"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:06 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: To complete at least the top tier T.o.P characters, they would need to make Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, Caulifla, and Kale. For the Broly movie, since Gogeta and Broly are already confirmed, Paragus, Super Saiyan God Vegeta, aaaaaaand thats it.

As for missing characaters, i’d say only Pikkon and Majuub are left. No one else is really needed.
We're getting Lssj Broly in the DLC so they'll probably give him his base and regular Ssj form. We'll probably get Vegeta's evolved Blue form as well as his Ssjg one.

From Z there's roughly 10 characters left to add in :

Zarbon's transformation
Freeza's 2nd and 3rd forms
Mecha Freeza
Android 19
Dr. Gero
Semi Perfect Cell
Buutenks
Android 13 and Bojack's transformations
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Well in my opinion,

GT has 3 possible remaining characters to make playable

Majuub
Rildo
Oceanus

While Rage & Naturon can be giant bosses

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:18 pm

ZeroDio wrote:Well in my opinion,

Majuub
Rildo
Oceanus

You can add adult Goten and Gotenks to that. Baby himself has never been playable so that's another one.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: I have yet to play this mission but one would assume Baby only says that because he cannot sense God Ki.
maybe .. apparently baby can not control the god ki or "gods" just like demigra

Multiverse Match of the Century
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sic3vCR4ASo&t=351s
Well that's not surprising, God's don't get parasites.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:40 pm

This page is Dabura's favorite.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:44 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: To complete at least the top tier T.o.P characters, they would need to make Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, Caulifla, and Kale. For the Broly movie, since Gogeta and Broly are already confirmed, Paragus, Super Saiyan God Vegeta, aaaaaaand thats it.

As for missing characaters, i’d say only Pikkon and Majuub are left. No one else is really needed.
We're getting Lssj Broly in the DLC so they'll probably give him his base and regular Ssj form. We'll probably get Vegeta's evolved Blue form as well as his Ssjg one.

From Z there's roughly 10 characters left to add in :

Zarbon's transformation
Freeza's 2nd and 3rd forms
Mecha Freeza
Android 19
Dr. Gero
Semi Perfect Cell
Buutenks
Android 13 and Bojack's transformations
Nothing confirmed that we are getting just the LSSJ version. In fact, judging by how Broly is labeled as TM1, it seems as if we’re getting his base form with his LSSJ as a transformation
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:24 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:To complete at least the top tier T.o.P characters, they would need to make Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, Caulifla, and Kale. For the Broly movie, since Gogeta and Broly are already confirmed, Paragus, Super Saiyan God Vegeta, aaaaaaand thats it.

The new characters from Dragon Ball Legends are likely to appear in XV3, since Legends uses XV assets. That'd include Mercenary Tao, Chiaotzu, Pikkon (referred to as Paikuhan for some reason), Second Form Frieza, Third Form Frieza, Android 19, Android 20, and Second Form Cell.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:03 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:To complete at least the top tier T.o.P characters, they would need to make Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, Caulifla, and Kale. For the Broly movie, since Gogeta and Broly are already confirmed, Paragus, Super Saiyan God Vegeta, aaaaaaand thats it.

The new characters from Dragon Ball Legends are likely to appear in XV3, since Legends uses XV assets. That'd include Mercenary Tao, Chiaotzu, Pikkon (referred to as Paikuhan for some reason), Second Form Frieza, Third Form Frieza, Android 19, Android 20, and Second Form Cell.
Probably just an oversight regarding Paikuhan. Dokkan Battle repeatedly refers to Coola as "Coora" despite his FUNI name being Cooler.
Then again, this most recent XV2 patch changed Majin Vegeta to Prince of Destruction, so maybe they're slowly getting around to just using the Japanese terms (I doubt that, though).

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:13 am

Nia wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

Probably just an oversight regarding Paikuhan. Dokkan Battle repeatedly refers to Coola as "Coora" despite his FUNI name being Cooler.
Then again, this most recent XV2 patch changed Majin Vegeta to Prince of Destruction, so maybe they're slowly getting around to just using the Japanese terms (I doubt that, though).
Prince of Destruction does have a better ring to it than Majin does.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:55 am

For XV3 I would like every form of Vegeta from the Cell arc and the Broly looking Trunks.

And to be able to start as SS and not in base form.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:16 am

If the discussion is on, here's who I would like XV3's new characters to be:

Dragon Ball
Kid Goku, Muten Roshi, Chaotzu, Tao Pai Pai, Chi Chi, Piccolo Daimao.

Dragon Ball Z
Monster Zarbon, Freeza's 2nd and 3rd forms, Mecha Freeza, Android 19, Dr Gero, Buff Trunks, Pikkon, Buutenks, Uub.

Dragon Ball GT
Ledgic, General Rildo, Majuub, Oceanus Shenron.

Dragon Ball Super
Super Saiyan God Vegeta, Super Saiyan Rage Trunks; Bergamo, Lavenda and Basil; Ribrianne, Rosie and Kakunsa; Dyspo, Toppo and Khaseral; Kale, Berserk Kale, Caulifla, Saonel and Pirina; Ganos, Obuni and Katopesla; Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta and Ultra Instinct Omen Goku.

Dragon Ball movies
Garlic Jr, False Super Saiyan Goku, Super Android 13, Base Broly (with SSJ Transformation), Full Power Bojack, Hatchiyack, Rage Broly (Super), Super Saiyan Broly (Super).

New giant bosses: Great Ape Goku, Giant Piccolo, Dr Wheelo, Giant Slug, Meta Cooler Core, Hirudegarn, Luud, Naturon Shenron, Rage Shenron, Haze Shenron, Giant Bergamo, Giant Ribrianne and Aniraza.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:10 am

Draconic wrote: New giant bosses: Great Ape Goku, Giant Piccolo, Dr Wheelo, Giant Slug, Meta Cooler Core, Hirudegarn, Luud, Naturon Shenron, Rage Shenron, Haze Shenron, Giant Bergamo, Giant Ribrianne and Aniraza.

This.
We need new giants and new boss battles.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:39 am

Just so everyone knows, it hasn’t been confirmed that Xenoverse will be coming in 2020. Infact, its actually looking less likely when you take into consideration Bandai’s investor reports.

On said reports, the mention 3 games to come. This is from October 2017. As of now, one of the games was Dragon Ball Legends, one is still unknown, and another one is “not a fighter”. For the 3rd game, i gathered all the info i could and am pretty happy with the conclusion so if you want, I can link that info. Long story short, it seems as if instead of 2019, the db game thats “not a fighter” is slated for 2020 (the year people thought XV3 would be). This leads my friends and i to believe that the official DB game of 2019 is the DBFighterZ for the Switch as it qualifies since it came out in the fiscal year of 2019.

So if the db “not a fighter” game is 2020 and the last game is unknown, where’s XV3? The other working theory is that the unknown game is XV3. This could very well mean we aren’t seeing a 2020 but a 2021 release for XV3.

Info on everything else: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42686&p=1534455#p1534455
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:18 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Just so everyone knows, it hasn’t been confirmed that Xenoverse will be coming in 2020. Infact, its actually looking less likely when you take into consideration Bandai’s investor reports.

On said reports, the mention 3 games to come. This is from October 2017. As of now, one of the games was Dragon Ball Legends, one is still unknown, and another one is “not a fighter”. For the 3rd game, i gathered all the info i could and am pretty happy with the conclusion so if you want, I can link that info. Long story short, it seems as if instead of 2019, the db game thats “not a fighter” is slated for 2020 (the year people thought XV3 would be). This leads my friends and i to believe that the official DB game of 2019 is the DBFighterZ for the Switch as it qualifies since it came out in the fiscal year of 2019.

So if the db “not a fighter” game is 2020 and the last game is unknown, where’s XV3? The other working theory is that the unknown game is XV3. This could very well mean we aren’t seeing a 2020 but a 2021 release for XV3.

As long as it's not 2019, I'm happy.

THough, I thought ports didn't count for Bandai in terms of 'DB Game for the year'
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:25 am

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Just so everyone knows, it hasn’t been confirmed that Xenoverse will be coming in 2020. Infact, its actually looking less likely when you take into consideration Bandai’s investor reports.

As long as it's not 2019, I'm happy.

THough, I thought ports didn't count for Bandai in terms of 'DB Game for the year'
I thought the same but apparently i was wrong. And yeah, if XV3 really is coming in 2021, that means it will be available for next gen consoles the Xbox Scarlett and PS5 (Erebus) since those are rumored to come in 2020.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:47 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:If XV3 really is coming in 2021, that means it will be available for next gen consoles the Xbox Scarlett and PS5 (Erebus) since those are rumored to come in 2020.
2021 makes sense as they currently don't have any big name characters to push so if they're waiting for Super to return and bring with it new and big stories then they'll have something worth fans' time and $$$.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:50 am

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:If XV3 really is coming in 2021, that means it will be available for next gen consoles the Xbox Scarlett and PS5 (Erebus) since those are rumored to come in 2020.
2021 makes sense as they currently don't have any big name characters to push so if they're waiting for Super to return and bring with it new and big stories then they'll have something worth fans' time and $$$.
Definitely. Just thinking about how good XV3 will be can hold me over for the wait but getting an arpg open world game for dragon ball in the mean time? Time will fly quick as heck and before you know it, XV3 will make its glorious debut

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:59 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Definitely. Just thinking about how good XV3 will be can hold me over for the wait but getting an arpg open world game for dragon ball in the mean time? Time will fly quick as heck and before you know it, XV3 will make its glorious debut
Someone here a few months ago talked about a potential game by CyberConnect2 so if that's what they're really working on then we're in for an amazing game. From XV to Fighterz and potentially something from CC2, We're really lucky to be getting all these great DB games as this is by far DB's best gaming era.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:15 pm

A game by Cyber Connect2 will look beautiful but none of that will matter if the Story Mode were to be just the same old nonsense that have been since the beginning of time, with it being from Raditz to Buu.

We and the games themselves don't need that anymore, it has to have its own story. If Cyber Connect2 manages to come up with an original story too, then we're talking.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:26 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:Well in my opinion,

Majuub
Rildo
Oceanus

You can add adult Goten and Gotenks to that. Baby himself has never been playable so that's another one.
Baby is actually playable in DB Fusions which is funny because Baby Vegeta isn't there.
Also he is playable in DBH of course but well, that's not surprising.
Draconic wrote:If the discussion is on, here's who I would like XV3's new characters to be:

Dragon Ball
Kid Goku, Muten Roshi, Chaotzu, Tao Pai Pai, Chi Chi, Piccolo Daimao.

Dragon Ball Z
Monster Zarbon, Freeza's 2nd and 3rd forms, Mecha Freeza, Android 19, Dr Gero, Buff Trunks, Pikkon, Buutenks, Uub.

Dragon Ball GT
Ledgic, General Rildo, Majuub, Oceanus Shenron.

Dragon Ball Super
Super Saiyan God Vegeta, Super Saiyan Rage Trunks; Bergamo, Lavenda and Basil; Ribrianne, Rosie and Kakunsa; Dyspo, Toppo and Khaseral; Kale, Berserk Kale, Caulifla, Saonel and Pirina; Ganos, Obuni and Katopesla; Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta and Ultra Instinct Omen Goku.

Dragon Ball movies
Garlic Jr, False Super Saiyan Goku, Super Android 13, Base Broly (with SSJ Transformation), Full Power Bojack, Hatchiyack, Rage Broly (Super), Super Saiyan Broly (Super).

New giant bosses: Great Ape Goku, Giant Piccolo, Dr Wheelo, Giant Slug, Meta Cooler Core, Hirudegarn, Luud, Naturon Shenron, Rage Shenron, Haze Shenron, Giant Bergamo, Giant Ribrianne and Aniraza.
All of DB characters you mentioned should already be in game
The same goes for Pikkon.

Ledgic isn't likely to appear. GT Vegeta in base/SSJ/SSJ2 forms is way more likely.
Majuub has big chance, Rildo and Oceanus could appear too, especially if they wanted to make more giant bossess and add other dragons as well.

Pseudo SSJ Goku didn't appear in ANY game as far as i know, not even in Heroes. I highly doubt they would add him considering existence of this form was just TOEI mistake. If they wanted to add it, they would already do it in XV2 with Slug.

Some of those Super characters have zero chance of appearing tbh.
Kale, Caulifla, Toppo, SSJ Anger Trunks and SSJBE Vegeta have very high chance of appearing.
Dyspo, Ribrianne and UI Omen are less likely imo but still have chance to appear
Other characters are completely irrelevant honestly and i doubt they would add them.
SSJG Vegeta might appear thanks to DBS Broly movie tho and probably will.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta