"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:31 am

Bullza wrote:Just a quick question which technically belongs more to the original game.

Do this

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And this

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Both count as the villainous mode despite a slight difference in appearance? Like how in Xenoverse 2 with the supervillain state there was the form with the white and black aura and then a stronger version where they're white all over?
i think the second picture is a more "complete" version.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:35 am

Bullza wrote:How the hell do you get Yamcha's special training to spawn? I need to do 10 for a trophy but I've completed the game and done about 60 PQs and all instructor missions and I've had him maybe 4 times.

Is there a quick way to grind this out?
Just keep reloading the area. Like do a master training and quit out. It took a long time for me since it never spawned but i got it after a while.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Well the Dragon Ball wiki lists articles on a Villainous Mode and then a Dark Magic Transformation.

This is apparently the Villainous Mode.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And the ones with the extra markings are the Dark Magic Transformation.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

But from I understood aren't they both supposed to be this Villainous Mode? That form was officially a thing that was mentioned in Xenoverse' promotion whereas the Dark Magic Transformation seems to have been made up.

Technically both would be a result of a Dark Magic Transformation wouldn't they?

So I'd appreciate if this was clarified because I thought they were one and the same even if they looked a little different.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Bullza wrote:Well the Dragon Ball wiki lists articles on a Villainous Mode and then a Dark Magic Transformation.

This is apparently the Villainous Mode.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And the ones with the extra markings are the Dark Magic Transformation.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

But from I understood aren't they both supposed to be this Villainous Mode? That form was officially a thing that was mentioned in Xenoverse' promotion whereas the Dark Magic Transformation seems to have been made up.

Technically both would be a result of a Dark Magic Transformation wouldn't they?

So I'd appreciate if this was clarified because I thought they were one and the same even if they looked a little different.
From my understood, the consensus that was made on DB Wiki was that the Dark Magic Transformation is considered the article of the technique itself (and the incomplete version), and Villanous Mode was that of the transformation itself.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:15 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:From my understood, the consensus that was made on DB Wiki was that the Dark Magic Transformation is considered the article of the technique itself (and the incomplete version), and Villanous Mode was that of the transformation itself.
It would make much more sense if the Dark Magic Transformation was a technique that transformed them into Villainous mode but the wiki is saying it's a separate transformation. For example

"Demigra revives Frieza, Cell and Buu in Age 778 and gives them this transformation along with the Villainous Mode power up"

When really it'd be more accurate to say he received them and used the dark magic Transformation''' to turn into their villainous mode.

Then on Frieza's page under his Transformations they show his purple hue look from Xenoverse and it's titled Dark Magic Transformation but that should be labelled Villainous mode shouldn't it?

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Bullza wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:From my understood, the consensus that was made on DB Wiki was that the Dark Magic Transformation is considered the article of the technique itself (and the incomplete version), and Villanous Mode was that of the transformation itself.
It would make much more sense if the Dark Magic Transformation was a technique that transformed them into Villainous mode but the wiki is saying it's a separate transformation. For example

"Demigra revives Frieza, Cell and Buu in Age 778 and gives them this transformation along with the Villainous Mode power up"

When really it'd be more accurate to say he received them and used the dark magic Transformation''' to turn into their villainous mode.

Then on Frieza's page under his Transformations they show his purple hue look from Xenoverse and it's titled Dark Magic Transformation but that should be labelled Villainous mode shouldn't it?
The DB Wiki can't be trusted. It contains truth mixed with personal opinions and loads of theories. It labels characters by their English names as well (Tora instead of Toma, Fasha instead of Selypa). It's more headache than helpful.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:19 pm

cheddarsword wrote:The DB Wiki can't be trusted. It contains truth mixed with personal opinions and loads of theories. It labels characters by their English names as well (Tora instead of Toma, Fasha instead of Selypa). It's more headache than helpful.
Well it's an English wiki made mainly for English speakers so I can understand why they'd list them by their English name.

It does have a have a lot of nonsense on it though, a lot of speculation and false information. I've taken a load out myself on the time I've been using it but I'd never get everything.

But this is one thing I would like to fix if it's something that needs fixing.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Bullza wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:The DB Wiki can't be trusted. It contains truth mixed with personal opinions and loads of theories. It labels characters by their English names as well (Tora instead of Toma, Fasha instead of Selypa). It's more headache than helpful.
Well it's an English wiki made mainly for English speakers so I can understand why they'd list them by their English name.

It does have a have a lot of nonsense on it though, a lot of speculation and false information. I've taken a load out myself on the time I've been using it but I'd never get everything.

But this is one thing I would like to fix if it's something that needs fixing.
I see that there is two articles of the same thing, but the pages itself don't clarify anything, making them a headache. I'm an active user there as well and I took a lot of time to remove bullshit and unnecessary information from certain users, and the whole "consensus" thing doesn't help. I'm also part of the administration at the Spanish wiki, PM me.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:20 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:I see that there is two articles of the same thing, but the pages itself don't clarify anything, making them a headache. I'm an active user there as well and I took a lot of time to remove bullshit and unnecessary information from certain users, and the whole "consensus" thing doesn't help. I'm also part of the administration at the Spanish wiki, PM me.
Yeah it's very confusing how the two articles are written. I just wanted to read up on it but could hardly make sense of it and why there was another article that was pretty much the same.

Each page has certain info and it's like they're treated as different forms but then images of the supposed "Dark Magic Transformation" characters are also on the Villainous mode page.

It really just needed to be one mage like the Supervillain page.

The wiki keeps making things up and it just creates an overabundance of information. There's a page called Super Saiyan God-Blue just because of that one time in the manga where Vegeta swapped forms back and forth to keep his power up. That page never needed to be made.

I get the whole consensus thing but usually I'll just go ahead and make the change and risk the consequences rather than wait for a whole bunch of people to chime in.

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Anyone have an extra Grand Priest ring laying around, I'm taking donations :x

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Only items below 2 can be traded. Daishinkan's ring is 5.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Xenoverse 2 kinda dissapointed me, the story especially.

There could've been more unique changes to history, hope XV3 changes something.

I don't like x person gets power up

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:Xenoverse 2 kinda dissapointed me, the story especially.

Yeah, it seems a bit lazy to just make certain characters power up. I'd really like more scenes like the one where Ginyu takes Trunks' body, then in the end, Turles helps him get Goku's body. It just seems to be the high point of the entire Namek arc with nothing else REALLY interesting (there are points of minor interest) until the end game/post game.

If the "rule of 3s" plays out here, then XV3 may be our last chance for a more interesting story.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:40 am

The future gohan part was amazing. Obviously I don't expect the whole story to be that calibre, but the lazy rehash of the first game didn't do it many Favours. Buu saga Vegeta besting Janemba in base form... Come ne on guys

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:03 am

Fresh Prince wrote:Xenoverse 2 kinda dissapointed me, the story especially.

I think this formula worked well for the first game, introducing the Time Patrol into the mainstream with an easy to understand story and some cool what ifs, however reusing it entirely for the second game and throwing some movie characters into the mix was a bad move. I too hope we get something more creative in XV3.

Actually, I hope they take cues from Heroes itself. Those concepts are too interesting not to be explored in an actual story mode.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:18 am

Yeah Xenoverse was interesting because it was the first game in a while to do something different and gave us new characters.

Unfortunately Xenoverse 2 was just the same thing again except for the last hour of the game. It was a very lazily made recycled game though.

I'd hope they would not do the exact same thing a third time. They could follow the Super Dragon Ball Heroes plot and have Mechikabura and then bring back Dabura and have fights in the Realm Realm. Bring the Dark Dragon Balls into it.

There's enough ideas that they don't need to make the same thing again.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:56 am

Does the resistance outfit from the newer pqs have gloves? Missing them but not sure if to keep grinding for it
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:43 am

TobyS wrote:Does the resistance outfit from the newer pqs have gloves? Missing them but not sure if to keep grinding for it
It does, yeah.

I switched to working on outfit pieces I was missing myself (which was made a lot easier with this listing I found). So far, barring ones I need to get from the TP shop or with wishes, I've gotten pretty far so far - working on Cabba's outfit now.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
TobyS wrote:Does the resistance outfit from the newer pqs have gloves? Missing them but not sure if to keep grinding for it
It does, yeah.

I switched to working on outfit pieces I was missing myself (which was made a lot easier with this listing I found). So far, barring ones I need to get from the TP shop or with wishes, I've gotten pretty far so far - working on Cabba's outfit now.
Cabba's outfit... I wonder how that looks on a female... Eh, I'll play later today and grind it out. Currently nosing around the web while my Hori Fightpad grinds out money and customization items in Tekken 7 for me (it has auto turbo function).

At any rate, does anyone know when the next main raid will occur? I thought they kind of announced those elsewhere online?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:57 pm

FYI if anyone was going insane at having 99% of equiptment.

You may have been missing great saiyaman helmet which is given to you by a rare RNG Saiyaman in PQ51.

It's not listed on the info tab for that mission that's why it's super easy to miss...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.