"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:40 pm

According to Bandai’s twitter, we should be getting new on the release date soon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoU ... 1185418240
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:53 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Translation of the Tokipedia pic
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is really confusing. I’m assuming that the blue side is choosing to defend history while the purple is choosing to change it. And from the characters shown, they’re all mentors and the scan did say that the mentor we choose to bring with us will also affect the timeline. But then again, i think i see Tapion’s head (although it could be Androi 16) and Trunks at the far bottom. Tapion isn’t a mentor and none of the forms of Trunks are mentors.

Also, it seems like depending on the mentor you choose, all choices still end up connecting back to the same path until the next mission/scenario.

So, does this work in terms of Saiyan Arc to U6 v U7 arc? Because the missions seem all over the place...

Oh! Or maybe the hexagon spots that have 1/3 or 1/5 are for how many possible routes you have unlocked. This is amazingly complicated right now... I love it!
We see the example of this in the better scans of the Cell saga scenario, with one scan showing us taking down Cell and Vegeta (Which we can actually see on the Tokipedia thing! Under 'Unwelcome Challenger!') with 13 and the twins as allies, but the other picture shows us fighting with Cell against 13 and the Twins.

Well, considering that the title of that scenario is 'The Hero Tapion Awakens!', I think that's Tapion's hair, not 16's.

Thing I'm surprised to find is that there's cutscenes. I was honestly suspecting this to be more like a PQ in that regard...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Ok yeah. So, the blue side is to protect history and the characters shown are ones we have to beat. The purple side is changing history and also has the characters we must beat. Although i dont know why Saiyan Saga Vegeta would be teaming up with Cell. So maybe the Blue and Purple sides are just two sides of the same mission.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:22 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok yeah. So, the blue side is to protect history and the characters shown are ones we have to beat. The purple side is changing history and also has the characters we must beat. Although i dont know why Saiyan Saga Vegeta would be teaming up with Cell. So maybe the Blue and Purple sides are just two sides of the same mission.
Don't think so, on the blue side there's no sign of 17 or 13.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Another screenshot of Master Ultra Instinct.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So M. UI Goku can use the Genki Dama with just one hand? That looks quite OP
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok yeah. So, the blue side is to protect history and the characters shown are ones we have to beat. The purple side is changing history and also has the characters we must beat. Although i dont know why Saiyan Saga Vegeta would be teaming up with Cell. So maybe the Blue and Purple sides are just two sides of the same mission.
I just found a really good pic.

It turns out that it really is Android 16 on the Tapion mission along with Captain Ginyu instead of Trunks. Here’s the image and the breakdown:

(Green) New Time Rift Troubles: Goku, Gotenks, Beerus, Whis

(Blue) Android Assault on History: Goku, 18, Broly, Bardock

(Purple) Unwelcome Challenger: Vegeta, Perfect Cell

(Blue) Videl’s Vexation: Yamcha, Majin Buu

(Purple) Another Savior has Come!: Tien, Piccolo, Gotenks

(Blue) Holding on to Hope: Vegeta, Majin Buu?

(Purple) The Hero Tapion Awakens: Captain Ginyu, Android 16, Broly?

https://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/drag ... 18_013.jpg

I’ll just go back to thinking that the characters on each mission are the characters that we can bring along.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

It turns out that it really is Android 16 on the Tapion mission along with Captain Ginyu instead of Trunks.
Don't see how the image makes it more clear.
I’ll just go back to thinking that the characters on each mission are the characters that we can bring along.
Maybe it's less who you CAN bring along and more who you SHOULD bring along. Basically, trying to hint at what characters cause certain things in the event for when you replay it.

I wonder how many scenarios there are.

Kanassa wrote:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 pm

All the characters in that picture are mentors so it must be something to do with that. Maybe maxing out all those friendship meters wasn't useless after all,

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:58 pm

So, why do you guys think Fuu, Chronoa, and MUI Goku are all in the crack of time?

Chronoa is trapped, probably by Fuu.
Fuu must have something up his sleave if he thinks he can go up against MUI Goku. Perhaps a transformation? Maybe he revived his parents for backup?
Either way, Goku looks ready to kick his ass!

You know its great when this DLC Pack Story is getting me more hyped for it then XV2 did for its original story mode.

Also, the fact that for each route we take, we get a cutscene really shows how much effort they possible put into this pack.

I really hope this pack isn’t delayed. I hope we get a livestream by the end of this week aswell.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 pm

[spoiler]
AnimeNation101 wrote:So, why do you guys think Fuu, Chronoa, and MUI Goku are all in the crack of time?

Fuu must have something up his sleave if he thinks he can go up against MUI Goku. Perhaps a transformation? Maybe he revived his parents for backup?

You know its great when this DLC Pack Story is getting me more hyped for it then XV2 did for its original story mode.

Also, the fact that for each route we take, we get a cutscene really shows how much effort they possible put into this pack.

I really hope this pack isn’t delayed. I hope we get a livestream by the end of this week aswell.
[/spoiler]
As far as I can see, this DLC pack seems to be one of 2 things, if not both at the same time. It's either an Author's Saving Throw for the main story mode being kinda bland & unoriginal, since it mostly recycled things from the first game's story mode (not the only thing it recycled, but that's besides the point), or it's acting as a setup to the 3rd game where Fu is gonna be a main antagonist/anti villain. I mean, depending on how long this expansion pack is, it just might be a good precursor to what's coming in 3.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:59 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:So, why do you guys think Fuu, Chronoa, and MUI Goku are all in the crack of time?

This is so damn hype!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:10 am

Scsigs wrote:[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
As far as I can see, this DLC pack seems to be one of 2 things, if not both at the same time. It's either an Author's Saving Throw for the main story mode being kinda bland & unoriginal, since it mostly recycled things from the first game's story mode (not the only thing it recycled, but that's besides the point), or it's acting as a setup to the 3rd game where Fu is gonna be a main antagonist/anti villain. I mean, depending on how long this expansion pack is, it just might be a good precursor to what's coming in 3.
Or it's both.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:54 am

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Don't think so, on the blue side there's no sign of 17 or 13.

It turns out that it really is Android 16 on the Tapion mission along with Captain Ginyu instead of Trunks.
Don't see how the image makes it more clear.
Maybe it's less who you CAN bring along and more who you SHOULD bring along. Basically, trying to hint at what characters cause certain things in the event for when you replay it.

I wonder how many scenarios there are.
Well, there goes the theory of bringing your mentor on these missions.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:06 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Scsigs wrote:[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Or it's both.
That's why I said the same thing, can you not read?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:33 am

Also, yeah, getting a better look at the Chorona image; she's definitely trapped. You can see she's hitting the wall of her 'cell'.

Kanassa wrote:

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:56 pm

There’s a new XV2 maintenance planned for February 26th (Monday) with a note about a new update/content.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 pm

It could be the free update at least. :think: Not getting my hopes up though, since the website just lists "update", not an actual "new content".
Last edited by Grimlock on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:59 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:There’s a new XV2 maintenance planned for February 26th (Monday) with a note about a new update/content.
Other updates have usually happened a day or so before DLC launches and 27th fits in with the pattern of it being the last Tuesday on the month.

There any details on what this maintenance contains?

Kanassa wrote:

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Kanassa wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:There’s a new XV2 maintenance planned for February 26th (Monday) with a note about a new update/content.
Other updates have usually happened a day or so before DLC launches and 27th fits in with the pattern of it being the last Tuesday on the month.

There any details on what this maintenance contains?
No idea, but I hope they fix the netcode.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!