"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm

All of that sounds really exciting. I'm glad Fu isn't being played as a straight villain here. I won't be surprised if there's some "twist" to it later on but hopefully not. That description of UI Goku is giving me flashbacks to Extreme Malice. Help. :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:41 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:All of that sounds really exciting. I'm glad Fu isn't being played as a straight villain here. I won't be surprised if there's some "twist" to it later on but hopefully not. That description of UI Goku is giving me flashbacks to Extreme Malice. Help. :lol:
Calling it now:
The fissures DO effect time and Fu was just bullshitting us
This is used to cause a scenario where he can save Mira and Towa
When this is revealed, our character acts heartbroken
Fu becomes a tsunder rival and acts like he didn't become BFFs with us through our small interactions. "It's not like we were friends or anything Ii was planning to kill you the whole time, B-b-b-baka!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:45 pm

And here I was thinking Jiren would be my new main.....

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:48 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Xaroc wrote: That explains why Gohan doesn't get this new form instead of Gokuu. He simply can't learn it, that's all.

Anyway, I'm hyped. So it will basically be the Main Story again, but this time, you can actually change events, did I get this right? Nice.
Preventing Nappa from being killed, killing Freeza but letting Coola live. Too bad there probably won't be bigger changes available like Boo actually absorbing Vegetto (for real) or Tales (Turles) going Super Saiyajin. I hope at least Nappa and Radditz can use the Super Saiyajin Skills as Mentors. I mean, we're supposed to change movestes of our mentors this time, right?
Depending how deep this is going to be, there can be quit some changes and scenarios.
I hope so, but in case that doesn't happen there is always Good Ol' Potential Unleashed.
Wait a sec! Remember how we can change the clothes and skills of our mentor? If we can give the mentors any attack, we can give Turles SSJ! So maybe the mechanic has a double use. We can costumize our mentors or we can choose to change time and depending on what saga we changed, if the character in the saga is one of our mentors, they can change.

For example: We change an event involving Turles. Due to the change plus the fact that we can already alter our mentors and the fact that Turles is a mentor, he can go ssj.

Just some wishful thinking
The only problem, is getting them to transform. Whenever I've gone into a PQ with a character than can transform, they never do.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Bandai is just teasing like mad on Twitter...

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:42 pm

The scan says something about Ultra Instinct being "offensive and defensive", so far it was only a fan thing but it seems now that it is confirmed to be official.

If this is the case, then I would agree with everyone who said Vegeta should be the one to get the "offensive version" of this yet-another recolor. It would work much better for both characters (and for future things, in case Heroes decides to fuse them while using it).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:50 pm

So no release date. Just coming soon. Hope it's still this month if not next month.

Gotta say though, it looks like it'll be worth the wait. The "Tokipedia" seems to record different team ups/interaction in the missions like Fighterz does. At least that's what it seems. Still strange we have yet to see anything more regarding changing the color of attacks. Wonder if that's still happening?

Still, I'm so ready for this DLC pack. Can't wait!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:All of that sounds really exciting. I'm glad Fu isn't being played as a straight villain here. I won't be surprised if there's some "twist" to it later on but hopefully not. That description of UI Goku is giving me flashbacks to Extreme Malice. Help. :lol:
Calling it now:
The fissures DO effect time and Fu was just bullshitting us
This is used to cause a scenario where he can save Mira and Towa
When this is revealed, our character acts heartbroken
Fu becomes a tsunder rival and acts like he didn't become BFFs with us through our small interactions. "It's not like we were friends or anything Ii was planning to kill you the whole time, B-b-b-baka!"
By exact thoughts. Notice how the scan says that “Fuu says that actions taken within the fissures don’t affect the main timeline”. As we know that Fuu is evil, we shouldn’t trust his words. He’s probably gathering enough energy to revive someone.

Also, why does Chronoa look like she’s in danger? This might be after Fuu double-crosses our Cac
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:33 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:As we know that Fuu is evil
No we don't. All we know is that he is the Son of Towa and Mira. For all we know, he's just apathetic. Could be a Buu situation where he just doesn't know any better.
Also, why does Chronoa look like she’s in danger? This might be after Fuu double-crosses our Cac
Seems more to me like she's rushing through a time rift, trying to get there in time to stop some shit.

Also, I can't tell from the image, is that shot of Chorona animated?

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:As we know that Fuu is evil
No we don't. All we know is that he is the Son of Towa and Mira. For all we know, he's just apathetic. Could be a Buu situation where he just doesn't know any better.
Seems more to me like she's rushing through a time rift, trying to get there in time to stop some shit.

Also, I can't tell from the image, is that shot of Chorona animated?
I'm going by Dragon Ball Heroes in the sense that he’s evil in that series. Also, yeah, the pic of Chronoa is from an animated cutscene. The scan said that we would get more of those.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Dammit, why couldn't they wait until we get the DLC? I wanted that transformation to be a surprise. This is some spoiler shit right here! To this day I still ask how do the developers know what transformation Toei does before we do?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:15 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Dammit, why couldn't they wait until we get the DLC? I wanted that transformation to be a surprise. This is some spoiler shit right here! To this day I still ask how do the developers know what transformation Toei does before we do?
This character needed to to be revealed so they could tell people what they were buying, the form was also show for Super promo material in the same magazine as well as for Heroes, the form was somewhat shown in the newest NEP and this magazine doesn't officially hit stores for another day.
The reason the devs knew was because this form has been something that had been designed awhile back and they've have been building up to it and wanted a big multimedia blowout with it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 am

Tried to get a bigger picture of the Tokipedia thing, I can make out some things:

Goku, Final Form Frieza and Frost with two blacked out icons I can't make out.

Goku, Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, Broly and 'The Masked Saiyan' with one BOA that kind of looks like Towa to me.

Base Vegeta and Perfect Cell; I'm assuming that the blue icon just means you can have anyone else in this event?

Yamcha and a BOA

Piccolo and two BOA I can't make out

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Kanassa wrote:Image
Tried to get a bigger picture of the Tokipedia thing, I can make out some things:

Goku, Final Form Frieza and Frost with two blacked out icons I can't make out.

Goku, Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, Broly and 'The Masked Saiyan' with one BOA that kind of looks like Towa to me.

Base Vegeta and Perfect Cell; I'm assuming that the blue icon just means you can have anyone else in this event?

Yamcha and a BOA

Piccolo and two BOA I can't make out
I wonder to what extent can we change the events of history.

I’m assuming that we will be able to change Saiyan Saga, Namek Saga, Android Saga, and Buu Saga but what about the sagas from Super? What about GT?

What if i want Blue Goku vs SSJ4 Goku like what Heroes has? How will the changes work? Can we change something form one saga and it will carry into the next?

Is Fuu full of crap when he says that this does affect the timeline? What the heck does he need all this energy for? Can i give my saiyan mentors SSJ when it comes to their customization? Can I make SSB Bardock? Will the mentors even transform? AI for some reason never uses their damn transformations and that annoys me so much! How do the mentors change history? How the hell do team-attacks work?

So many questions!!

I really hope DLC6 isn’t delayed.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Grimlock wrote:The scan says something about Ultra Instinct being "offensive and defensive", so far it was only a fan thing but it seems now that it is confirmed to be official.

If this is the case, then I would agree with everyone who said Vegeta should be the one to get the "offensive version" of this yet-another recolor. It would work much better for both characters (and for future things, in case Heroes decides to fuse them while using it).
And it only means that Goku in this form can attack and defend without thinking, which is what completed UI is.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Yeah, but it would be better if Vegeta got one side of the Ultra Instinct then, since this is how it works.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:58 pm

Grimlock wrote:Yeah, but it would be better if Vegeta got one side of the Ultra Instinct then, since this is how it works.
The Whole Offensive Side Ultra Instinct & Defensive Side Ultra Instinct isn't real

Otherwise the anime would have shown Offensive Side plus if it was real the only difference would have probably been the user's attack being OP and no visual difference

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Ya know. Considering how Mira has his Super Mira form, I have a feeling that after meeting Mira and Towa, the next time we meet Fuu, he’s gonna drop his nerdy act and be an equal fusion of both his parents. Clever and smart but a total powerhouse. He might even have a transformation.

I wonder what he’s gonna do with the energy he’s researching...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:05 pm

ZeroDio wrote:The Whole Offensive Side Ultra Instinct & Defensive Side Ultra Instinct isn't real
It's written in the scan though.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:06 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ya know. Considering how Mira has his Super Mira form, I have a feeling that after meeting Mira and Towa, the next time we meet Fuu, he’s gonna drop his nerdy act and be an equal fusion of both his parents. Clever and smart but a total powerhouse. He might even have a transformation.

I wonder what he’s gonna do with the energy he’s researching...
So maybe a

Towa's Darkness Form + Mira's Out of Control form

Or

Towa's Demon God Form + Mira's Super Form