all sorts of other stuff. Feel free to believe me or not, but I've been told that Xenoverse 3 is a much more ambitious game and they are even redoing some of the assets from the first two games to look better.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:24 am

YonedgeHP wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

One of the scans said fall and Bandai said so in one of their tweets.
Yeah i know that the previous scan said that it would come in fall and a huge free update would come in winter but this scan said DLC 5 would come in winter. But hey even if it does come in fall there is still a chance that 2 or 4more characters will be added. There is Baby Vegeta, Uub/Majuub, Pikkon, and Demigra. If it is coming out this fall then these characters will be added.

I put Demigra because the scan before hinted that we’ll get “that man who shook the future”. Plus Pikkon’s clothes are in the game and he is a wanted missing character.

ArchedThunder wrote:
I doubt they're going to keep adding DLC characters, especially after FighterZ comes out.
Xenoverse 3 will have a new story and new features, potentially a new hub and all sorts of other stuff. Feel free to believe me or not, but I've been told that Xenoverse 3 is a much more ambitious game and they are even redoing some of the assets from the first two games to look better.
I would really like to know your sources. Also, how long was XV1 in development? I’m trying to find out and compare the rosters and development times of XV1 and XV2 to estimate the character roster number increase.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:57 am

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 DLC Pack 5 Translated Scan has been released.
Sorry, i was looking at a mistranslated scan by Ndakuaba. It was his first time translating the scan so their were some errors.

So, what is this Unknown Xeno-Space that they keep talking about? And is the Hero Colosseum really story mode related as it says? It is a new game mode and is part of the free update. Some have been saying that this mode is a Switch exclusive but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Also i love that they updated Bulma’s looks although i do wish she was wearing the labcoat like during the whole Future Trunks and Zamasu Black Arc.

I’m betting that we’ll get more because the fall ends in December so we can get atmost 4 more characters revealed and there is supposed to be a Huge free update for this winter.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:59 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
So, what is this Unknown Xeno-Space that they keep talking about? And is the Hero Colosseum really story mode related as it says? It is a new game mode and is part of the free update. Some have been saying that this mode is a Switch exclusive but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Also i love that they updated Bulma’s looks although i do wish she was wearing the labcoat like during the whole Future Trunks and Zamasu Black Arc.

I’m betting that we’ll get more because the fall ends in December so we can get atmost 4 more characters revealed and there is supposed to be a Huge free update for this winter.
I think the unknown thing is simply referring to the new game mode since it takes place in a 'Colosseum' of sorts, with the floating machine-thingy being like the Time Rift areas. I mean, depending on who's translation you go by, this all takes place in the conton city 'game area'.

Also, I think when it says story content, it doesn't mean like a few missions with cutscenes and all that; I think it just means that with this new mode, you'll get a short quest line to learn how to play where your opponent will probably have some banter.

And is xeno-space even a word?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:29 am

Would it be cool if the story mode of this DLC takes place during the Christmas time and the Supreme Kai of Time plans a Christmas party, but puts it on hold when the event goes down?
Caulifla best girl! :)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Would it be cool if the story mode of this DLC takes place during the Christmas time and the Supreme Kai of Time plans a Christmas party, but puts it on hold when the event goes down?
That would be cool. Like the Freeza siege thing, Conton City would have snow and the hologram would be replaced with a Christmas tree and we would get Santa and elf costumes

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:22 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Would it be cool if the story mode of this DLC takes place during the Christmas time and the Supreme Kai of Time plans a Christmas party, but puts it on hold when the event goes down?
That would be cool. Like the Freeza siege thing, Conton City would have snow and the hologram would be replaced with a Christmas tree and we would get Santa and elf costumes
I would love to wear a Santa hat on my custom made character.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Plot twist: The board game was designed because everybody forgot to get SKOT a Christmas present
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:19 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
I definitely believe you. They are going to have to make it more ambitious if they want to really improve the game. I hope they incorporate more rpg elements as I feel XV is more of an action RPG than a fighter. Story mode definitely needs to be co-op, especially since they've been selling the aspect of playing with friends. In XV2, I just rushed through the story mode because I wanted to get to the online play.

For those of you worried about FighterZ and what it means for the XV series, I think it's the best thing that could've happened to XV. Now they can put more focus on what makes it different from a traditional fighter. The hardcore fighter fans will flock to FighterZ where the fighting mechanics are at a premium. XV can still improve on the battle mechanics, but the focus should be on story, CaC, and online play. Imagine if we had guilds and online events outside of raids and stuff like that. It would be great if they incorporated elements from the Heroes story and you can choose to be a Time Patroller or a Time Breaker. I look at a game like Destiny and think that SV could take a page from their book and make it more of an MMO by making a fully online story mode that you can play through with friends. Basically, I want them to get closer to what we had in Dragonball Online :P
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:06 pm

When I start my fam (Switch version), I get a notification regarding a new event. When I check the news board, I’m told there isn’t one?
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Do I get the fifth DLC for free if I purchased the season pass?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Wilderness wrote:When I start my fam (Switch version), I get a notification regarding a new event. When I check the news board, I’m told there isn’t one?
Pretty sure that's a glitch. I've been getting it for months on the PC version. Although don't be too surprised if Frieza suddenly invades Conton City whenver he pleases.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:40 pm

JimmyRustam wrote:Do I get the fifth DLC for free if I purchased the season pass?
No, the season pass only covers the first four packs. DLC 5 is entirely separate.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune