"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:11 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm fine with no base form, especially in a game where the ally AI never uses awoken skills.
I'm hoping that's something they fix in the next game. It's kinda stupid that the only time the AI transforms is when the story scripts it to happen.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:She'll have none.
Xenoverse 2 sucks from that point of view.
It does not though, there are a lot of dialogues in the game.
BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm fine with no base form, especially in a game where the ally AI never uses awoken skills.
Yeah, that is terrible. I would like to face someone and they transform right in my face, so that I get to transform too and heat up the fight. :P
sunsetshimmer wrote:Although i don't think anyone really need her base form. One form is enough. For a character that wasn't even main antagonist there is no reason for her to have more forms.
I need, I like to transform during the battles. And characters don't need to be the main antagonists to have more forms. :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:25 pm

sintzu wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I'm guessing this has zero transformations.
She'll probably have Ssj2 like Cell arc Gohan.
I doubt it, honestly.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Yeah, i really want base forms too ...

So only 2 characters in this DLC? Not so good for me.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Gt91 wrote:Yeah, i really want base forms too ...

So only 2 characters in this DLC? Not so good for me.
Did they say that this was definitely all we were getting, or are they just slowly trickling in new information? Don't forget we also get a free update to go along with the DLC. Who knows how much we're getting? Only thing I'm fairly certain on is that we will get no new stories. Parallel quests, yes, but no main quests. If they're holding to their usual pattern, the next even numbered DLC will have a story.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:32 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:If they did that we'd have fewer characters in XV3. The DLC for XV2 is budgeted separately from XV3, so this means they can have even more characters in the next game.
It's not like there will be any shortage of content for the base game of XV3 or its DLC.
I'd have been fine with that because there's enough characters as it is, most people only ever really play with a handful anyway.

But it would have meant Xenoverse 3 would have revolved fully around Super by having the Universe 6, Future Trunks and Universe Survival Sagas in one complete game for the first time.

Instead we have an incomplete version that's available as DLC. There was no Magetta or Botamo, there was no Super Saiyan Rage Trunks and there's no Tournament of Power but we have the characters from it anyway.

The DLC should have added the movies and the movie characters and all the Super stuff would have been the main draw for Xenoverse 3.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Even though I don't play this game, I'm glad Kefla finally made her way into this. There have been a lot of people asking for the girls in one way or another.
Meanwhile in DB FighterZ we get Base Goku /Vegeta... :(
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Bullza wrote:But it would have meant Xenoverse 3 would have revolved fully around Super by having the Universe 6, Future Trunks and Universe Survival Sagas in one complete game for the first time.

Instead we have an incomplete version that's available as DLC. There was no Magetta or Botamo, there was no Super Saiyan Rage Trunks and there's no Tournament of Power but we have the characters from it anyway.

The DLC should have added the movies and the movie characters and all the Super stuff would have been the main draw for Xenoverse 3.
Well, I still want Xenoverse 3 to revolve around OG Dragon Ball.
Caulifla best girl! :)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:11 pm

OH YES. One of my top 3 favorite characters introduced into Super. The model’s lookin nice. One fear i have is that the attack where she rams someone and then stumbles looks like it can end up being a copy of Dodoria headbut. I hope she has SSJ2 as a transformation. And we need a stage!
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:27 pm

A weird thing about the ToP stage (in mods, of course) is that it looks small, awful and nothing like the real thing.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 pm

I hope she has something like Pure Progress or SSJ2 (or Strengthened SSJ2)

Her moves look like
-Final Weapon
-Final Weapon Enhanced Gigantic Blast
- something that looks like Ki Punch Charge
- something that looks like a Kiai (Shockwave) Version of Super God Fist

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Did they say that this was definitely all we were getting, or are they just slowly trickling in new information? Don't forget we also get a free update to go along with the DLC. Who knows how much we're getting? Only thing I'm fairly certain on is that we will get no new stories. Parallel quests, yes, but no main quests. If they're holding to their usual pattern, the next even numbered DLC will have a story.
They have not said, no, but I'm assuming it's just these two and the pack will release at the end of the month. We'll probably get a few more packs.
Bullza wrote: I'd have been fine with that because there's enough characters as it is, most people only ever really play with a handful anyway.

But it would have meant Xenoverse 3 would have revolved fully around Super by having the Universe 6, Future Trunks and Universe Survival Sagas in one complete game for the first time.

The DLC makes it far more likely that the Super arcs will be as filled out as possible in XV3.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Gotta say not impressed with Kefla's model and her ultimate attack (the red green double beam that Goku jumped over) especially looks weak. Guess they couldn't handle making a layered coloured beam lol.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 pm

nato25 wrote:Gotta say not impressed with Kefla's model and her ultimate attack (the red green double beam that Goku jumped over) especially looks weak. Guess they couldn't handle making a layered coloured beam lol.
Huh? Her model is pretty much 100% accurate and the blast looks just like it did in the show...

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:04 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:The DLC makes it far more likely that the Super arcs will be as filled out as possible in XV3.
That would risk being like Xenoverse 2 though where most of its story was recycled from the original. If they already covered it once it shouldn't be done again.

If anything they're lucky the Universe Survival Saga has so many fights because there's a story's worth just from that and this upcoming movie if they get that far.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:23 pm

So hyped for Kefla! Hope we get her outfit too!

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:09 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
nato25 wrote:Gotta say not impressed with Kefla's model and her ultimate attack (the red green double beam that Goku jumped over) especially looks weak. Guess they couldn't handle making a layered coloured beam lol.
Huh? Her model is pretty much 100% accurate and the blast looks just like it did in the show...
Xenoverses models all look a little off for the most part (Goku and Goten are great examples). Kefla is no different so I don't mind too much. And the beam in the show is so vibrant and unique. This looks like a watered down, transparent muddled mess. It's a very poor recreation of it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:23 pm

nato25 wrote: Xenoverses models all look a little off for the most part (Goku and Goten are great examples). Kefla is no different so I don't mind too much. And the beam in the show is so vibrant and unique. This looks like a watered down, transparent muddled mess. It's a very poor recreation of it.
You're looking at a low quality scan.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Man, definitely not getting this DLC 'til LATE August.

Excited for Baby and Kefla though. Please DIMPS, give Vegeta/Broly some of the former/latter moves for customization though.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Translated scan

I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"