"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:28 pm

And now Dragon Ball games are getting "complete editions".

Well.

Glad to have a version with most/all of the DLC on board for preservation's sake, but otherwise, friends, we "AAA" now.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:01 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:And now Dragon Ball games are getting "complete editions".

Well.

Glad to have a version with most/all of the DLC on board for preservation's sake, but otherwise, friends, we "AAA" now.
What do you mean by comple editions?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:23 am

New gameplay trailers for Buuhan and Dabra has been released by Bandai. And they look awesome! (Mainly probably Dabra but Buuhan still looks cool)

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/statu ... 7182489600
Caulifla best girl! :)

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:50 am

Looks kind of cool but I hate when Dimps takes liberties with the colors of certain moves.

Also, Buuhan's moveset. So far it looks like he has a regular kamehameha( kind of repetitive if he has the Super one),candy beam,(HOPEFULLY the red rings), some kind of melee combo.

I feel like they messed up his ultimate. Or at least Kamikaze attack. Can they fire blasts I wonder? They probably didnt even include his big spirit bomb like blast. Crossing my fingers for more than one preset.

And tbh it would have made since to include BuuGotenks too. Right now, I am very cautious.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Man the comments I'm seeing about Bandai calling him Dabra instead of Dabura are insane. I understand Dabura is his official Funimation translation but surely these people know Dabra is also acceptable as a translation (does the Viz manga call him Dabra?).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:05 am

nato25 wrote:Man the comments I'm seeing about Bandai calling him Dabra instead of Dabura are insane. I understand Dabura is his official Funimation translation but surely these people know Dabra is also acceptable as a translation (does the Viz manga call him Dabra?).
Yes, the Viz manga refers to the character as "Dabra":
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Which just makes the complaints about his name not being "Dabura" all the more stupid.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:27 am

Not at all. Not everyone reads manga and I'm pretty sure "Dabura" is way more popular than "Dabra". Also, "Dabura" sounds better in both writing and pronouncing. So the complainings are actually understandable. No reason to use a name that not everyone knows/is used to.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:48 am

It depends on how you're pronouncing it. If you're emphasizing the "u" in "bu" in any way, you're saying the name wrong.

FUNimation says the name wrong.

You don't say or write "Torunks". Likewise, you don't need to say or write "Dabura".

Clearly someone on the European team looked at the name and made the obvious connection from "abracadabra" without having the baggage of FUNimation's name changes in their mind.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:And now Dragon Ball games are getting "complete editions".

Well.

What do you mean by complete editions?
A second version of a game shipping with all downloadable content/expansion packs on the disc/download. Typically something you associate with either very successful mainstream games or Capcom's slew of fighting game re-releases: which means Xenoverse 2 has both DLC and popularity enough to merit the reprint (on top of whatever reduced-price reprint it will get in Japan, if it hasn't already). That's a first.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It depends on how you're pronouncing it. If you're emphasizing the "u" in "bu" in any way, you're saying the name wrong.

You don't say or write "Torunks". Likewise, you don't need to say or write "Dabura".

Clearly someone on the European team looked at the name and made the obvious connection from "abracadabra" without having the baggage of FUNimation's name changes in their mind.
I will admit i do actually say 'Torunksu' for fun sometimes just as i say 'Fuuuurrriiiiieeeeeezzaaaaa' haha.

While you definitely could argue FUNimation did translate his name 'wrong', I think in the context of the property as a whole you just have to accept when referring to the character its acceptable to use Dabra or Dabura. That is his long established original name and anime translation from the official dub company. Same as Coora and Cooler, Kulilin and Krillin and even Makenkosoppo and Special Beam Cannon.

I dont want to pick sides at all here, Id like people to accept both and not have these arguments because people, for the most part, know which character is being referred to whichever version of the name is used. They just use the opportunity to seem smart or something because they know the name how they have for forever long.

That being said i dont just forgive FUNimation for just changing something, especially in newer material. This latest arc has had two unnecessary changes with the universal transport cube being changed to Hexahedron and Frost third form being changed from Assault to Charging form.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Haven't kept up with the news, so sorry if it's common knowledge, but is it confirmed that there will be more new characters in the expansion outside of Buuhan and Dabura?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Beyond Zamasu (who's already playable) being added as a mentor, they are indeed teasing additional content in this pack:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/09/23/up ... ters-more/
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:17 am

So for some reason it's just so darn hard to find nice clean transparent .png renders for most recent DB games (FighterZ is an exception). Since I'm not handy with image manipulation software, I've been trying to scour the net for them. I've come across very few, sadly.

Anyway, one that I really wanted was Masked Saiyan. But all I can find is this one:

The actual MS render has him crossing his arms. But this is the only one I can find outside of the (very cluttered) pic on the official site.

So where did this come from? Is this actually an alternate artwork for XV2? Or is it from another game? Fanart? Reverse search gets it to show up on DeviantArt but it looks like that person is just in the business of cropping/cutting out pre-existing renders.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:01 am

Raid this weekend or no?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:54 am

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:13 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Beyond Zamasu (who's already playable) being added as a mentor, they are indeed teasing additional content in this pack:

Rad, I think “the person who shook the future will appear" strongly implies there is more story mode.

I have a theory it's Demigra back somehow , it'd make sense with him reappearing in switch because of the XV1 story mode, he'd be easy to make because they have mostly already made him, and he has more to do/forms in other games like heroes.... Really looking forward to this...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:28 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It depends on how you're pronouncing it. If you're emphasizing the "u" in "bu" in any way, you're saying the name wrong.

Ha ha, this was the same analogy I used elsewhere.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Well I hope none was getting their hopes up for Buuhan, his fighting style is ok but all his super are pretty much stoke with his Buu Ghosts being identical to Gotenks and his Candy Beam functions like Buu evecive skill.

Dabura is a bit better thanks to his stone spite but evil flame is in reality just a reskinned version of Super Buu's sweeping beam breath by the looks of it. Evil Blast is a counter ultimate but none has pulled it off in any videos I've seen, Also no Sword Ultimate.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 am

My main hope is that Buu's get the candy beam as a super which can really help with fending the opponent off and regaining stamina. Buuhan looks cool but he's exactly what he was in Z, a mishmash of everyone. Not really unique in terms of moveset.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:32 am

TobyS wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Beyond Zamasu (who's already playable) being added as a mentor, they are indeed teasing additional content in this pack:

Rad, I think “the person who shook the future will appear" strongly implies there is more story mode.

I have a theory it's Demigra back somehow , it'd make sense with him reappearing in switch because of the XV1 story mode, he'd be easy to make because they have mostly already made him, and he has more to do/forms in other games like heroes.... Really looking forward to this...
It could be Rage Trunks after everyone got mad he didn't make it into pack 4. I mean, he literally "shook" the future when he appeared.

Demigra would be alright. They really need to get him, Final Form Mira and the previous Time Patroller in somehow. It feels like such a waste to have them as just story characters. Actually, that description could apply to all three of those as well as Trunks, so who knows.