"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Grimlock wrote:The Heroes manga is its own thing. We shouldn't and it's not meant to take it serious. When it comes to "serious business", we should look at Dragon Ball Online.
Well they're all their own continuity based on the same thing. As far as I know this manga was the only one that specified when he became a Time Patroller.
He doesn't use Super Saiyan 2 in Xenoverse, but he probably has it since he's a Trunks from after Future Trunks saga.
So that's something of a continuity problem really.

Plus he also has the sword in that game even though it broke during the fight with Zamasu. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be the same sword or not though.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Bullza wrote:Well they're all their own continuity based on the same thing. As far as I know this manga was the only one that specified when he became a Time Patroller.
Except Dragon Ball Online, which follows the closely Toriyama's manga. But yeah, only Heroes manga seems to state when he became, but as I said, Dragon Ball Online didn't state it.
Bullza wrote:So that's something of a continuity problem really.
I wouldn't think that just because he was never seen using Super Saiyan 2. The only time Trunks transforms to fight Mira was in XV1, even so, the game came out before we all knew he had Super Saiyan 2.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Bullza wrote:Well they're all their own continuity based on the same thing. As far as I know this manga was the only one that specified when he became a Time Patroller.
Except Dragon Ball Online, which follows the closely Toriyama's manga. But yeah, only Heroes manga seems to state when he became, but as I said, Dragon Ball Online didn't state it.
DBO isn't exempt. It's still it's own continuity like all the other Time Patrol adaptations. (Especially now with Super.)

That said, DBO's Time Patrol Trunks is from shortly after the Cell Arc. I don't remember it ever being mentioned in the material itself (namely because there was a huge language barrier for most of us back when the game was alive), but the developers confirmed it in interviews during the game's press junkets between reveal and release.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:01 pm

I think this series is taking notes from both Heroes and Online, otherwise Time Patrol Trunks would be considered an original incarnation of character, along with a few other items and some parts of the story. For example, the final battle of XV2, where I believe that Supervillain Mira was supposed to be either Runaway Mira or Super Mira. I think the reason why they didn't put the forms in is because they started developing this game a little too soon after the first one.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am

I hope we get Time Breaker armour one day, it's so badass
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:DBO isn't exempt. It's still it's own continuity like all the other Time Patrol adaptations. (Especially now with Super.)

That said, DBO's Time Patrol Trunks is from shortly after the Cell Arc. I don't remember it ever being mentioned in the material itself (namely because there was a huge language barrier for most of us back when the game was alive), but the developers confirmed it in interviews during the game's press junkets between reveal and release.
Do you have access to these interviews?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 am

Anyone else hoping we get baby vegeta

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Grimlock wrote:Do you have access to these interviews?
Almost all of them with anything worth reading were on Korean sites that no longer exist and weren't archived.

There honestly wasn't very much for in-universe material that we didn't already know about from the game itself when I did my research into them (years ago at this point). Just the confirmation that Trunks was from shortly after the last time we see him in the Cell Arc, was working as a Time Patroller for the Time Kaioshin and speculation on what characters might still be alive (though we eventually ended up seeing all of the ones mentioned pop up in the game or game files, except #18).

The out of universe stuff is all pretty common knowledge at this point too. That they had the rights to the manga, Toriyama has to sign off on everything, and that Torishima confirmed Toriyama worked on designs for the game for over 5 years.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Why not label the Xenoverse series as yet another branch in the tree of time that Trunks planted? Makes sense.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Time Patrol Trunks could just be taking credit for the fact that he and future Trunks are the same person. We could never meet our alternative selves but if we could and our alt self did something you would likely apologize even if it wasn't directly you.

The way I see it Xenoverse Trunks and Super Trunks went through the same events up till Trunks beats Cell. Its also why their hair color is different.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:50 pm

So, no Xenoverse info on V-Jump?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 pm

So uh, quick question for anyone who has every skill in the game (or at least knows them). I'm looking at my overall skill list and seeing how many I have missing (27), and comparing it to ones I have to wish for yet (Flash Fist Crush, Ice Claw, Minus Energy Ball, & Dragon Flash Bullet, bringing it down to 23), and what ones I need to get from PQ's yet (Super Black Kamehameha Rose & Holy Wrath, bringing it down to 21)...are there really 21 freakin' skills I can only get from the TP shop?! .__o
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So uh, quick question for anyone who has every skill in the game (or at least knows them). I'm looking at my overall skill list and seeing how many I have missing (27), and comparing it to ones I have to wish for yet (Flash Fist Crush, Ice Claw, Minus Energy Ball, & Dragon Flash Bullet, bringing it down to 23), and what ones I need to get from PQ's yet (Super Black Kamehameha Rose & Holy Wrath, bringing it down to 21)...are there really 21 freakin' skills I can only get from the TP shop?! .__o
There's only 21? Wow. I thought for sure there was more than that when I bought them all.

Also, you didn't mention the Expert Missions. DId you get all of the skills from those? There's like 19 of them now what with the addition of the Broly and Janemba EMs.

Also, I'm not sure if there's a way to get them otherwise, but when you create characters, selecting physical, ranged or mixed preference gives different skills. Creating a physical character was how I got my hands on Meteor Crash.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:04 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Expert Missions! There's only one I need to get from there though (the one you get from one of the very last ones against Broly). So I guess there's 20 left for me then?

Oh, and there would have been more total in the TP shop now that I think about it, cuz I did already buy 4 or 5 of them. I still wasn't expecting there to be that many left though.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Had a half assed crack at that universe/timeline chart...

https://app.box.com/s/yw4zx20jk54ffbpo2j08jpv2d35993g1

Weirdly DB super created a Xenoverse plothole when they showed Trunks killing Dabura (the trigger for Towa to start scheming), why wasn't she in XV1/2?

But then they fixed it by having all of Trunks timeline wiped out.

Unintentional I'm sure but kinda neat eh?

Still a lot of Towas and Zamasus out there the game could use!
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:09 pm

TobyS wrote:Had a half assed crack at that universe/timeline chart...

https://app.box.com/s/yw4zx20jk54ffbpo2j08jpv2d35993g1

Weirdly DB super created a Xenoverse plothole when they showed Trunks killing Dabura (the trigger for Towa to start scheming), why wasn't she in XV1/2?

But then they fixed it by having all of Trunks timeline wiped out.

Unintentional I'm sure but kinda neat eh?

Still a lot of Towas and Zamasus out there the game could use!
I wonder that if Dabura is added, he'll be the one who fought Trunks.

Kanassa wrote:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Kanassa wrote: I wonder that if Dabura is added, he'll be the one who fought Trunks.

Hmm maybe but why would "our" Towa rescue/revive "Trunks's" Dabura and not her own?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:56 pm

TobyS wrote:
Kanassa wrote: I wonder that if Dabura is added, he'll be the one who fought Trunks.

Hmm maybe but why would "our" Towa rescue/revive "Trunks's" Dabura and not her own?
Because if she's gonna get a version of Dabura, best be the one that's possibly more powerful and has more reason to hate Trunks in particular.

Kanassa wrote:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Alright, the skills I'm missing are in too many different places to snap pictures for, but I will go ahead and do a list here, if anyone would be so kind as to identify what skills they are and where I can get them.

Skills I Need
[spoiler]Super Attacks
Strike Skills
1) 1 between 'God of Destruction's Rampage' and 'Dynamite Kick'
2) 1 between 'Final Blow' and 'Emperor's Edge'
3-4) 2 between 'Critical Upper' and 'Time Skip/Flash Skewer'
5-7) 3 between 'God of Destruction's Roar' and 'Kamehameha'

Ki Blasts
8-12) 5 between 'Freezing Beam' and 'Big Bang Kamehameha'
13) 1 between 'Counter Burst' and 'Tail Slicer'
14-16) 3 between 'Dodoria Beam' and 'Destruction's Concerto: Comet'
17) 1 between 'Destruction's Concerto: Meteor' and 'Reverse Launcher'
18) 1 between 'Blades of Judgement' and 'Lightning of Absolution'

Ultimate Attacks
Strike Skills
19-23) 5 between 'Time Skip/Molotov' and 'Super Kamehameha'

Ki Blasts
24) 1 between 'Final Explosion' and 'Ultra Fighting Bomber'
25) 1 between 'Ice Cannon' and 'x100 Big Bang Kamehameha'
26) 1 between 'One-Handed Kamehameha mk.II' and 'Meteor Burst'
27) 1 between 'Mystic Flash' and 'Requiem of Destruction'
28) 1 between 'God of Destruction's Menace' and 'Grand Smasher'[/spoiler]

Out of those 28 though, there's a few that I do already know what they are and where to get them.

1) Super Black Kamehameha Rose (PQ 109)
2) Holy Wrath (PQ 111)
3) Flash Fist Crush (Dragon Ball Wish)
4) Ice Claw (Dragon Ball Wish)
5) Minus Energy Ball (Dragon Ball Wish)
6) Dragon Flash Bullet (Dragon Ball Wish)
7) Focus Flash (Expert Mission 18)

So yeah, that's 21 skills that I'm unaware of then. Any help on if they're all TP shop ones and what prices they'll come for would be greatly appreciated.
Twitter

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:19 pm

It should be Xeno Dabura, that way they can set up the next chapter of the demon realm saga if they wanted.