"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:11 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:It looks like Goku is holding a lightning bolt in one of those images. He's about to go Old Testament on someone. :lol:
I think you mean "Zeus".

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Scsigs wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Basically you can choose to help Fuu and change history or fix it. It causes multiple branches that you can choose from. This is exactly what I’ve been asking for. I wanted XV3 to have this on a larger scale for its whole story mode. The only thing that could make this better is a new stage which I hope we still get.
I kinda hope we can play both versions of the story. I'm still kinda mad that I couldn't team up with Zarbon & Cooler with my character in the game after I chose Dodoria & Frieza, just so I could do the alternate version of that subplot. I'd also wanna see both storylines in how they'd play out. I mean, I kinda get normal story stuff locking you out of alternate ones, but DLC missions should allow you to do both, especially when they included a what-if at the end of the main story campaign specifically to show what would've happened if Trunks went to help Gohan in his timeline's past.
It implies that you can go back and unlock all the possible routes. SO YEAH. Hype!
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Judging from that pic in the scan, Android 21 will be a master in XV2?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Codarik wrote:Judging from that pic in the scan, Android 21 will be a master in XV2?
No, that's just a CAC wearing a #21 costume.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Well dang, would've been nice to have A21 in the game, still a nice little crossover.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:56 pm

[squeals in ningen] :shock:
[glances around nervously] :?
...None of you heard that.

I was already hyped for all this, but oh my Zamasu, I don't think I can get more hyped for this! Especially if you can actually alter the timeline.
Please let this be everything I anticipate. How is it Goku puts it? "Waku waku zo," is that right?

This news was a legit awesome way to start off my day.
Dimps, you treat me so well. :P

On a side note, I do still prefer UI Omen, but I don't hate the complete UI.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:59 pm

kinda hope we can play both versions of the story. I'm still kinda mad that I couldn't team up with Zarbon & Cooler with my character in the game after I chose Dodoria & Frieza, just so I could do the alternate version of that subplot. I'd also wanna see both storylines in how they'd play out. I mean, I kinda get normal story stuff locking you out of alternate ones, but DLC missions should allow you to do both, especially when they included a what-if at the end of the main story campaign specifically to show what would've happened if Trunks went to help Gohan in his timeline's past.
Is that part of the DLC story??? because i don't remember anything about that in the game normal story mode, i actually thought the DLC in the first Xenoverse would give you only new characters plus some paralel quest, it wasn't until later i found out there was some little follow up too after you beat Demigra.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
kinda hope we can play both versions of the story. I'm still kinda mad that I couldn't team up with Zarbon & Cooler with my character in the game after I chose Dodoria & Frieza, just so I could do the alternate version of that subplot. I'd also wanna see both storylines in how they'd play out. I mean, I kinda get normal story stuff locking you out of alternate ones, but DLC missions should allow you to do both, especially when they included a what-if at the end of the main story campaign specifically to show what would've happened if Trunks went to help Gohan in his timeline's past.
Is that part of the DLC story??? because i don't remember anything about that in the game normal story mode, i actually thought the DLC in the first Xenoverse would give you only new characters plus some paralel quest, it wasn't until later i found out there was some little follow up too after you beat Demigra.
They're referring to the Freeza Force Time Egg side-quest thing, where you get the Golden Form for Freeza Clan CACs.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Who usually does the translations for V-Jump scans?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
Scsigs wrote:I'm still kinda mad that I couldn't team up with Zarbon & Cooler with my character in the game after I chose Dodoria & Frieza
Is that part of the DLC story??? because i don't remember anything about that in the game normal story mode, i actually thought the DLC in the first Xenoverse would give you only new characters plus some parallel quest, it wasn't until later i found out there was some little follow up too after you beat Demigra.
I'm referring to the story side mission at Frieza's spaceship. Did you not do it? I find that very hard to believe if you didn't.
AnimeNation101 wrote:It implies that you can go back and unlock all the possible routes. SO YEAH. Hype!
Well, I hope so because I'm gonna choose the "correct the timeline" path if I can't go back & do the other one afterwards. This is, unfortunately, a game about time travel that doesn't let you do both diverging paths in the few small missions that have them, which I find to be really wasted in terms of gameplay options.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Here’s the full translated scan:

UI Goku as the expert mission dodge.
Its seems like he can also use his ki to charge up his stamina
He has a melee attack that can be used 3 times if you input the command 3 times
His Ult seems to be a rush attack that ends in a blast

The Story has you going to through other timelines and either fixing or changing them. You can also bring your master and certain masters trigger certain events. The new Tokipedia feature allows you to look over the events that you ended up with. You can unlock all possible events.

We also get more animated cutscenes. In the pic, the Supreme Kai of Time looks like she’s in danger...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:26 pm

This is actually exciting!
I wonder what scenarios we will get?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:30 pm

SPECIAL MOVE DODGE!!

That Gohan burn.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:This is actually exciting!
I wonder what scenarios we will get?
The scan uses the example of changing the ending of the Cell Saga by siding with the Androids.
AnimeNation101 wrote:We also get more animated cutscenes. In the pic, the Supreme Kai of Time looks like she’s in danger...
No, not the Waifu!

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Sounds really neat, I wonder if this "fix history or change it" stuff is a test bed for their plans with XV3.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Cetra wrote:SPECIAL MOVE DODGE!!

That Gohan burn.
That explains why Gohan doesn't get this new form instead of Gokuu. He simply can't learn it, that's all.

Anyway, I'm hyped. So it will basically be the Main Story again, but this time, you can actually change events, did I get this right? Nice.
Preventing Nappa from being killed, killing Freeza but letting Coola live. Too bad there probably won't be bigger changes available like Boo actually absorbing Vegetto (for real) or Tales (Turles) going Super Saiyajin. I hope at least Nappa and Radditz can use the Super Saiyajin Skills as Mentors. I mean, we're supposed to change movestes of our mentors this time, right?
Depending how deep this is going to be, there can be quit some changes and scenarios.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Xaroc wrote:

That Gohan burn.
That explains why Gohan doesn't get this new form instead of Gokuu. He simply can't learn it, that's all.

Anyway, I'm hyped. So it will basically be the Main Story again, but this time, you can actually change events, did I get this right? Nice.
Preventing Nappa from being killed, killing Freeza but letting Coola live. Too bad there probably won't be bigger changes available like Boo actually absorbing Vegetto (for real) or Tales (Turles) going Super Saiyajin. I hope at least Nappa and Radditz can use the Super Saiyajin Skills as Mentors. I mean, we're supposed to change movestes of our mentors this time, right?
Depending how deep this is going to be, there can be quit some changes and scenarios.
I hope so, but in case that doesn't happen there is always Good Ol' Potential Unleashed.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:06 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Xaroc wrote:

That Gohan burn.

I hope so, but in case that doesn't happen there is always Good Ol' Potential Unleashed.
Wait a sec! Remember how we can change the clothes and skills of our mentor? If we can give the mentors any attack, we can give Turles SSJ! So maybe the mechanic has a double use. We can costumize our mentors or we can choose to change time and depending on what saga we changed, if the character in the saga is one of our mentors, they can change.

For example: We change an event involving Turles. Due to the change plus the fact that we can already alter our mentors and the fact that Turles is a mentor, he can go ssj.

Just some wishful thinking

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Xaroc wrote:Anyway, I'm hyped. So it will basically be the Main Story again, but this time, you can actually change events, did I get this right?
It framed as just certain scenarios, not the main story missions. Like it uses the example of changing the end of the Cell Games, but it's not the scenario of Metal Cooler invading.

Kanassa wrote:

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:27 pm

So, to report back regarding my issue regarding the Freeza/Cooler Mark ("Sinister Siblings") glitch. I just finished maxing the friendship meter with Krillin and the the missing mark unlocked after getting Krillin's third mark. Weird.