"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:22 am

Nia wrote:It seems XV2 got a patch today. No clue what it's for, though.
It's too small to be anything for the upcoming DLC.
Probably a balance or stability patch.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:36 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Maybe Hit's ultimate is usable again?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:37 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:
It was broken?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:50 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote: Probably a balance or stability patch.
It was broken?
The patch before, pretty well broke it, even with stamina breaking your opponent. It would not land unless I got extremely lucky.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: Maybe Hit's ultimate is usable again?
It was broken?
The patch before, pretty well broke it, even with stamina breaking your opponent. It would not land unless I got extremely lucky.
Ouch. Super Black Kamehameha needs to be buffed because you can escape it fairly easily if not stamina broken unlike its powered up version.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:46 am

Just a question; what platform do you use? I just logged onto mine (XboxOne) and no update for it. Still 1.08.01 for me.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:34 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Just a question; what platform do you use? I just logged onto mine (XboxOne) and no update for it. Still 1.08.01 for me.
I'm on PS4.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:52 am

Nia wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:Just a question; what platform do you use? I just logged onto mine (XboxOne) and no update for it. Still 1.08.01 for me.
I'm on PS4.
Ah, that would be why.

Hit's Ultimate still won't connect. :(

I break the stamina. I have 5 bars of Ki. I hit the Ultimate with the NPC right in front of me....!
And I hit nothing but the air between the characters, followed by the NPC recovering, then attacking Hit. :cry:

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Nia wrote:
I'm on PS4.
Ah, that would be why.

I break the stamina. I have 5 bars of Ki. I hit the Ultimate with the NPC right in front of me....!
And I hit nothing but the air between the characters, followed by the NPC recovering, then attacking Hit. :cry:
I can try seeing if it lands better post-patch in a little while. I seem to vaguely remember having some trouble with it, too (though I think it was more that it didn't do a lot of damage, but I cycle through skills quite a bit, so I could be wrong).

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Nia wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
Nia wrote: I'm on PS4.
Ah, that would be why.

I can try seeing if it lands better post-patch in a little while. I seem to vaguely remember having some trouble with it, too (though I think it was more that it didn't do a lot of damage, but I cycle through skills quite a bit, so I could be wrong).
With Hit's power up, and I imagine Cabba's Super Soul as a Super Saiyan 1-3, it does quite a bit of damage. But the actual range of it seems to have been shortened even more than what it already was, making it about useless.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Hit's Tokitobashi is useless since it was added. Not only its range makes it almost impossible to hit the opponent, it consumes 4 bars and the damage is quite low. You can use any other melee technique instead that also consumes 4 bars and you will deal more damage.

My main Time Patroller is 100% melee, so I obviously tested it, and while it is nice visually and "sound" speaking (I love that sound it plays just when you deliver the final punch!), it's not a technique you should pick when playing serious.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Grimlock wrote:Hit's Tokitobashi is useless since it was added. Not only its range makes it almost impossible to hit the opponent, it consumes 4 bars and the damage is quite low. You can use any other melee technique instead that also consumes 4 bars and you will deal more damage.

My main Time Patroller is 100% melee, so I obviously tested it, and while it is nice visually and "sound" speaking (I love that sound it plays just when you deliver the final punch!), it's not a technique you should pick when playing serious.
I don't. I just like using Hit sometimes for PQs and Dragon Ball grinding. But when his Ultimate is next to unusable...

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Hit's Tokitobashi is useless since it was added. Not only its range makes it almost impossible to hit the opponent, it consumes 4 bars and the damage is quite low. You can use any other melee technique instead that also consumes 4 bars and you will deal more damage.

I don't. I just like using Hit sometimes for PQs and Dragon Ball grinding. But when his Ultimate is next to unusable...
You dont even need his ult. When you max his Pure Progress his basic strings do damage equal if not more than the majority of ults in the game.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:

You dont even need his ult. When you max his Pure Progress his basic strings do damage equal if not more than the majority of ults in the game.
I know, its the principle of the matter.

Besides, there's a "cinematic" feeling to ending the fight with the character's ultimate, ya know?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:08 am

For offline players using Hit to grind and such, I'd recommend using one of his infinite combos where (Xbox controls) you press five Xs, two Ys, then step dash towards or around your opponent and repeat. It erases health bars very quickly in most cases.

Whatever you do, though, absolutely never use it online. It's one of the cheapest tactics you can use against other players, so I very, very strongly discourage it.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soul Breaker

Post by Soul Breaker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:48 am

If you're playing offline, using Hit isn't the way to go imo. I'd recommend using someone along the lines of Vegito Blue, Rosé, or Merged Zamasu. Vegito for strike, Rose for balance, and Zamasu for Ki blasts. Of course that's different from Local Play/Cpu Battles.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Soul Breaker wrote:If you're playing offline, using Hit isn't the way to go imo. I'd recommend using someone along the lines of Vegito Blue, Rosé, or Merged Zamasu. Vegito for strike, Rose for balance, and Zamasu for Ki blasts. Of course that's different from Local Play/Cpu Battles.
I like switching it up and not limiting myself to only a handful of characters.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:16 am

So I feel that SSB for our Saiyan CaCs will be a stamina drain form like the Frieza Race, Majins, and Nameks. Seems like that would be the best bet in terms of balance. I hope it's set up like regular Super Saiyan though

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Golden Form does not drain stamina though. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan should be a transformation for melee, otherwise it will be a useless form.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:06 pm

It's only useful on Awoken Hit, Pure Progress level 2 buffs the damage big time and there is a specific point in Hit's combo string that stuns the enemy for the perfect amount of time to land the move.
On avatars the move is completely useless.