"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Ok, how about a little exercise: Create your Own Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3 Roster!!

Rules:

1.Rules are that you can only go up too 15 characters since the base game of Xenoverse 2 only added 14 new characters with actually unique strings (playable and non-playable) and you have one pre-order bonus character space so 15 in all.

2. The limit is 15 so you can have your expectations low so if there are more, you will be blown maybe, or if there is an underwhelming amount, you’ll be ready for impact.

I am fully aware the the roster will probably increase more since they have more development time and I hope it actually does increase more.

My Roster:

Mechikabura
Fuu
Demon God Towa
Makyouka Demigra
Dark Masked King
SSJ4 Time Breaker Broly
Ribrianne
Ganos
Kale
Caulifla
Kafla
Maji Kayo or U3 Megazord
Basil
Obuni or Android 21 or Master Roshi
Damon/Gamisaras

That is my list assuming that in DLC 6 we do get Toppo, Jiren, and UI Goku.
Damon/Gamisaras means that if they fight the same and have the same attacks and abilities, they could work like the saibaman who have different presets with different characters with different names but still taking up only one slot. One preset would be Damon while another would be Gamisaras.

This list was kinda hard considering the cuts I had to make.

What about your choices?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 pm

I think something like this would be more logical in the XV3 wishlist thread....
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:33 pm

The S wrote:I think something like this would be more logical in the XV3 wishlist thread....
Good idea
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:03 pm

I refuse to make a wishlist for XV3 until this arc is over and XV2 is done with DLC.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 pm

i guess i will start playing again.
this db heroes mode looks like something to spend a lot of hours on.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:38 pm

The game has shipped 400.000 copies on the switch so this is great for the franchise's future. Hopefully we hear something about XV3 next year.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:43 pm

sintzu wrote:The game has shipped 400.000 copies on the switch so this is great for the franchise's future. Hopefully we hear something about XV3 next year.
It is not a matter of 'if', but of 'when'.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:It is not a matter of 'if', but of 'when'.
With Dimps' schedule of releasing at least one game a year, they have until at least 2019 to develop the next installment, and between the upcoming DLC packs and DB FighterZ, I'm hopeful that they'll use that time to its fullest capacity. Though, of course, this is Dimps, who makes some of the oddest decisions (such as forcing every additional CAC in the game to start over nearly from scratch, or giving the Supervillain variations of characters their own roster slot, and so on), so it's entirely possible they could end up releasing earlier than most of us anticipate or something like that.

They do seem to be listening to feedback/requests to some extent, what with the fourth DLC pack being mostly comprised of characters "missing" from the base game, so I'm a lot more expectant that they'll use their time well than I would be if this were going from XV1 to 2.

(I guess I'm basically repeating what everyone's already said, but... ah, whatever. :P)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:It is not a matter of 'if', but of 'when'.
With Dimps' schedule of releasing at least one game a year, they have until at least 2019 to develop the next installment, and between the upcoming DLC packs and DB FighterZ, I'm hopeful that they'll use that time to its fullest capacity. Though, of course, this is Dimps, who makes some of the oddest decisions (such as forcing every additional CAC in the game to start over nearly from scratch, or giving the Supervillain variations of characters their own roster slot, and so on), so it's entirely possible they could end up releasing earlier than most of us anticipate or something like that.

They do seem to be listening to feedback/requests to some extent, what with the fourth DLC pack being mostly comprised of characters "missing" from the base game, so I'm a lot more expectant that they'll use their time well than I would be if this were going from XV1 to 2.

(I guess I'm basically repeating what everyone's already said, but... ah, whatever. :P)
I don't know much of the legal stuff behind Dragon Ball games, but I thought it was more like Assassin's creed where until special cirmustances Bandai were contratually obligated to release some sort of Dragon Ball game every year.

What we do know:
We are getting a XV3 (With, if I'm remembering the interview correctly, Bandai hoping it'll go on for more)
DIMPs have said that they are getting more game development time for XV3

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Kanassa wrote: I don't know much of the legal stuff behind Dragon Ball games, but I thought it was more like Assassin's creed where until special cirmustances Bandai were contratually obligated to release some sort of Dragon Ball game every year.
That was what I understood from somewhere on this forum, yes. I just didn't want to assume because I've never seen it reported anywhere (certainly not on Kanzenshuu itself!) :P
Well, this boosts my confidence a lot. Hopefully a 2019 window (if that ends up being the case) will give more than enough time to make fixes to the netcode and such.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Well, this boosts my confidence a lot. Hopefully a 2019 window (if that ends up being the case) will give more than enough time to make fixes to the netcode and such.
If DIMPs are lucky, another Dragon Ball game could be developed for that year and give them more time. Though, I doubt Bandai would like to wait too long before releasing another Xenoverse game, since from what I understand Xenoverse was the best selling Dragon Ball game so far, only being surpassed in sales by it's sequel.

Kanassa wrote:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:26 am

Fb page has posted about a new raid that will be against purple arm merged zamasu.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 am

Ok, I'll bite. When was "James Marsters is the voice of Zamasu" debunked?
I remember everyone talking about it and now the sources like BTVA have scrubbed it.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:52 am

I don't remember that being on BTVA at all.
nato25 wrote:Fb page has posted about a new raid that will be against purple arm merged zamasu.
Yeah that was in the stream last week.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 am

Kanassa wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
If DIMPs are lucky, another Dragon Ball game could be developed for that year and give them more time. Though, I doubt Bandai would like to wait too long before releasing another Xenoverse game, since from what I understand Xenoverse was the best selling Dragon Ball game so far, only being surpassed in sales by it's sequel.
You'd think surely Fighterz would be enough to last for the entirety of the year with DLC and it's popularity (provided it doesn't take any popularity missteps like it seems to have with the latest announcements)

I think work on XV3 has definitely begun and I foresee an early 2019 release (possibly January or December 2018). I also think that all the DLC we are getting for XV2 now is just stuff that is completed in production for XV3 and they are just giving it to use in XV2 because that can and it's an easy way to make money.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:09 am

nato25 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
You'd think surely Fighterz would be enough to last for the entirety of the year with DLC and it's popularity (provided it doesn't take any popularity missteps like it seems to have with the latest announcements)

I think work on XV3 has definitely begun and I foresee an early 2019 release (possibly January or December 2018). I also think that all the DLC we are getting for XV2 now is just stuff that is completed in production for XV3 and they are just giving it to use in XV2 because that can and it's an easy way to make money.
Fighting games like the 2D glory day ones are a bit of a niche market these days it seems.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:15 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
nato25 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: If DIMPs are lucky, another Dragon Ball game could be developed for that year and give them more time. Though, I doubt Bandai would like to wait too long before releasing another Xenoverse game, since from what I understand Xenoverse was the best selling Dragon Ball game so far, only being surpassed in sales by it's sequel.

Fighting games like the 2D glory day ones are a bit of a niche market these days it seems.
Id agree with that, but i also think figterz is dbz's best chance at hitting the main stream market which will obviously boost sales. If Fighterz turns out to be a success we could be entering a 2nd/3rd (depending how you look at it) golden age of dbz gaming!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Hey chaps and chappettes,

I'm making a Xenoverse Strength Checker! Because I'm a nerd and I'm bored.

Couple of questions,

1. How many types of villainous power ups/mind control are there? :

In XV2 Towa enhances villains like Raditz but she also has another kind of power up on people like Broly and Janemba, where they have that time breaker symbol on them and go a lot darker? There's also the fruit but that just seems like a greater than the sum of the parts kind of deal of the fruits normal job and her other power up...

In XV1 IIRC there was a Towa power up and a really powerful Demigra power up like that last time you fight Trunks?

Additionally she seems to convince some people like Turles and Slug and others she has to use mind control on brutes like Broly and Janemba and strong willed people like Bardock. Is this a separate process to the power up? It sounds like she experiments on people to increase their potential, or repeated power ups accidentally have that effect on Bardock for example....

How do you see it?

2. Is Chronoa as the Kaioshin of Time's real name a Toriyama invention or just a DBheroes one?

Thanks.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:14 pm

TobyS wrote:Hey chaps and chappettes,

Couple of questions,

In XV2 Towa enhances villains like Raditz but she also has another kind of power up on people like Broly and Janemba, where they have that time breaker symbol on them and go a lot darker? There's also the fruit but that just seems like a greater than the sum of the parts kind of deal of the fruits normal job and her other power up...

In XV1 IIRC there was a Towa power up and a really powerful Demigra power up like that last time you fight Trunks?

Additionally she seems to convince some people like Turles and Slug and others she has to use mind control on brutes like Broly and Janemba and strong willed people like Bardock. Is this a separate process to the power up? It sounds like she experiments on people to increase their potential, or repeated power ups accidentally have that effect on Bardock for example....

How do you see it?

2. Is Chronoa as the Kaioshin of Time's real name a Toriyama invention or just a DBheroes one?

Thanks.
To answer chronoa, she was also called that in her role in dragon ball online where she is mentioned original, but she shows up in xenoverse physically

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:50 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
TobyS wrote:Hey chaps and chappettes,

Couple of questions,

How do you see it?

Thanks.
To answer chronoa, she was also called that in her role in dragon ball online where she is mentioned original, but she shows up in xenoverse physically
The fact that dimps took a name from Online and made the original character gives me hope that they will take Fuu and his concept and use to to their advantage. Maybe, create a Future Fuu where he is a young adult instead of a baby