"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:12 am

sintzu wrote:
Draconic wrote:Finally he's here and it looks glorious! Sad they only revealed one new guy, though.
It's easy to build up hype by showing just one character as people will anticipate the next one like they did with fighterz so next month we'll get whoever else is part of this. Personally I think it'll be Uub.
I'm not sad because it's not creating hype, I'm sad because it means we probably won't get more than 4 or maybe 5 characters out of those latest/last batches of DLC.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:38 am

Draconic wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Draconic wrote:Finally he's here and it looks glorious! Sad they only revealed one new guy, though.
It's easy to build up hype by showing just one character as people will anticipate the next one like they did with fighterz so next month we'll get whoever else is part of this. Personally I think it'll be Uub.
I'm not sad because it's not creating hype, I'm sad because it means we probably won't get more than 4 or maybe 5 characters out of those latest/last batches of DLC.
That's not a bad number as we can get #19, gero, Uub & possibly paikhon alongside Baby.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 am

So, they finally realised that people want Baby? Let's hope they will add short story mode for it as well.
He looks awesome. In most mods he has shorter hair for some reason, like regular GT Vegeta. And he was also as short as Vegeta.
I hope they remember that Super Baby was a lot taller than Vegeta. It's weird seeing him so small even though name suggest it.

ALL SAIYANS MUST DIE
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:41 am

It's about time Baby Vegeta got in Xenoverse. He's one of the characters that should've been in as part of the GT DLC for XV1, but whatever. He's my favorite GT villain.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 am

EXBadguy wrote:It's about time Baby Vegeta got in Xenoverse. He's one of the characters that should've been in as part of the GT DLC for XV1, but whatever. He's my favorite GT villain.
Yeah, it sucks that Super 17 was actually in main game already since XV1, but no Baby even as DLC.
I guess that's because Baby existed as Great Ape boss which would be fine if we could play as bosses, but it ended up with Baby being non-playable enemy.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Baby finally made it in! Now I have a reason to jump back on XV2, its about time! Been waiting for this dude since XV1.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:30 pm

I'd be utterly surprised if we don't get at least a Parallel Quest that's Goku Black and Baby Vegeta teaming up together, probably with a pair of AI Goku and Vegeta's you'll have to keep alive. Maybe if they're feeling really ingenious with it, the Ultimate Finish can be Goku Black going Super Saiyan Rose and Baby Vegeta going Golden Oozaru, and your AI teammates becoming SS4 Goku and SSB Vegeta.

It also occurs to me that I'd be very surprised if Heroes didn't eventually give us some kind of Goku Black/Baby Vegeta fusion. Baby Vegito Black? In a Rose Oozaru form? It writes itself really. :P

In all seriousness, I'm really hoping that either General Rilldo or Uub (preferably before becoming Majuub if they can't make it a transformation or give us both forms) end up making the cut for this new wave of DLC as well.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Anyone else feel like people are hyping up the netcode fix too much? I’ve seen people complain about getting DLC saying that they should just focus on the netcode alone. My argument is that many people have left not just because of a bad netcode, but a lack of content to enjoy. Fixing an old game mode isn’t enough to bring that many people back who got tired of the game. It takes a joint effort from both new content and fixed modes. That way people will com back to enjoy a new character in an improved online mode.

And there are some people, me included, who don’t even care about netcode. I just want my new content. But if a better netcode brings more people back and the game is successful again, then I’d happily support getting a netcode fix.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'd be utterly surprised if we don't get at least a Parallel Quest that's Goku Black and Baby Vegeta teaming up together, probably with a pair of AI Goku and Vegeta's you'll have to keep alive. Maybe if they're feeling really ingenious with it, the Ultimate Finish can be Goku Black going Super Saiyan Rose and Baby Vegeta going Golden Oozaru, and your AI teammates becoming SS4 Goku and SSB Vegeta.

It also occurs to me that I'd be very surprised if Heroes didn't eventually give us some kind of Goku Black/Baby Vegeta fusion. Baby Vegito Black? In a Rose Oozaru form? It writes itself really. :P

In all seriousness, I'm really hoping that either General Rilldo or Uub (preferably before becoming Majuub if they can't make it a transformation or give us both forms) end up making the cut for this new wave of DLC as well.
That's a pretty good idea that made me think, did we ever see a fight against small and giant person at the same time? Like Goku Black and Golden Oozaru Baby? It would be nice to see a new pair of villains with one being normal size and other being giant. Such fight could be very good but also very hard to animate.

Majuub probably has better chance of appearing than regular Uub since he took part in Super 17 and Shadow Dragons arcs as well.
Rildo would be nice for sure but i can't see them putting him in story mode unless in Super 17 part of story when he escaped from hell.
Otherwise, fight with him would have to take place on new M-2 map and that is unlikely to happen since it would be only used once.

I wish we could get Oceanus Shenron in her hot form.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:58 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'd be utterly surprised if we don't get at least a Parallel Quest that's Goku Black and Baby Vegeta teaming up together, probably with a pair of AI Goku and Vegeta's you'll have to keep alive. Maybe if they're feeling really ingenious with it, the Ultimate Finish can be Goku Black going Super Saiyan Rose and Baby Vegeta going Golden Oozaru, and your AI teammates becoming SS4 Goku and SSB Vegeta.

That's a pretty good idea that made me think, did we ever see a fight against small and giant person at the same time? Like Goku Black and Golden Oozaru Baby? It would be nice to see a new pair of villains with one being normal size and other being giant. Such fight could be very good but also very hard to animate.

Majuub probably has better chance of appearing than regular Uub since he took part in Super 17 and Shadow Dragons arcs as well.
Rildo would be nice for sure but i can't see them putting him in story mode unless in Super 17 part of story when he escaped from hell.
Otherwise, fight with him would have to take place on new M-2 map and that is unlikely to happen since it would be only used once.

I wish we could get Oceanus Shenron in her hot form.
There's a PQ where you fight Super Oozaru Baby, Super 17 and Omega at the same time. That's the only one I recall, but I'm sure there are a few more. However against just two enemies I don't think there is anything like that.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Draconic wrote: There's a PQ where you fight Super Oozaru Baby, Super 17 and Omega at the same time. That's the only one I recall, but I'm sure there are a few more. However against just two enemies I don't think there is anything like that.
Yeah, but still - that's only in game. I wish we saw something like that in actual anime series or movie.
I think the closest thing we got was Hirudegarn and Hoi although Hoi wasn't really a fighter.
But the fast fight with one villain and avoiding giant villain at the same time would be dope.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm hoping that if we get story DLC, it'll just be more Infinite History missions, I could see them using Baby for that.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am

Why would Black ever team up with Baby?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:29 am

Zamasu55 wrote:

Why would Black ever team up with Baby?
Use him as a pawn to whipe out the saiyans, given both think badly of goku's race.

I mean black would no doubt kill Baby afterwards when his use ran out. Or perhaps Zamasu would try to fuse then to get a Vegito Black?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:53 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Why would Black ever team up with Baby?
Use him as a pawn to whipe out the saiyans, given both think badly of goku's race.

I mean black would no doubt kill Baby afterwards when his use ran out. Or perhaps Zamasu would try to fuse then to get a Vegito Black?
Exactly. There are a plethora of reasons that are valid enough that they could come up with, especially if it was just for a PQ rather than full-on story content. And again, it just feels like something either this or Heroes would totally do as well, throw the evil, possessed Goku and the evil, possessed Vegeta together for a mission.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 am

Finally! Had no interest in this new DLC but now I may reconsider.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am

so given he seems to be able to become his ape form, what could this mean for new forms for other characters?

I wonder who else we could get? I mean I expect JIren's final form to be in as an obvious one but if its going in fours...

enhanced blue vegeta and some other long desired fighter? Kefla?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:21 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:so given he seems to be able to become his ape form, what could this mean for new forms for other characters?

I wonder who else we could get? I mean I expect JIren's final form to be in as an obvious one but if its going in fours...

If we're getting 2 characters per set I think we'll get Uub alongside Baby and the 2nd pack either being android 19 and Gero or Kefla and Toppo. I don't think 4 per set is likely but I'd love for that to be the case as not only will we most likely get the characters I mentioned but we could also get some of the missing forms and possibly the new movie's villain.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am

sintzu wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:so given he seems to be able to become his ape form, what could this mean for new forms for other characters?

If we're getting 2 characters per set I think we'll get Uub alongside Baby and the 2nd pack either being android 19 and Gero or Kefla and Toppo. I don't think 4 per set is likely but I'd love for that to be the case as not only will we most likely get the characters I mentioned but we could also get some of the missing forms and possibly the new movie's villain.
I dont see us getting movie stuff until later, and they give us a pack 4 with all relevant new content

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Why would Black ever team up with Baby?
He doesn't have to. Baby has the ability to control people by leaving a part of himself inside of his targets. Baby take control of Goku Black and ironically use his stolen body for his own purposes. Imagine a mission Zamasu begrudgingly teams up with us to save Goku Black from Baby's control.