"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:49 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
2021 makes sense as they currently don't have any big name characters to push so if they're waiting for Super to return and bring with it new and big stories then they'll have something worth fans' time and $$$.
Definitely. Just thinking about how good XV3 will be can hold me over for the wait but getting an arpg open world game for dragon ball in the mean time? Time will fly quick as heck and before you know it, XV3 will make its glorious debut
Someone here a few months ago talked about a potential game by CyberConnect2 so if that's what they're really working on then we're in for an amazing game. From XV to Fighterz and potentially something from CC2, We're really lucky to be getting all these great DB games as this is by far DB's best gaming era.
Grimlock wrote:A game by Cyber Connect2 will look beautiful but none of that will matter if the Story Mode were to be just the same old nonsense that have been since the beginning of time, with it being from Raditz to Buu.

We and the games themselves don't need that anymore, it has to have its own story. If Cyber Connect2 manages to come up with an original story too, then we're talking.
Dont mean to brag but i was the guy who told y’all about the CyberConnect2 thing. Since then i got more info and revamped the whole theory. Thats what this is: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42686

Anyways, Grimlock, chances are that it WON’T be an original story. CC2 would be better off showing their cinematic skills by replicating the db story mode anyway, imo.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:12 pm

Then it won't be for me. The Dragon Ball games industry is indeed living its best era ever with all these new content (and what is better, great content), the last thing it needs is for the games to return to that dark era of boringness, revisiting the same events with nothing new. If Cyber Connect2 would just show off the graphics, then it's probably better not to bother doing a game.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Grimlock wrote:A game by Cyber Connect2 will look beautiful but none of that will matter if the Story Mode were to be just the same old nonsense that have been since the beginning of time, with it being from Raditz to Buu.

We and the games themselves don't need that anymore, it has to have its own story. If Cyber Connect2 manages to come up with an original story too, then we're talking.
IF we get a game from them it'll most likely cover Raditz to Black and unlike other games we've never gotten a full cinematic story game like the Naruto games.
AnimeNation101 wrote:CC2 would be better off showing their cinematic skills by replicating the db story mode anyway, imo.
Exactly. We've never gotten that kind of game so although it'll be the story we know, it'll still be new in its presentation.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Grimlock wrote:Then it won't be for me. The Dragon Ball games industry is indeed living its best era ever with all these new content (and what is better, great content), the last thing it needs is for the games to return to that dark era of boringness, revisiting the same events with nothing new. If Cyber Connect2 would just show off the graphics, then it's probably better not to bother doing a game.
If you think we’ll continue getting original story’s from dragon ball games forever, your standards are too high
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:16 pm

CC2 doing a Dragon Ball game with the style and look of Ninja Storm would be pretty great. Since we got all of Super, we can kind of skip over Z and have a really good Super Story Mode, as we haven't had one yet. Imagine all the fights of the Tournament of Power with Ninja Storm type cutscenes and everything would be hype.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Logania wrote:CC2 doing a Dragon Ball game with the style and look of Ninja Storm would be pretty great. Since we got all of Super, we can kind of skip over Z and have a really good Super Story Mode, as we haven't had one yet. Imagine all the fights of the Tournament of Power with Ninja Storm type cutscenes and everything would be hype.
a game of the tournament of power would be quite interesting

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:31 pm

Logania wrote:CC2 doing a Dragon Ball game with the style and look of Ninja Storm would be pretty great. Since we got all of Super, we can kind of skip over Z and have a really good Super Story Mode, as we haven't had one yet. Imagine all the fights of the Tournament of Power with Ninja Storm type cutscenes and everything would be hype.
By skipping Z they'd limit the amount of games they can make which wouldn't make sense to do.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:23 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
I know people say stuff like this but it would really flop. 66% of the characters no one even cares about. And most of them didn’t even get enough screen time for a full moveset.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:17 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
I know people say stuff like this but it would really flop. 66% of the characters no one even cares about. And most of them didn’t even get enough screen time for a full moveset.
I remember One Piece: Burning Blood where they kind of took that idea, where it's mostly based in just one arc. I did not like it. And One Piece is a show where the Arcs themselves have much more... Uh... Diverse meat to make a fighting game out of
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:11 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
the developers can create new movements or exclusive stories for the game

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:25 am

Tai Lung wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
Even then no one would care. It wold just be a useless hassle. Why spend all your time and resources building up characters nobody cares about when you can spend your time and resources on characters people know and care about?

And this isn’t even considering how pissed people would be that they left out people like Cell, Buu, Black, Beerus, and all the other more important and iconic db characters from all series and replaced them will a bunch of fodder nobodies from a mediocre arc

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:51 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I know people say stuff like this but it would really flop. 66% of the characters no one even cares about. And most of them didn’t even get enough screen time for a full moveset.
Even then no one would care. It wold just be a useless hassle. Why spend all your time and resources building up characters nobody cares about when you can spend your time and resources on characters people know and care about?

And this isn’t even considering how pissed people would be that they left out people like Cell, Buu, Black, Beerus, and all the other more important and iconic db characters from all series and replaced them will a bunch of fodder nobodies from a mediocre arc
I would say the same about the tenkaichi 3 and all the characters that most will not use
akkuman, yajirobe, kiwi, appule, general blue, soldier ramdon? apart from the "what if history" in the game
you can easily add more z characters to vary as well as how add zangya in the game of "cell games arc" the truth I do not agree, many enjoy the tournament of power and especially in the anime is where they showed more variety of techniques and skills that would be good moveset

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:36 am

Tai Lung wrote:
Where did you get that image from?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:42 am

Tai Lung wrote:
That image reminds me of the good ol' times playing Mugen.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Apparently, thanks to the newest update for Xenoverse 2, dataminers were able to uncover the placeholder data for the next two characters set to debut in the Winter DLC: Broly and Gogeta
If they are not new characters than what variations they could possible be? M10 Broly? Gogeta only appeared twice (M12 and GT) and both versions are on the main roster, right?
Nia wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A friend pointed this out to me. They're not calling him "Majin Vegeta" anymore.
Although I prefer "Majin Vegeta" for short, "Prince of Destruction Vegeta" is a neat alternate name :D
Grimlock wrote:You know all your arguments to defend these new forms are invalid when even the characters themselves speak the truth. :lol:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Funny how Baby Vegeta depicts the thoughts of the fanbase in majority.
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:A game of the Tournament Of Power would be quite interesting:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sadly it's the truth. Seeing this pic presenting all the fighters of the ToP, I only know/care about U6, U7 and U11 and that's not on me, but on the show who didn't care about investing on these other characters on the first place. Also a lot of them are fodder with unappealing designs.
Tai Lung wrote:I could say the same about Tenkaichi 3 and all the characters that most will not use:
Akkuman, Yajirobe, Kiwi, Appule, General Blue, Freeza soldier? Apart from the "What-if Story" in the game, you can easily add more Z characters to vary as well as how add Zangya in a game of the Cell Games.
I disagree, I liked using Akkuman mainly due his Ultimate being very effective against evil characters, Kiwi, Appule and Freeza Soldier were useful to parts of the story, I could agree about General Blue though I do enjoyed that a lot of DB characters were introduced on BT3.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:13 pm

sangofe wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
Where did you get that image from?
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1375676-dragon-ball

Noah wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:I could say the same about Tenkaichi 3 and all the characters that most will not use:
Akkuman, Yajirobe, Kiwi, Appule, General Blue, Freeza soldier? Apart from the "What-if Story" in the game, you can easily add more Z characters to vary as well as how add Zangya in a game of the Cell Games.
I disagree, I liked using Akkuman mainly due his Ultimate being very effective against evil characters, Kiwi, Appule and Freeza Soldier were useful to parts of the story, I could agree about General Blue though I do enjoyed that a lot of DB characters were introduced on BT3.
as well as others may like the skills of other warriors in the tournament the venom of lavender, the abolute zero of hyssop or the physiology of rubber of maji kayo
I have not denied and it as many warriors were key or gave problems in some way in the tournament in a greater or lesser extent I do not see difference because one must not be in a game and other no

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:47 pm

I haven't heard from Xbox about the Music Pack issue. So with that said has anyone heard anything about the issue? Has anyone asked Bandai's Twitter about it?

Edit: Well they know about it.
https://support.bandainamcoent.com/inde ... pack-issue
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:14 pm

GTx10 wrote:I haven't heard from Xbox about the Music Pack issue. So with that said has anyone heard anything about the issue? Has anyone asked Bandai's Twitter about it?

Edit: Well they know about it.
https://support.bandainamcoent.com/inde ... pack-issue
Still not working for me and others. I wrote to Namco Bandai EU today about this and that Kefla’s, Baby’s and music pack volume levels are lot lower than the rest of the game... Waiting for response :) I think that the update and recent DLC somehow wrecked the game :/
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:49 am

New miniatures for hero colosseum (almost all):

ultimate gohan
c-13
c-17 (super)
jiren
goku ultra instinct
metal cooler
tapion
videl
videl swimsuit
guldo
rekoom
ginew
goku ssB (standar outfit)
vegeta ssB (standar outfit)
majuub
super buu
dabura
great sayaman
majin vegeta
goku ssj

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Ya know, for all the criticism I get for criticizing the game and what they're doing, I still don't feel people see what I'm seeing. And for the ones that believe Ban/Nam won't pull anything like holding characters hostage in the next game...they just did it with Soul Calibur. They removed a staple character of the series, Tira, and locked her off with the DLC and season passes. There is no reason for this beyond pure greed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbbgVZObW8

I refuse to be optimistic about the future until they give me a reason to be. So far, that's not happening. And I can say I'm not dishing out more money on DLC when more packs are coming and they'll just slap it all together into another season pass. Instead of just putting the effort in and giving us everything in a large package, they're going to keep selling the individual bits to get as much money as possible for content that isn't worth the price they're asking.

On the note that if all these DLC characters and such are going to be in as part of the base game for XV3, then it just brings the question of; "then why should I pay for it now for an inferior product?" By this point, I don't even want to bother with getting more DLC. By next year we're going to have a Complete Edition of XV2 with all the DlC for $60. I'll gladly wait for it and get it on PC, because the PC version is now effectively the Definitive Edition for content thanks to Mods.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."