"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:38 pm

I hope Kefla's moves are available for CaC's as well as UI Goku and Baby, as these new characters moves look so slick.

Although the thing I'm most excited for is to see who her English VA's are. (I'm kind of wanting Brittney Karbowski for Caulifla, I think she'd fit quite nicely and I don't know if she's voiced in Dragon Ball yet. Kale I dont really care.)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:18 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
nato25 wrote: Xenoverses models all look a little off for the most part (Goku and Goten are great examples). Kefla is no different so I don't mind too much. And the beam in the show is so vibrant and unique. This looks like a watered down, transparent muddled mess. It's a very poor recreation of it.
You're looking at a low quality scan.

It's pretty high quality. The beam just doesn't look right.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:58 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Gt91 wrote:Yeah, i really want base forms too ...

So only 2 characters in this DLC? Not so good for me.
Did they say that this was definitely all we were getting, or are they just slowly trickling in new information? Don't forget we also get a free update to go along with the DLC. Who knows how much we're getting? Only thing I'm fairly certain on is that we will get no new stories. Parallel quests, yes, but no main quests. If they're holding to their usual pattern, the next even numbered DLC will have a story.
This DLC probably is out at the end of this month. We'll see :)

p.s. they should do a season pass for all the 4 extra packs.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:57 am

Gt91 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Gt91 wrote:Yeah, i really want base forms too ...

So only 2 characters in this DLC? Not so good for me.
Did they say that this was definitely all we were getting, or are they just slowly trickling in new information? Don't forget we also get a free update to go along with the DLC. Who knows how much we're getting? Only thing I'm fairly certain on is that we will get no new stories. Parallel quests, yes, but no main quests. If they're holding to their usual pattern, the next even numbered DLC will have a story.
This DLC probably is out at the end of this month. We'll see :)

p.s. they should do a season pass for all the 4 extra packs.
They said before the end of summer right? In that case, there is also a chance that the DLC will come out at the end of August and the August scan reveals both the release date and 2 new characters.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am

These 2 voice actors would be my pick for the voices of Kale & Caulifla

Alex Moore - Kale
Jamie Marchi - Caulifla

—-

But for Kefla... I really hope she has these 4 moves

Fist Cannonball,Gigantic Blast,Final Weapon Enhanced Gigantic Blast,Final Weapon

But at the moment it looks she only has the Final Weapon ones

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:14 am

nato25 wrote: It's pretty high quality. The beam just doesn't look right.
It's really not a high quality scan.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am

ZeroDio wrote:These 2 voice actors would be my pick for the voices of Kale & Caulifla

Alex Moore - Kale
Jamie Marchi - Caulifla
I can't comment on the first one as I'm unfamiliar with Moore, but Marchi is definitely someone I'm halfway expecting to be Caulifla, since she doesn't have a major DB role yet and would fit the character pretty well.

If she's not Caulifla though, then I'm expecting her to be Ribrianne to completely go against her usual casting type. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:These 2 voice actors would be my pick for the voices of Kale & Caulifla

Alex Moore - Kale
Jamie Marchi - Caulifla
I can't comment on the first one as I'm unfamiliar with Moore, but Marchi is definitely someone I'm halfway expecting to be Caulifla, since she doesn't have a major DB role yet and would fit the character pretty well.

If she's not Caulifla though, then I'm expecting her to be Ribrianne to completely go against her usual casting type. :P
Well my only other choice for Caulifla is Cindy Robinson (example of Cindy is Beni Kinojō from Ai Tenchi Muyo)

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey guys ! It's been a while since I been on the forum!! Look not gonna lie, but I'm a FGC player. I love technical fighters but must admit Xenoverse 2 is growing on me. (It's flaws and all)
What I really came on here to say is that I'm looking for fellow Namekian players I can compare notes with to make a good Namekian build. That would be much appreciated! My PSN name is the same as my forum name. You can't miss me being that Piccolo is my avatar. Thanks a bunch guys!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:13 am

TheNamekGio wrote:Hey guys ! It's been a while since I been on the forum!! Look not gonna lie, but I'm a FGC player. I love technical fighters but must admit Xenoverse 2 is growing on me. (It's flaws and all)
What I really came on here to say is that I'm looking for fellow Namekian players I can compare notes with to make a good Namekian build. That would be much appreciated! My PSN name is the same as my forum name. You can't miss me being that Piccolo is my avatar. Thanks a bunch guys!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I think Burcol has some good Namekian builds. He's a YouTuber.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:47 am

nato25 wrote:Gotta say not impressed with Kefla's model and her ultimate attack (the red green double beam that Goku jumped over) especially looks weak. Guess they couldn't handle making a layered coloured beam lol.
What more did you expect about her model? She looks completely fine to me and better than mods.

Her ultimate attack was ugly to me even in Super, but i don't see how it's worse in XV. It looks okay. Actually, I'd say it looks even better than in anime. It doesn't look bad.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Ill agree to disagree here. Maybe its just wierd seeing her in 3D.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:15 pm

I think her art looks okay, but like everybody in this game, as soon as they do the close up of them for the start of the fight, they begin to look off...

But I think the blast looks better here, as it's more of a burst of the colors together instead of the clean, candy cane looking color combo.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:20 pm

nato25 wrote:Ill agree to disagree here. Maybe its just wierd seeing her in 3D.
there are attacks that look better in 2d than in 3d

personally I would say that it looks better than the makankosappo for both cases of the series or game

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:41 pm

nato25 wrote:Ill agree to disagree here. Maybe its just wierd seeing her in 3D.
We'll we'll have HD screens tomorrow.
Logania wrote:I think her art looks okay, but like everybody in this game, as soon as they do the close up of them for the start of the fight, they begin to look off...
I kinda feel the opposite, I feel like most characters look better in motion because you can't really see their flaws. Though most of the new characters in XV2 and the DLC look great in stills and in motion, like Tapion for instance.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: I kinda feel the opposite, I feel like most characters look better in motion because you can't really see their flaws. Though most of the new characters in XV2 and the DLC look great in stills and in motion, like Tapion for instance.
I agree, a lot of the characters look good in motion, especially when their moves are creative and flashy, like Goku Black or Tapion. It's mainly just the model of the character itself for most in this game isn't really nice to look at up close for me.

It's easy to look good when it's far off and filled with motion effects, but when I see them in the city talking, or close up before the match starts they just look weird, with Vegeta even scaring me with how odd his face is.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Logania wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: I kinda feel the opposite, I feel like most characters look better in motion because you can't really see their flaws. Though most of the new characters in XV2 and the DLC look great in stills and in motion, like Tapion for instance.
I agree, a lot of the characters look good in motion, especially when their moves are creative and flashy, like Goku Black or Tapion. It's mainly just the model of the character itself for most in this game isn't really nice to look at up close for me.

It's easy to look good when it's far off and filled with motion effects, but when I see them in the city talking, or close up before the match starts they just look weird, with Vegeta even scaring me with how odd his face is.
Vegeta probably has one of the worst heads in the game, he has no law line and his nose is crazy big and pointy.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:55 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Logania wrote:

Vegeta probably has one of the worst heads in the game, he has no law line and his nose is crazy big and pointy.
Finally others who see how fucked these models are. They’re so ugly. I really hope they make a big upgrade for XV3.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:36 pm

HD Screens, she looks great.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Oh god, she went for the dick!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017