"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mfwlegend3
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Based.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Yeah, both early Black and present Zamasu would be nice costumes, maybe next game! I REALLY hope the god forms are transformations next game instead of being their own characters, especially with how often Goku and Vegeta go from Super Saiyan to Blue in battles. It'd be cool to have Super Saiyan God as a transformation for CACs, Goku and as a reference to the manga, Vegeta.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:28 pm

I hope Dimps has been paying attention to the manga

So hopefully SSJ Rose Black may come with a Variant of Goku Black that can transform into That Evil Vibe Super Saiyan

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:39 pm

ZeroDio wrote:I hope Dimps has been paying attention to the manga

So hopefully SSJ Rose Black may come with a Variant of Goku Black that can transform into That Evil Vibe Super Saiyan
A large amount of Champa's moveset is from the manga.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:42 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:a large amount of Champa's moveset is from the manga.
That's mainly due to Champa not having done anything in the anime.

I do agree though, I would like to see SS Black and SSG Vegeta.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 pm

While Xeno 1 DLC didn't make me feel too ashamed....this one is. It's been pretty lackluster. Not even a story per part. Come on. Usually it's just something I pick up for like an hour...and then that's it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:42 pm

So, analyzing this image better, we are getting the characters as they are listed here. Which confirms Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegetto and "..." (since it lists only characters, and assuming that ellipsis stands for another character slot, the last one must be a character as well, certainly Merged Zamasu, gotta be him) for paid DLC Pack 4. Then we have two more free DLCs, which if we are lucky, they will give us some more characters (variations, precisely), because aside from them, what else can they put in a DLC? A few items, accessories and clothes? People would riot, myself included.

I don't think we will get more than the usual from the paid DLCs, so it all comes down to our luck through free DLCs.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Grimlock wrote:So, analyzing this image better, we are getting the characters as they are listed here. Which confirms Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegetto and "..." (since it lists only characters, and assuming that ellipsis stands for another character slot, the last one must be a character as well, certainly Merged Zamasu, gotta be him) for paid DLC Pack 4. Then we have two more free DLCs, which if we are lucky, they will give us some more characters (variations, precisely), because aside from them, what else can they put in a DLC? A few items, accessories and clothes? People would riot, myself included.

I don't think we will get more than the usual from the paid DLCs, so it all comes down to our luck through free DLCs.

Merged Zamas will surely come in the 4th DLC. The fifth character moves abbreviations that revealed the datamine were:

*Supers
-SBK: Sabaki, from Sabaki no Yaiba, "Blades of Judgment"
-ZTI: Zettai, from Zettai no Ikazuchi, "Light of Absolution"

*Ultimates
-GKR: Gekirin, from Sei-naru Gekirin, "Holy Wrath" (one of his most powerful techniques)

It's surely him, it would be nice if they put in the game its grotesque form.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Is anyone else a little disappointed in Black's ki blade? I'm not sure what it is, but it just doesn't look all that right to me. Maybe it's too long?

I know for a fact they definitely screwed it up in this move:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Hey guys weirdly specific question I'm flying to Australia 2morrow for like 16 days, how much does all the bojack tp medal shop stuff add up to, I'll save up the tp medals and get my friend to log in and buy em for me...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Asura wrote:Is anyone else a little disappointed in Black's ki blade? I'm not sure what it is, but it just doesn't look all that right to me. Maybe it's too long?

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Why should anyone get "disappointed" by something so little? :eh: No one at Dimps entered in the anime realm and measured the blade's size to get it right on another media. This is nonsense and an unnecessary nitpick. And nothing is screwed up. Screwed up would be not adding that epic move into the game.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Why should anyone get "disappointed" by something so little? :eh: No one at Dimps entered in the anime realm and measured the blade's size to get it right on another media. This is nonsense and an unnecessary nitpick. And nothing is screwed up. Screwed up would be not adding that epic move into the game.
The shape of the blade is completely wrong, so there's that.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Asura wrote:Is anyone else a little disappointed in Black's ki blade? I'm not sure what it is, but it just doesn't look all that right to me. Maybe it's too long?

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
So little? Almost all of his attacks in the anime centered around that ki blade. How can it be considered "so little"? It's not even just the size, if you look at those two images the shape is completely wrong. Wanting an accurate representation of the blade in-game is definitely not a "nonsense and unnecessary nitpick".

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:16 pm

I may pick up this dlc. Playable Rosé and Zamasu are characters I've been wanting to have in XV2.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:Why should anyone get "disappointed" by something so little? :eh: No one at Dimps entered in the anime realm and measured the blade's size to get it right on another media. This is nonsense and an unnecessary nitpick. And nothing is screwed up. Screwed up would be not adding that epic move into the game.
No offense intended, but I find this pretty ironic coming from someone who nitpicks hair shapes...
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Asura wrote:So little? Almost all of his attacks in the anime centered around that ki blade. How can it be considered "so little"? It's not even just the size, if you look at those two images the shape is completely wrong. Wanting an accurate representation of the blade in-game is definitely not a "nonsense and unnecessary nitpick".
What's your point saying all of his attacks were centered around the blade? He has the said blade to perform those attacks now, if it's inaccurate by size or not is little. I'd give you a point if instead of a blade it was a scythe or another kind of weapon. Answering your first question: yes, it's just you and probably a minority that is disappointed by this minimum detail, I've seen that image being shared elsewhere and people liked without any complaint.
Anime Kitten wrote:No offense intended, but I find this pretty ironic coming from someone who nitpicks hair shapes...
That is a solid reason which people should be disappointed, 2017 and some still think Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 don't have differences...

~ Day of the Machines ~

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:38 am

Grimlock wrote:
Asura wrote:So little? Almost all of his attacks in the anime centered around that ki blade. How can it be considered "so little"? It's not even just the size, if you look at those two images the shape is completely wrong. Wanting an accurate representation of the blade in-game is definitely not a "nonsense and unnecessary nitpick".
What's your point saying all of his attacks were centered around the blade? He has the said blade to perform those attacks now, if it's inaccurate by size or not is little. I'd give you a point if instead of a blade it was a scythe or another kind of weapon. Answering your first question: yes, it's just you and probably a minority that is disappointed by this minimum detail, I've seen that image being shared elsewhere and people liked without any complaint.
Anime Kitten wrote:No offense intended, but I find this pretty ironic coming from someone who nitpicks hair shapes...
That is a solid reason which people should be disappointed, 2017 and some still think Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 don't have differences...
Your logic literally makes zero sense and is quite hypocritical. You have an issue with not showing the slight discrepancy between SSJ and SSJ2, yet you're saying that as long as the ki blade is still a "blade", it can be as inaccurate as possible. According to your logic, whether the blade is as small as his fingers or as tall as Black himself it doesn't matter, as long as it looks like a blade. You seem to have no qualms with it being the complete wrong shape either (as seen in the picture), irregardless of size.

I mean, if you're apparently so passionate about getting the small details that separate SSJ and SSJ2 to be right, why would you say that a character's iconic weapon possibly being the wrong size, and most certainly the wrong shape, is of little importance?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:06 am

Because of what it represents, its essence. The blade being a little bigger or a little smaller doesn't affect Goku Black's performance. He can still do that move independently of the size of a blade. His action, the way he moves... All will be as accurate as possible as seen in the anime judging by the image we saw in-game of the technique.

Making wrong the Super Saiyan forms is, until nowadays, a subject of confusion and it generally just gets more complicated as the debate flows. We're talking about two entirely different transformations that can impact greatly depending on many factors that should already be known by most of those who call themselves fans of Dragon Ball (but oddly don't know the basic issue). You can't really compare the size of a blade which at the end of the day won't make a difference with something that really does. Also, there's no point in creating a transformation if it doesn't have the slightest difference, but if it does, then its characteristics must be properly respected in order to avoid problems in general, size of a weapon doesn't create problem at all.

Zero sense is nitpicking about size but don't give a damn to what may (and certainly will) cause misinterpretation, in the worst scenarios, plot holes.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Grimlock wrote:Because of what it represents, its essence. The blade being a little bigger or a little smaller doesn't affect Goku Black's performance. He can still do that move independently of the size of a blade. His action, the way he moves... All will be as accurate as possible as seen in the anime judging by the image we saw in-game of the technique.

Making wrong the Super Saiyan forms is, until nowadays, a subject of confusion and it generally just gets more complicated as the debate flows. We're talking about two entirely different transformations that can impact greatly depending on many factors that should already be known by most of those who call themselves fans of Dragon Ball (but oddly don't know the basic issue). You can't really compare the size of a blade which at the end of the day won't make a difference with something that really does. Also, there's no point in creating a transformation if it doesn't have the slightest difference, but if it does, then its characteristics must be properly respected in order to avoid problems in general, size of a weapon doesn't create problem at all.

Zero sense is nitpicking about size but don't give a damn to what may (and certainly will) cause misinterpretation, in the worst scenarios, plot holes.
I'm rather flabbergasted at your "who gives a shit about accuracy" approach, as if wanting accuracy so that anime characters are properly represented in their video game counterparts is a "nonsense and unnecessary nitpick". I mean, your logic is literally "The square is now a circle? What a nonsense nitpick, they're still shapes you know, what's the problem?" :roll:

When it boils down to it, we both have the same exact complaints, and you're just being a hypocrite. Drawing SSJ hair on an SSJ2 is just getting the shape of the hair wrong. Similarly, having one of Black's signature attacks from the anime have his ki blade in some odd rounded rectangle blade instead of a curved scimitar is getting the shape of the ki blade wrong.

Why is it okay for you to complain about SSJ2 hair not being accurate, yet it's nonsense when I complain that Black's ki blade is in the completely wrong shape in one of his most famous moves from the anime? It'd be like coloring the Kamehameha yellow. We already know of a video game that did that though, and people weren't pleased to see such an iconic move changed, even if the change was so "little" as just a new coat of paint.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm just gonna put my two cents into this ki blade discussion really quick, but in the anime, Black's blade takes a few different shapes.

There's the aforementioned shape when doing his little sword dance, for one, but in combat he typically doesn't use that.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Their goal wasn't to match the appearance of the blade as much as it was to create a middle-ground design (a "fusion", if you will) so that they wouldn't have to model multiple versions of it. That said, I would've preferred that they just went with the straight blade all around instead of what they chose, but I don't think it's a big deal.

EDIT: Well, it looks like he does have multiple versions of the blade in-game...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I still don't think it's a big deal, but I can understand the nitpicking.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327