"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Bandai Namco New Dragon Ball Project 2016

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:It's 2016, I think most people by now have move on to next gen systems. Just like people move on to the PS3 and 360 in 2008 and 2009. I would save up for a PS4 or Xbox One since the last gen systems are pretty much done.
I just got a PS3 with tax money just last year. Again, not everyone can afford the newest systems right out of the gate. And there's still a wealth of other PS3 games I want to play that I haven't gotten yet, so making it a point to get yet another new system so soon after my last, and make my gaming backlog grow all the higher, just doesn't seem that worthwhile to me at the moment.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon May 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Where does it state that the hint is in the pictures?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 16, 2016 4:26 pm

V Jump will probably have a lot of info and pics about it but they probably know it'll leak before it's release date so they want us to find out about the game through an official announcement 1st instead of a leak.
Last edited by sintzu on Mon May 16, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon May 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Ahh, that would make a lot more sense then, yeah. And I hope it didn't come off too much like I was trying to be combative, nor this next part - but personally, if the game is fun, that counts for me far more than what it looks like. I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy nice, shiny new graphics as much as the next guy. I also roll my eyes and go 'oh wow' mentally each and every time I see my character literally caught in the model of one of the Oozaru when playing Xenoverse. But at the end of the day, a game's graphics have always been one of the things least important to me, compared to it's play-ability and, in cases of games where that matters, the story. I'm one of those that I can still pop in an old PS game with it's horrific polygons and still enjoy it just as much as a newer, shinier game. I already thought PS2 had greatly superior and in general perfectly acceptable graphics, and PS3 just takes it to a whole new realm of 'whoa'. So I'm sure PS4 is just the same next level of amazingess, but even once a PS5 or whatever is out, I'll still be able to pop in games from generations before and enjoy them just fine.

That's just me though. :P I totally get where you and others are coming from, it's just not one of my biggest concerns. And I'm also fully accepting of being left behind currently. Trust me, I'm not gonna be moaning and groaning when it's announced to be PS4/One/PC only or something, because I know such things are eventually inevitable. It'll just be a temporary feeling of 'Well...crap. Guess I won't be playing it just yet.', and then I'll look on all further announcements with the same wide-eyed look of want I'd have regardless.
Don't get me wrong, I'm the same. Graphics aren't important to me, performance (and therefore gameplay) is always the most important aspect for me. I have a 165Hz monitor, so I'll scale back the visuals on a lot of my games just to achieve high frame rates for better responsiveness and fluidity. That's a totally fine viewpoint to have, and I absolutely share it. Heaven knows how many games I've totally written off for being poorly optimised or lacking basic PC features such as mouse acceleration toggle, an uncapped frame rate, and all the good stuff that's absolutely essential in providing the best playable experience.

That said, if you move away from fighting game territory, then catering to previous generation hardware absolutely holds back games in many areas. You couldn't make a game like The Witcher 3 on a PS3. It's not feasible to create games that large and that detailed when the hardware lacks the necessary memory and processing power to handle it. You'd be back to Skyrim's console version where loading in and out of houses would take several minutes, and the world itself would be relatively static.

At some point, a developer has to move with the tech and create games that utilise the currently available hardware on offer. It's how you keep things fresh and exciting while also maintaining acceptable performance. Naughty Dog were pushing boundaries with the original release of The Last of Us, but man, I'd be lying if I said the performance hiccups weren't a severe hindrance to the gameplay. At some point, you hit a brick wall and you have to move on. It's a shame some people get left behind for a little while, but it's important that we're always moving forwards.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Mon May 16, 2016 4:27 pm

All I want is Xenoverse 2 with even larger character customization including SSJ 3, SSJ 4 and SSG. Also, I wouldn't mind another great plot like the first one.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon May 16, 2016 4:33 pm

So, the posters there are:
  • All 4 anime series:
    • Dragon Ball
      Dragon Ball Z
      Dragon Ball GT
      Dragon Ball Super
    All 19 theatrical movies:
    • Dragon Ball Movies 1-4
      Dragon Ball Z Movies 1-15
    Almost all the modern console video games:
    • Dragon Ball Z/Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
      Dragon Ball Z 2/Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
      Dragon Ball Z 3/Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (2 posters)
      Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
      Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection
      Dragon Ball Z: Sparking!/Budokai Tenkaichi
      Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! NEO/Budokai Tenkaichi 2
      Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
      Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
      Dragon Ball: Ultimate Blast/Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
      Dragon Ball Z For Kinect
      Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
      Dragon Ball XenoVerse
    Some of the DS/3DS video-games:
    • Dragon Ball DS/Dragon Ball: Origins
      Dragon Ball DS2: Charge! Red Ribbon Army/Dragon Ball: Origins 2
      Dragon Ball Z/Kai: Attack of the Saiyans
      Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden
    Two pictures of a rainy destroyed city
Did I miss anything?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 16, 2016 4:35 pm

sintzu wrote:V Jump will probably have a lot of info and pics about it but they probably know it'll leak before it's release date so they want us to find out about the game through an official announcement 1st instead of a leak.
I wouldn't be so certain. These game announcements, even for sequels, usually aren't very content heavy. We very well may just end up with another cryptic reveal about what exactly this iteration is about, plus a traditional (and boring) screenshot or two of Goku vs. Vegeta.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Ajay wrote:That said, if you move away from fighting game territory, then catering to previous generation hardware absolutely holds back games in many areas. You couldn't make a game like The Witcher 3 on a PS3. It's not feasible to create games that large and that detailed when the hardware lacks the necessary memory and processing power to handle it. You'd be back to Skyrim's console version where loading in and out of houses would take several minutes, and the world itself would be relatively static.
That's the other part where I admit I'm a bit at odds with a lot of other gamers (granted, I don't really consider myself a gamer by any means either - just a guy who happens to enjoy a healthy selection of video games, but by no means plays nearly half of the major titles that hardcore gamers go for) - I actually think a game can go too large, in scale of it's environments. That was a big part of why I couldn't get very far in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, the environments were just too large and hard to keep track of where I was going/where I've been/etc.

Again, that's just me though. :P I'm still fully expecting this game is gonna be 'Xenoverse 2' regardless, and I'm looking greatly forward to what kind of stuff I'll eventually get to play around with, even if it's not as soon as I'd like.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon May 16, 2016 4:45 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:That's the other part where I admit I'm a bit at odds with a lot of other gamers (granted, I don't really consider myself a gamer by any means either - just a guy who happens to enjoy a healthy selection of video games, but by no means plays nearly half of the major titles that hardcore gamers go for) - I actually think a game can go too large, in scale of it's environments. That was a big part of why I couldn't get very far in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, the environments were just too large and hard to keep track of where I was going/where I've been/etc.

Again, that's just me though. :P I'm still fully expecting this game is gonna be 'Xenoverse 2' regardless, and I'm looking greatly forward to what kind of stuff I'll eventually get to play around with, even if it's not as soon as I'd like.
Absolutely. I thought going open-world in The Phantom Pain was a huge misstep for the series, but I think that's to do with gaming trends, which is a pretty separate conversation from technical possibilities on offer from modern hardware. Think we're veering a bit off-topic now. :P Hope you enjoy whatever this ends up being when you get around to it!

Deadtuber.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:09 pm

In my dream world we'd get Tenkaichi 3 hd for ps3, ps4 xbox one and 360 with Xenoverse 2 also being revealed for a 2017 release.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Whoa, came out of nowhere today on DBZ Games and Bandai facebook...
My next step was going to visit Kanzenshuu :D

I reaaally hope, that they will include the Dragon Ball arcs! Screw GT, I would love some classic Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse sequel :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:43 pm

It's weird how now I'm hearing screw GT, when back in like 2008 people kept asking for GT to the developers, and why it's been left out for some time. I don't see how the original Dragon Ball would even work as the fighting system requires flight. It was incredibly awkward how they flew in Tenkaichi 3.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 5:59 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:It's weird how now I'm hearing screw GT, when back in like 2008 people kept asking for GT to the developers, and why it's been left out for some time. I don't see how the original Dragon Ball would even work as the fighting system requires flight. It was incredibly awkward how they flew in Tenkaichi 3.
Just depends on how they go about it. If they start off the game at a 'lower stakes' angle (which I'm not sure how they'd do if you are meant to literally continue with your last character essentially. But if you're very much meant to be a new character of sorts...), and have your first missions start off in the DB era. Have your character likewise not know how to fly yet, and you've got a stable ground based system going until you eventually do learn to fly later on, just as the characters in-show did.

Admittedly this would probably still leave the early, non-flying characters at a distinct disadvantage in actual combat later on, but...Xenoverse didn't really lend itself well to playing as established characters very well anyway, outside of dragging some along as support. Granted a sequel could change that (and I'd really LOVE if it did), but if it didn't, it still wouldn't be too damaging on that front.
Twitter

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Mon May 16, 2016 6:01 pm

I'm guessing.

Xenoverse 4K Edition

All DLC and updated graphics for 4k available next year.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Mon May 16, 2016 6:02 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:It's weird how now I'm hearing screw GT, when back in like 2008 people kept asking for GT to the developers, and why it's been left out for some time. I don't see how the original Dragon Ball would even work as the fighting system requires flight. It was incredibly awkward how they flew in Tenkaichi 3.
I find the mentality of "Screw GT give me dragon ball!" weird cause its like they can only have one or the other...g-guys why not both? We can have both! That is an option! :lol:
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Well you can give Roshi, Chi Chi and Kid Goku a nimbus cloud to fly. #8, General Blue, Tao and Ninja Murasaki could stay in the air for a limited time. Piccolo Daimao and Cyber Tao could fly just fine on their own. Kid Goku use a nimbus cloud for flight combat in Ultimate Battle 22 after all.
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Mon May 16, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Mon May 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Has anyone data mined the website or found anything in coding of images?

https://d1r7xvmnymv7kg.cloudfront.net/s ... /DBZ_2.png

https://d1r7xvmnymv7kg.cloudfront.net/s ... ovie07.png

Take notice of the names of the two images.
The art from Android13 movie is titledwith DBZ Movie and anime

While the new picture titles Games, and DBZ_2

This new picture is titled anime though.

https://d1r7xvmnymv7kg.cloudfront.net/s ... me/DBZ.png
Last edited by Ozotto on Mon May 16, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:13 pm

I just hope it's xv2 I can't wait for tomorrow the hype is real :crazy:
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon May 16, 2016 6:16 pm

Ozotto wrote:Has anyone data mined the website or found anything in coding of images?
Nothing noteworthy, but it does seem like it's set-up to support a YouTube video within the timer's script. I guess it'll be pulling in a video once it's done. Might just be a default section of code for whatever the timer is based on, though.

Deadtuber.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:23 pm

voltlunok wrote:
I find the mentality of "Screw GT give me dragon ball!" weird cause its like they can only have one or the other...g-guys why not both? We can have both! That is an option! :lol:
Amen to that. I'd love both. I'd like Super characters to. Though really I'd rather a smaller more refined cast, over everybody is the same and boring. But most of all I need my Gary Stu. Not just my Gary Stu though, but the return of Dumplin. Pretty sure with the title to fly through time, it's gonna be Xenoverse 2. Whether it is or isn't doesn't matter to me. Just as long as it's good.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!