"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 pm

There is no reason at all for more updates to a game that they aren't invested in and it's clear not everyone wants to spend money on DLC when the same material should be getting put in a future game. DLC is nothing more than witholding content for ransom.

And the reason why people have said "this should've been in the last game" between XV1&2 was because there was hardly any difference between XV1&2. It was a repeat of a majority of the missions, a repeat of attacks, a repeat of the RNG, a repeat of the exp grind, a repeat in practically every aspect of the game. And bringing up "But it has a new engine!" is utterly meaningless given Dimps didn't build the engine, they bought it from another company, the same way it was for DBFZ.

The only way to make a Xenoverse 3 different enough for it to not be just an "update" is for it to be vastly superior to XV2. If it's just going to be 90% of the same assets as XV2 with hardly any improvement to the story and overall design, then it's going to fail. Hard. If they aren't going to put in the effort, then it's not going to be worth buying.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:40 am

I’m just gonna say right now, as far as i know NOW, XV3 is NOT the next game. So either way, don’t expect an XV3 announcement. Plus, i feel like there needs to be a good amount of time with a lack of any new XV2 content before people get XV3 so it feels that much more fresh and new rather than just a big update to XV2.

I will say this again. I’m calling it that the next game is a DB RPG with open world elements.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:06 am

XV3 really needs a competent AI for the allies. They only participate when you are doing a combo and to screw it up for you, but when the enemy breaks your stamina and is stomping you, they just stand there like they are Bulma or something. Is really annoying, I mean come on, a little help, you ally fuck?
Is PS2 AI level

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Man, I would really dig a really improved Raging Blast 3 as XENOVERSE got me worn out on the past few years.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 am

Zelvin wrote:There is no reason at all for more updates to a game that they aren't invested in and it's clear not everyone wants to spend money on DLC when the same material should be getting put in a future game. DLC is nothing more than witholding content for ransom.

And the reason why people have said "this should've been in the last game" between XV1&2 was because there was hardly any difference between XV1&2. It was a repeat of a majority of the missions, a repeat of attacks, a repeat of the RNG, a repeat of the exp grind, a repeat in practically every aspect of the game. And bringing up "But it has a new engine!" is utterly meaningless given Dimps didn't build the engine, they bought it from another company, the same way it was for DBFZ.

The only way to make a Xenoverse 3 different enough for it to not be just an "update" is for it to be vastly superior to XV2. If it's just going to be 90% of the same assets as XV2 with hardly any improvement to the story and overall design, then it's going to fail. Hard. If they aren't going to put in the effort, then it's not going to be worth buying.
If people weren't still buying the DLC, they wouldn't have made this many. All of the Extra Packs are so called because Xenoverse 2 players kept buying the DLC, which incentivised them to keep supporting the game. Xenoverse 3 is not being delayed just for XV2 DLC, so being opposed to more DLC because you'd rather have XV3 is kind of ridiculous.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:59 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: If people weren't still buying the DLC, they wouldn't have made this many. All of the Extra Packs are so called because Xenoverse 2 players kept buying the DLC, which incentivised them to keep supporting the game. Xenoverse 3 is not being delayed just for XV2 DLC, so being opposed to more DLC because you'd rather have XV3 is kind of ridiculous.
Using the same strategy as EA to rely on the whales for your profits is going to bite you in the ass sooner rather than later.
Koitsukai wrote:XV3 really needs a competent AI for the allies. They only participate when you are doing a combo and to screw it up for you, but when the enemy breaks your stamina and is stomping you, they just stand there like they are Bulma or something. Is really annoying, I mean come on, a little help, you ally fuck?
Is PS2 AI level
AI Comp also never uses Transformation skills, so using my CaC's as AI comps doesn't work as well, especially if you have Big Bang Kamehameha equipped or need to use Meditation to have more ki bars for the Ultimate and the AI won't use these abilities.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:42 pm

I JUST beat Freeza/Cooler, I've been trying since August. ugh. lol
-Mark

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Bamco are the worst at hyping up there stream, all XV2 has done so far is sell Extra Pack 4, give some bs response to hacks and cheaters and then talk up the free pack.

But now Infinite Mission is getting officially announced so that's cool at least.

World Mission sorry, available April 5th. Super Dragon Ball Heroes is coming to the West, Switch exclusive. Story about Sailas being the first time patroller looks kind of cool. Lol at Trunks getting owned so easily.

PC release as well, nice and exactly 1160 cards and 350 characters, damn.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Apparently FighterZ, XV2 and heroes will continue getting support (not sure if DLC or just balance stuff, etc.).

They teased big news that would please Dragon Ball as a whole, honestly I feel like he just low key dropped an announcement that Super is returning the way it was worded in the subs but they seemed heavily edited to me.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Xenoverse 3 dream is dead boys.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:50 am

Kokonoe wrote:Xenoverse 3 dream is dead boys.
Let's wait until may. I hope they'll announce XV3.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:28 am

Dont get your hopes up, fb page just announced an action rpg title for 2019!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Think of it this way, ladies and gents.

The more XV3 is delayed, the more content it will have upon release.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:54 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Think of it this way, ladies and gents.

Not necessarily. But I don't think it is being delayed anyway. Bandai-Namco has a schedule of one new Dragon Ball game per year. XV3's release window has probably been set in stone for a while. XV2 DLC is just more content for the game we already have. Likely, the DLC/update characters, clothing, skills, and transformation (SSGSS) will carry over to XV3, though, if that's what you mean.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:24 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Think of it this way, ladies and gents.

Not necessarily. But I don't think it is being delayed anyway. Bandai-Namco has a schedule of one new Dragon Ball game per year. XV3's release window has probably been set in stone for a while. XV2 DLC is just more content for the game we already have. Likely, the DLC/update characters, clothing, skills, and transformation (SSGSS) will carry over to XV3, though, if that's what you mean.
Sure, not necessarily. But its chances of having more content is sure better than when the sequel is released 1-1.5 years after the last one (coughcoughBudokai2coughcough)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Apparently, all the scan says is that news on the 'Next Stage of Xenoverse' is coming soon

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:07 pm

More DLC said to be coming soon. And something non-xenoverse 2 related is gonna have something coming up tomorrow, which I'm guessing is more World Mission gameplay
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:15 pm

More dlc? Wow Dimps. Let the game die already

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Kanassa wrote:More DLC said to be coming soon. And something non-xenoverse 2 related is gonna have something coming up tomorrow, which I'm guessing is more World Mission gameplay
There's supposed to be news about the new RPG tomorrow too, right?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Gotta love the reaction and the comments. People want XV3 to be announced right now even though they have yet to announce the 2019 major Dragon Ball game. Clearly Xenoverse 3 is for 2020. There's really no reason to announce it at this point so early, even before the 2019 game announcement. Also, they talk as if each and everyone at Dimps is busy making the DLCs and so they aren't developing XV3. Breaking news: just because they will continue making DLCs do not necessarily mean they are not developing XV3. It doesn't even make sense, Dimps is not a small company.

Anyway, pretty glad this game will continue to live on, as I said before, there are still stuff to be done in XV2. And the more this game gets things, the more they'll appear in XV3 (without having to pay) plus all the new stuff XV3 will bring.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~