"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Noah wrote:18 and Videl in swimsuits never seen before in the series? That's a screaming fanservice
Is it actually fanservice when even the first Xenoverse already had such incredibly well-crafted and carefully rendered butts?
...Not to mention the swimsuits have been in the game for a while, the only difference is now you can apparently equip them to non-CAC characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Better look at the V-Jump images and there are new ones too.

[spoiler]Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image[/spoiler]

And here are the truly interesting ones:

[spoiler]Image Image Image[/spoiler]

I might (and want to) enjoy Fu's personality quite a lot if he really pulls a punk and funny teenager at first and then reveal his true nature. That first image from top to bottom already got me. :lol:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:28 pm

So, 17 (Super) has different moves or it's a just a pallete change?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Noah wrote:So, 17 (Super) has different moves or it's a just a pallete change?
Both. As he has a few new moves to practice on Cell and looks not too much different than his Dragon Ball Z base model.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Grimlock wrote:Better look at the V-Jump images and there are new ones too.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Looks like Super Saiyan Blue is going to be like in Heroes, just a hair-color swap?

Which of course raises the question "why Goku's and Vegeta's hai go super saiyan" instead

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Looks like Super Saiyan Blue is going to be like in Heroes, just a hair-color swap?

Which of course raises the question "why Goku's and Vegeta's hai go super saiyan" instead
To be fair, it's not like any CAC's hair changes in SSJ in XV2 and is just a color swap to gold.
Hopefully with XV3 they'll get it right.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Nia wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

To be fair, it's not like any CAC's hair changes in SSJ in XV2 and is just a color swap to gold.
Yep. That's probably one of the biggest things that bugged me about both Xenoverse games, is that barring SSJ3, your CaC's hair only ever turns gold and never points up like the main casts' do. So I'm stuck using the Gohan hair to make it look decent, at least. :problem:

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Nia wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote: Looks like Super Saiyan Blue is going to be like in Heroes, just a hair-color swap?

Yep. That's probably one of the biggest things that bugged me about both Xenoverse games, is that barring SSJ3, your CaC's hair only ever turns gold and never points up like the main casts' do. So I'm stuck using the Gohan hair to make it look decent, at least. :problem:
It's such a minor thing, only being an aesthetic, but it drives me bonkers too. As petty as it is, it's probably the thing I want most from XV3.

Funny story regarding that: I was playing the PC version with a friend of mine not long after it had come out (having already played it quite a bit on the PS3 by then, but my character had spikey hair already, so I didn't think anything of it). This character had the Bra-esque long hair, and I went to transform for the first time and...
It just turned gold. My friend immediately says to me "Your hair looks like shit." Caused me to restart the game from scratch because of how dumb my character looked transformed. XD

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:14 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:Looks like Super Saiyan Blue is going to be like in Heroes, just a hair-color swap?

The actual question is "why do the avatars don't get their hair spiked up?". It's actually a mistake on Dimps' part not letting the hair spiked. Goku's and Vegeta's hair go Super Saiyan because it is indeed Super Saiyan, only with god Ki/power along with it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

My main problem with the whole hair situation is the fact their are spiked up styles we can give our CaCs that look 90% like what some of the longer, non spiked hair styles SHOULD look like as Super Saiyan. And heck, if they can swap models during SSJ3 and Goku, Gohan, and Bardock, then not sure why ours can't.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:46 am

With X3 they should really fix this ... it's stupid.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:27 am

What boggles my mind is that even Ultimate Tenkaichi did the Super Saiyan hairstyles correctly. Crazy. Hopefully somebody would ask Dimps why they've yet to do it.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:53 am

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but this "issue" regarding hair, while understandable (and I don't necessarily disagree with it), is quite petty in comparison to the actual issues with the game, e.g. the horrendous netcode and the absurd balancing, not to mention the terrible AI. I'd gladly stick with recolored hair if it meant the game would work the way it's supposed to.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but this "issue" regarding hair, while understandable (and I don't necessarily disagree with it), is quite petty in comparison to the actual issues with the game, e.g. the horrendous netcode and the absurd balancing, not to mention the terrible AI. I'd gladly stick with recolored hair if it meant the game would work the way it's supposed to.
Oh, certainly. I don't think anyone is arguing that. I even said it was kinda petty (yet I really want it because I'm a dork).
Also, I'm guessing by "terrible AI" you mean the ally AI, since I found the opponent AI to be pretty decent. Obviously not as good as a human opponent, but having enemies actually punish for trying to overuse block or launch unsafe ultimates put a smile on my face. Although, I'm kinda wondering if this upcoming partner stuff will maybe relieve some of the problem, especially given that you can change your partner's transformation, giving me hope that your AI partners will finally use their damn transformations. (Oh, you have SSJ3 Goku? Would you mind using it so Zamasu doesn't crush my ribs into a light powder? Oh, you're just gonna go over there and watch while Goku Black slaps Vegeta around and do nothing to help? Okay, I'll just sit here bleeding out.)
And the netcode is definitely an issue. While I find it mostly playable, trying to get into a game (especially during raids) is a total crapshoot sometimes, and sometimes it's pretty frustrating when you see a Stamina Break land, but the opponent blocked it, and you're like "HOW DO YOU STILL HAVE STAMINA!? I BROKE IT!" I don't want Xenoverse to play like FighterZ, but I'd love to see it with FighterZ's amazing netcode. Wouldn't mind the character models either, but that's aesthetic stuff and falls under the same category as spikey SSJ hair.
But hey, if the gameplay is improved even half as much as it was between XV and XV2, I'll still be a pretty happy camper, despite the annoyances.
EXBadguy wrote:What boggles my mind is that even Ultimate Tenkaichi did the Super Saiyan hairstyles correctly. Crazy. Hopefully somebody would ask Dimps why they've yet to do it.
The one thing that game did right. :lol:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but this "issue" regarding hair, while understandable (and I don't necessarily disagree with it), is quite petty in comparison to the actual issues with the game, e.g. the horrendous netcode and the absurd balancing, not to mention the terrible AI. I'd gladly stick with recolored hair if it meant the game would work the way it's supposed to.
I completely agree. It bothered me at first but once I got into the broken netcode and issues with namely partner A.I. it became irrelevant

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 am

So here's a weird question, is the reason they're doing these extra DLC packs and updates because plans for a third Xenoverse were nixed and now they're trying to reuse their ideas for it in XV2? It seems a bit odd to me that they're making such massive changes and even starting a new story over a year after the game's initial release, and not just holding it all over for the sequel. Maybe they're just doing all this to tease XV3, but this sure is a strange way of going about it.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:34 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote:So here's a weird question, is the reason they're doing these extra DLC packs and updates because plans for a third Xenoverse were nixed and now they're trying to reuse their ideas for it in XV2? It seems a bit odd to me that they're making such massive changes and even starting a new story over a year after the game's initial release, and not just holding it all over for the sequel. Maybe they're just doing all this to tease XV3, but this sure is a strange way of going about it.
That's a good question. I think they're probably trying to keep XV2 alive as long as possible since it's been this successful, and in turn, to give them more time to work on XV3 (at least, as I would hope). I mean, it wouldn't make much sense from a business perspective to not add another installment to a series this popular, would it? :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:42 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
KinguKurimuzon wrote:So here's a weird question, is the reason they're doing these extra DLC packs and updates because plans for a third Xenoverse were nixed and now they're trying to reuse their ideas for it in XV2? It seems a bit odd to me that they're making such massive changes and even starting a new story over a year after the game's initial release, and not just holding it all over for the sequel. Maybe they're just doing all this to tease XV3, but this sure is a strange way of going about it.
That's a good question. I think they're probably trying to keep XV2 alive as long as possible since it's been this successful, and in turn, to give them more time to work on XV3 (at least, as I would hope). I mean, it wouldn't make much sense from a business perspective to not add another installment to a series this popular, would it? :D
Yeah, I suppose it doesn't make any sense to not do a third Xenoverse, I just feel like they're blowing their load a bit with all this DLC. Aside from the new ToP characters, at this point Dimps would have to delve into the darkest reaches of the Dragon Ball franchise for new characters (like, Hatchiycak and reincarnation game Yamcha-level darkest reaches) since they've already added so many characters to XV2 as is. Can't say that would be a bad thing, though. God knows anything like that would be more interesting than Raditz-to-Buu for the billionth time.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:55 am

Heard some rumblings behind the scenes. Can't discuss most of it, but I can reinforce the fairly obvious, common knowledge parts of it.

The Xenoverse franchise has been more popular than a lot of recent games for the franchise, and they hope to the game series has a long life. Xenoverse 2 and its DLC have continued to sell fairly well. Well enough that they felt the need to capitalize on it and create more content with these Extra Packs than what was originally intended. However, they don't plan on releasing a sequel in the immediate future though (don't expect an announcement this year if the entirely of what I've been told is true). So the Extra Pack content is being done as a means to bridge the gap, with the intention of keeping players interested and setting up the current direction of the next game to some extent.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:05 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Heard some rumblings behind the scenes. Can't discuss most of it, but I can reinforce the fairly obvious, common knowledge parts of it.

The Xenoverse franchise has been more popular than a lot of recent games for the franchise, and they hope to the game series has a long life. Xenoverse 2 and its DLC have continued to sell fairly well. Well enough that they felt the need to capitalize on it and create more content with these Extra Packs than what was originally intended. However, they don't plan on releasing a sequel in the immediate future though (don't expect an announcement this year if the entirely of what I've been told is true). So the Extra Pack content is being done as a means to bridge the gap, with the intention of keeping players interested and setting up the current direction of the next game to some extent.
Oh, so it's basically like Square Enix rereleasing the past games in the Kingdom Hearts series on PS3, 4, & most likely Xbox One, as well as making 0.2 & X Back Cover to bridge gaps & set up stuff for later developments in 3. Cool.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs