"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:29 am

nato25 wrote:Isn't Bojack confirmed just a mentor?
No, the fan translated thing fucks with the list, he's listed as a playable character right after Black, but he's also a mentor.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Anyone is having the same problem as me? Every single day when there is an online World Tournament, I don't have the option to enter, (neither the ! symbol on the Tournament NPCs), but I saw people on Twitter entering the tournament. Why is this?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:27 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
No, the fan translated thing fucks with the list, he's listed as a playable character right after Black, but he's also a mentor.
Not that i dont believe you man but ill wait for sme genuine confirmation before getting hyped as i now have conflicting info. Developers tend to let you down so ill remain pessimistic

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:45 pm

nato25 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Not that i dont believe you man but ill wait for sme genuine confirmation before getting hyped as i now have conflicting info. Developers tend to let you down so ill remain pessimistic
You have confirmation on the advertisement, where Bojack is listed. As well as having an in-game picture of him being playable.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:51 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: Not that i dont believe you man but ill wait for sme genuine confirmation before getting hyped as i now have conflicting info. Developers tend to let you down so ill remain pessimistic
The only "conflicting info" is from a fan translated page.
The person who translated it decided to just save space by listing master right next to Bojack's name on the content list. Bojack is the new master and a new playable character.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:16 pm

I wonder, will we be getting Vegito as a separate slot or a costume slot? Since his situation is basically the same as SSBKioken Goku.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Kanassa wrote:I wonder, will we be getting Vegito as a separate slot or a costume slot? Since his situation is basically the same as SSBKioken Goku.
I'm guessing he'll be treated like all of the God forms and get his own slot.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Awesome Bojack confirmed. Great to have another movie villain in, happy to be wrong on this one haha. I wonder if he will be able to transform at all.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:59 am

This World Tournament is no fun at all. Every single match I've played is vs. TrunksGinyu or GokuGinyu using the exact same strategies every time.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:51 am

Btw. will we get another increase in Level Cap or free Update with the next DLC Pack? My first CaC is only a few PQs away from reaching Level 90 and since I finally managed to collect all Moves, all Super Souls and all Equipments/Accessoires (minus two or three Raid and Freeza Event items that don't count towards the completion rate) and everything I have a 100% completion rate in Story, Equipment, PQ, Timerift, Skills and all others. I'm running out of things to do. I mean I can collect new Moves and Clothes with the next DLC, but only PQs and no new Story. So it's gonna get boring soon.
And I'm not sure if I'm and/or my Internet Connection is good enough to start Online Fighting.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:39 am

I hate PVP but I want all items, I entered the ginyu thing twice and lost horribly both times, will I get the world tournament clothes set for that or is it only like top 10 winners.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 am

I'm curious about that too. I'd really like to get a World Tournament jersey set. The pants are the only ones that look halfway decent with my CaC's outfit. :lol:

Edit: Yeah, WT is definitely not fun. Get stun locked into a combo, can't evade, can't vanish, can't block, just have to eat it and wait to get stamina break ad infinitum. Bleh.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Whole leak translated.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by mfwlegend3 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Does anyone else think that they should just make ki-charge a default skill as opposed to one that has to be equipped? I know you gain KI by fighting and getting hit, but I'm so accustomed to gathering ki via the charge and i het annoyed that inhave to use up a skill slot to do it.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Whole leak translated.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
When it says 'story will progress', I'm guessing they mean Bojack's training? No other mentor has been described in that manner, so it seems odd. Also, the marketing tag lines seem to suggest this will come with story content, with the 'This brand new DLC finally sees the future of the rose coloured one! Download this chapter and see what plan the gods have in store!" and "The Gods have come to Conton city, threatening the 'future'!". But, unlike DLC 2, they don't show any snippets of story or announce blutny that there is story content. Maybe they're referring to the PQs.

I would say that the lack of a new map could suggest no story, but then they could just use the ruined city stage as the map. Then again, Datamining also suggested we're getting a new map at some point.

Also, what's Kami Kourin?

Kanassa wrote:

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Kanassa wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
When it says 'story will progress', I'm guessing they mean Bojack's training? No other mentor has been described in that manner, so it seems odd. Also, the marketing tag lines seem to suggest this will come with story content, with the 'This brand new DLC finally sees the future of the rose coloured one! Download this chapter and see what plan the gods have in store!" and "The Gods have come to Conton city, threatening the 'future'!". But, unlike DLC 2, they don't show any snippets of story or announce blutny that there is story content. Maybe they're referring to the PQs.

I would say that the lack of a new map could suggest no story, but then they could just use the ruined city stage as the map. Then again, Datamining also suggested we're getting a new map at some point.

I'm guessing that they are using Kōrin, as the Gods advent (or descent). That Engrish, tho.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm

YonedgeHP wrote: I'm guessing that they are using Kōrin, as the Gods advent (or descent). That Engrish, tho.
Maybe through some manner your character becomes a God? Like, they have to use the Time Rings so through some bullshit you're considered a Kaioshin. Or maybe we have a Ginyu Mission situation with Zamasu.

Kanassa wrote:

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Kanassa wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote: I'm guessing that they are using Kōrin, as the Gods advent (or descent). That Engrish, tho.
Maybe through some manner your character becomes a God? Like, they have to use the Time Rings so through some bullshit you're considered a Kaioshin. Or maybe we have a Ginyu Mission situation with Zamasu.
I doubt it, the XENOVERSE series probably won't take the risk of leaving their confort zone, and even less with a DLC, but it would be dope. I always liked the idea of What-ifs in videogames, but XV2 even took out Kuririn's Kaiō-ken.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:24 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I doubt it, the XENOVERSE series probably won't take the risk of leaving their confort zone, and even less with a DLC, but it would be dope. I always liked the idea of What-ifs in videogames, but XV2 even took out Kuririn's Kaiō-ken.
Out of their comfort zone? But they've already done this...

Kanassa wrote:

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Kanassa wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Maybe it's something like the Freeza event where Zamasu and Black invade Conton City.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW