"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:14 am

The free update also brought the "random music" option. Now you're not stuck with only one music while in Conton City or playing something. Thank goodness. Although it only works with the new soundtracks, it doesn't get to play the original BGMs.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:43 am

:think:
Nia wrote:Seems that new update fixed the messed up subtitles in the Extra Pack 2 DLC. Now you can actually tell what the Kaioshin of Time is saying during the ending!
Awesome!

Too bad the volume for the new lines is still too low.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:55 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote::think:
Nia wrote:Seems that new update fixed the messed up subtitles in the Extra Pack 2 DLC. Now you can actually tell what the Kaioshin of Time is saying during the ending!
Awesome!

How much was cut off, anything that changes the context?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:57 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Alright, our new mentor gift window is here. This is what I've gotten so far from them

Hercule- Trendy Suit
Nappa-Golden Great Ape Outfit, Golden Scouter
Whis- Zen-Oh Clothes

Anyone finds anything else, feel free to add! :thumbup:
Trendy suit was a real bastard, it was 3 pieces from 3 different raids, I somehow had 2 feet and nothing else.

Finally can get the items I missed I'm so glad o have most raid items and don't have to do this.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Awesome!

As far as I know, that's only the case with the English voices... but it's a problem that seems to have been there with the game's launch. In the opening, you can barely even hear the Kaioshin of Time as opposed to Trunks who's absolutely blaring along with the music. Dunno why they never bothered to fix it (or how it even happened in the first place).
TobyS wrote:
Awesome!

Not a lot was cut off, but at least a few sentences were practically unreadable before. You could more or less figure out what she was saying, but it's nice that you can read it in it's entirety now. Dunno why the English translations have gotten so lazy in recent years, though, and it's made even sadder knowing that we'll prolly never get subtitles that match the Japanese voice track.
Ah, but don't mind my rambling. :lol:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:08 pm

Nia wrote:
Awesome!

As far as I know, that's only the case with the English voices... but it's a problem that seems to have been there with the game's launch. In the opening, you can barely even hear the Kaioshin of Time as opposed to Trunks who's absolutely blaring along with the music. Dunno why they never bothered to fix it (or how it even happened in the first place).
Kirran from TFS theorizes that it might be from the fact that they matched the settings of the Japanese track for the dub, but didn't soundcheck that. And, as a result, a lot of the dub's recordings are improperly matched to the Japanese volumes, which makes some things louder or softer than they should be. You've heard the Japanese track, right? So, maybe you could be a better judge of that. I mean, I preemptively turned the music down to its lowest just so I could hear the dialogue, but even THAT didn't help at points.
Nia wrote:
TobyS wrote:

Awesome!

Not a lot was cut off, but at least a few sentences were practically unreadable before. You could more or less figure out what she was saying, but it's nice that you can read it in it's entirety now. Dunno why the English translations have gotten so lazy in recent years, though, and it's made even sadder knowing that we'll prolly never get subtitles that match the Japanese voice track.
Ah, but don't mind my rambling. :lol:
I thought that the English dialogue, unless they extended some things to match the Japanese timings, was pretty even with the Japanese dub, no? And the subtitles, though they reflect the English script more, was just as accurate as it could be.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Scsigs wrote: Kirran from TFS theorizes that it might be from the fact that they matched the settings of the Japanese track for the dub, but didn't soundcheck that. And, as a result, a lot of the dub's recordings are improperly matched to the Japanese volumes, which makes some things louder or softer than they should be. You've heard the Japanese track, right? So, maybe you could be a better judge of that. I mean, I preemptively turned the music down to its lowest just so I could hear the dialogue, but even THAT didn't help at points.

I thought that the English dialogue, unless they extended some things to match the Japanese timings, was pretty even with the Japanese dub, no? And the subtitles, though they reflect the English script more, was just as accurate as it could be.
I've never had trouble hearing the Japanese voice track, if that's what you're asking. I'm not sure what's going on with the English volume, but I certainly notice it every time I start up the game (since it's before the game loads my settings, the opening is still in English). Was really weird how everything is so loud with Trunks and the music, and then I'm left going "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" when the Kaioshin of Time starts talking.

And what I meant from the translation being lazy is just how much wonk there is, beyond even the typical dubisms. You'll find random bits, like translating Beerus as Bills in at least a few points (I believe at one point, in the voiced dialogue, Whis even refers to Beerus as such in the first game, making me wonder how nobody caught that), there's a lot of oddities like certain remarks being switched around (Vegeta telling you to hurry it up being swapped with saying something like "Dammit! This can't be happening!" when getting KO'd or Freeza asking if you're tired already, even though he's the one getting splattered across the battlefield), really weird translations in general (Goku asking Freeza to give him time to build the Genki-dama, when he should be asking you to buy him some time or Yamcha claiming "I did it!" when Gohan kills Cell), and then the lack of effort in the prnouns (your protagonists being referred to as male even when female, and at least one instance of the XV1 hero being called female no matter what in that game).
It's not just Xenoverse either; Dokkan Battle is full of really awkward half-assed translations. One that always stuck with me was them referring to Freeza's brother as Coora, despite him being named Cooler in the dub. Granted, that's a cheapo cash-grab mobile game, but it bothered me for the year or so I played it.
As for the accuracy, it's somewhat hit and miss. There's a lot of times where I'll hear something, and be like "...That's clearly not what they said" when reading the subtitles. I don't speak fluent Japanese, but there's often a phrase I'll recognize, and notice that it's not quite right (not to mention, the way they handled FighterZ has me really worried about future titles). I know it'll probably never happen (I've never seen a game with both the English and Japanese audio have separate subtitles for each), but there's enough changes that I'd rather just have something like subtitles for the Japanese voice track. The dialogue is mostly accurate to the best of my knowledge, but there's still a lot of moments that just don't match up. That's not even starting in with the typical dubisms.

It's made even noticeable given how some of the previous games seemed to have a lot more polish in the translations. I seem to remember Burst Limit having very few alterations from the Japanese scripts, and I don't really remember any weird, out of place lines like that.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:27 pm

Question.. Can you get Jiren with Season Pass or do you have to pay for the 9.999 pack that he is in.
-Mark

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:47 pm

FutureTrunks wrote:Question.. Can you get Jiren with Season Pass or do you have to pay for the 9.999 pack that he is in.
Jiren is a part of the Extra Pack 2. Extra Packs aren't included in the Season Pass; just the first four DLC. You can, however, buy the two extra packs as a set for a smaller price.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:49 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
FutureTrunks wrote:Question.. Can you get Jiren with Season Pass or do you have to pay for the 9.999 pack that he is in.
Jiren is a part of the Extra Pack 2. Extra Packs aren't included in the Season Pass; just the first four DLC. You can, however, buy the two extra packs as a set for a smaller price.
oh ok, thank you for the clarification!

I've been playing FighterZ for a while and want to get back to Xeno2 and noticed Jiren and everyone!
-Mark

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:31 pm

People said Datamining revealed Legend Patrol data for the non switch versions of the game. But it never came out with the latest DLC even though Demigra made a weirdly small return....

So if it does happen when do you think it'll be? Whatever the standard gap between XV2 dlc's was? When the Super movie comes out? Some kind of XV/XV2 landmark anniversary?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:54 am

So if I buy the £14 Extra Pack 1 and 2 bundle, how many hours of game play am I getting there?

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:20 am

Bullza wrote:So if I buy the £14 Extra Pack 1 and 2 bundle, how many hours of game play am I getting there?

I'd be willing to argue around a good ten hours or so. New parallel quests, plus the Infinite History Story has quite a bit of replayability

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:08 am

So, now I'm down to 6 missing figures to collect for the Hero Colosseum. Best part: they are all UR Pull Exclusive so I can't limit break SRs to get them. Meaning I have to grind a lot of TP-Medals, to pull...
1x Golden Freeza, 1x Champa, 1x Vegetto Blue, 1x UR Youth Gohan (the new one), 1x Broly, 1x Super Li Shenlong. And of course I keep pulling the Numbers of those that I already have...

But what hurts even more is, when you pour all your gathered Exp into an SR and finally "awake" it into an UR, only to pull that exact same UR with the next regular 5x Pull for 15 TP-Medals. Such a waste of Exp...

And I thought the Max Master Level is 50 at the Colosseum. Took me hours of "1 turn or 2 turn Vados killing" with Vegeta Blue to get there, and now it's not even the end? Man... isn't there a better way to level up? I wanna raise the popularity of the Colosseum, so Bulma (hopefully) shuts up one day or at least so that her gauge is full and it stops bugging me in my subconscious (I hate incompleted tasks).
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:00 pm

So I don't own the previous DLC but I buy the Extra Pack, I can't play as characters like Black and Zamasu but can I still fight them?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:16 pm

Bullza wrote:So if I buy the £14 Extra Pack 1 and 2 bundle, how many hours of game play am I getting there?
The first Extra Pack doesn't add a new story. Only the even numbered DLC add story, while the odd numbered ones focus more on new new characters (which usually end up in the story of the following DLC), clothes, parallel quests, etc.

When it comes to the extra packs, I think they're the best quality DLC, particularly Extra Pack 2. The story has two main paths, depending on whether you want to correct history or change it. You can also take your instructor with you, and the one you take will affect how certain missions go down. For example, if you take Buu with you and are on a mission to fight Videl, Buu will refuse to help you fight Mr. Satan's daughter and will turn on you. You can replay the story several times with each instructor to see what changes, so you can get a lot of playtime out of that.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Bullza wrote:So I don't own the previous DLC but I buy the Extra Pack, I can't play as characters like Black and Zamasu but can I still fight them?
You'll be able to fight against other players using them, and Zamasu appears in one of the PQs, and if they show up in a Raid you should be able to fight them, but other than that, no, at least not to the best of my knowledge.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:51 am

Well I bought it and it ain't too bad so far. I don't suppose there's a mission anywhere where you can play on the Universe 6 Tournament stage is there?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Bullza wrote:Well I bought it and it ain't too bad so far. I don't suppose there's a mission anywhere where you can play on the Universe 6 Tournament stage is there?
The Universal Tournament stage was used in DLC 2's story. I think the same DLC unlocks the stage for other modes too.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Oh ok, I ask because DLC Pack 4 added the Ruined City from the Future Trunks saga but that was playable for one of the missions in the Extra Pack 2.

I was wondering if the Universe 6 Tournament was involved in the same way but it doesn't look like it.