"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GTx10
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GTx10 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Bullza wrote:Are they adding anymore characters to this or are they finished now?
2 more characters with DLC 8.
And, according to data miners, they'll be Super Broly and Blue Gogeta.

The only question is; when.
But what gave them the impression it was Gogeta? I saw the datamine page and the Gigantic Breaker move does indeed seem to be Broly but is that dance move exclusive to Gogeta? What if it's a movie version of Son Goku instead? Which leads to my second question, did the datamine have actual names; like "Gogeta" and "Broly?"
Or something like "GGA" and "BLY?" (Note: I can believe Movie Broly being a dlc but I must admit the Gogeta Blue dlc has not convinced me)
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:50 pm

GTx10 wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
Gt91 wrote: 2 more characters with DLC 8.
And, according to data miners, they'll be Super Broly and Blue Gogeta.

The only question is; when.
But what gave them the impression it was Gogeta? I saw the datamine page and the Gigantic Breaker move does indeed seem to be Broly but is that dance move exclusive to Gogeta? What if it's a movie version of Son Goku instead? Which leads to my second question, did the datamine have actual names; like "Gogeta" and "Broly?"
Or something like "GGA" and "BLY?" (Note: I can believe Movie Broly being a dlc but I must admit the Gogeta Blue dlc has not convinced me)
The character has 1 attack from Gogeta (super mad dance), a Kamehameha, and Galick Gun. Also Gogeta’s evasive.

So he has 2 abilities only Gogeta has and one technique each from Goku and Vegeta. Combined with all other evidence, it’s definitely Gogeta.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Well in likely hood it is Gogeta but what if it's Goku? (I could see Goku using a Galick Gun attack. Plus other characters have shared moves before.) Remind me of how Super Mad Dance looks like again, it is the punches and kicks Gogeta uses before launching Soul Destroyer/Stardust Breaker?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:40 pm

GTx10 wrote:Well in likely hood it is Gogeta but what if it's Goku? (I could see Goku using a Galick Gun attack. Plus other characters have shared moves before.) Remind me of how Super Mad Dance looks like again, it is the punches and kicks Gogeta uses before launching Soul Destroyer/Stardust Breaker?
Well, I hear that Tien has Kamehameha in one of those games, if that's what you're refering to, but he used the kamehameha once against Roshi in the 22nd tournament.

Anyways, while it's possible they'll add another Goku, I don't see which one they'd use to have those moves, only one really lacking is Xeno Goku and that one is from another game, and why give him moves Goku usualy doesn't have to begin with... Gogeta is a safe bet.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
GTx10 wrote:Well in likely hood it is Gogeta but what if it's Goku? (I could see Goku using a Galick Gun attack. Plus other characters have shared moves before.) Remind me of how Super Mad Dance looks like again, it is the punches and kicks Gogeta uses before launching Soul Destroyer/Stardust Breaker?
Well, I hear that Tien has Kamehameha in one of those games, if that's what you're refering to, but he used the kamehameha once against Roshi in the 22nd tournament.

Anyways, while it's possible they'll add another Goku, I don't see which one they'd use to have those moves, only one really lacking is Xeno Goku and that one is from another game, and why give him moves Goku usualy doesn't have to begin with... Gogeta is a safe bet.
Well Geekdom101 dropped some Movie info and it seems it is indeed

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:35 pm

In the scenario where Gogeta actually uses Super Saiyan God in the movie, hopefully Dimps chooses that one to add. I don't want Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Gogeta, "we already got him" via Vegetto, no need for "the same character (essentially)" to be added again.

Also, I noticed that the only DLC character with a transformation is Cabba (but he does not have Super Saiyan 2 unfortunately). No one else has transformation. So I want base Gogeta being able to transform into Super Saiyan God. Also, depending on when the DLC drops, I would like some Parallel Quests that adapt some part of the movie, or that adds to it. Like how the beginning of Universe 6 and Future Trunks sagas can be seen in Parallel Quests.

And of course, expecting a great amount of dialogues! Please don't let me down this time like you have in the previous DLC, Dimps! Bring me nice dialogues!
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:19 am

Grimlock wrote:In the scenario where Gogeta actually uses Super Saiyan God in the movie, hopefully Dimps chooses that one to add. I don't want Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Gogeta, "we already got him" via Vegetto, no need for "the same character (essentially)" to be added again.

Also, I noticed that the only DLC character with a transformation is Cabba (but he does not have Super Saiyan 2 unfortunately). No one else has transformation. So I want base Gogeta being able to transform into Super Saiyan God. Also, depending on when the DLC drops, I would like some Parallel Quests that adapt some part of the movie, or that adds to it. Like how the beginning of Universe 6 and Future Trunks sagas can be seen in Parallel Quests.

And of course, expecting a great amount of dialogues! Please don't let me down this time like you have in the previous DLC, Dimps! Bring me nice dialogues!
Personally I'm hoping for dialogue with the following characters.

New Broly and classic Broly.

SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta and New Broly.

Whis and New Broly.

New Broly with Adult Gohan

And of course SSB Gogeta and New Broly.

Give me that and I will be happy, anymore and I'll jump for joy.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:45 am

Think we'll get to see the new TOP stage in this month's v-jump?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:14 am

When we will get the V-Jump already ? Few days I believe ? :eh:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:When we will get the V-Jump already ? Few days I believe ? :eh:
The January 2019 issue of V-Jump will be released Wednesday, November 21.

(Amazon Japan has actually already shipped copies. People may receive them as early as Monday. Myself included.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:25 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:When we will get the V-Jump already ? Few days I believe ? :eh:
The January 2019 issue of V-Jump will be released Wednesday, November 21.

(Amazon Japan has actually already shipped copies. People may receive them as early as Monday. Myself included.)
Well then the wait game has started in few days we will know thanks for this fast reply. :wink:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:59 am

Looks like the V Jump scan is going to be formally announcing Broly. My guess is they're going to wait until December to announce Gogeta, then we'll get a January/February release

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/dragon-ball ... -announced

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:05 pm

GTx10 wrote:
And what, pray tell, kind of source is that?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:44 pm

The S wrote:
GTx10 wrote:
A datamine revealed a dlc character that has Gogeta and SS4 Gogeta's moves. (With the movie spoilers out it would indeed be Gogeta)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Kanassa wrote:Think we'll get to see the new TOP stage in this month's v-jump?
I don't know if they can add a stage by a DLC patch, but I think they will not do that. I think they'll probably save that for XV3. IMO, the TOP Stage should have a few skins, Early ToP with everything clean and kneat with explosions on the background, Sort of shattered mountains and dark background with Genki Dama's crater on it, Green background and mountains where Goku fought Kefla, Star nursery background after Toppo hakaided Freeza, what else? that pole at the center where Goku showcased MUI's power against Jiren, the burnt stage after Jiren goes mental, and the final stage when Freeza and Goku fought together.
I believe the TOP stage deserves a really good treatment from the designers.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:25 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
I don't know if they can add a stage by a DLC patch, but I think they will not do that. I think they'll probably save that for XV3. IMO, the TOP Stage should have a few skins, Early ToP with everything clean and kneat with explosions on the background, Sort of shattered mountains and dark background with Genki Dama's crater on it, Green background and mountains where Goku fought Kefla, Star nursery background after Toppo hakaided Freeza, what else? that pole at the center where Goku showcased MUI's power against Jiren, the burnt stage after Jiren goes mental, and the final stage when Freeza and Goku fought together.
I wonder if they would treat the no-fly zone rule with respect

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:33 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Koitsukai wrote:
I wonder if they would treat the no-fly zone rule with respect
The T.o.P stage has been confirmed for this dlc
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:35 pm

The S wrote:
GTx10 wrote:
Oh um... movie primiered, summary is out.
He is indeed in

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:12 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Looks like the V Jump scan is going to be formally announcing Broly. My guess is they're going to wait until December to announce Gogeta, then we'll get a January/February release

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/dragon-ball ... -announced
With the DLC coming alongside an update that adds Santa clothing we might get it in December.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:40 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
The S wrote:
GTx10 wrote:
Oh um... movie primiered, summary is out.
He is indeed in
I didn't realize I slept into December.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!