"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Grimlock wrote:Gotta love the reaction and the comments. People want XV3 to be announced right now even though they have yet to announce the 2019 major Dragon Ball game. Clearly Xenoverse 3 is for 2020. There's really no reason to announce it at this point so early, even before the 2019 game announcement. Also, they talk as if each and everyone at Dimps is busy making the DLCs and so they aren't developing XV3. Breaking news: just because they will continue making DLCs do not necessarily mean they are not developing XV3. It doesn't even make sense, Dimps is not a small company.

Anyway, pretty glad this game will continue to live on, as I said before, there are still stuff to be done in XV2. And the more this game gets things, the more they'll appear in XV3 (without having to pay) plus all the new stuff XV3 will bring.
???

The DB ARPG is the major 2019 db game...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:37 am

Gt91 wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:Xenoverse 3 dream is dead boys.
Let's wait until may. I hope they'll announce XV3.
I'm pretty sure the action RPG game will be the main DB title of 2019. XV3 may not happen until 2020 at this rate and will probably be the last DB game for the PS4 & XO before jumping to the PS5 and the 4th Xbox.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:44 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:Xenoverse 3 dream is dead boys.
Let's wait until may. I hope they'll announce XV3.
I'm pretty sure the action RPG game will be the main DB title of 2019. XV3 may not happen until 2020 at this rate and will probably be the last DB game for the PS4 & XO before jumping to the PS5 and the 4th Xbox.
You mean the XBOX One X 1 EX?

Yeah, XV3 is likely not coming for a while. If people want more Xenoverse, the DLC are the best we're going to get for now.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:02 am

More DLCs uh? Ok ...
Well, add cumber at least.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:21 am

I greatly welcome more content. Even if they go back and just add fill in some spots, like giving us Kale, Caulifla, Toppo, Dyspo, or other forms like Cells second form or SSJ Ikari Trunks (that's already a model in game)

Also, any word on Photo Mode?

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:22 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I greatly welcome more content. Even if they go back and just add fill in some spots, like giving us Kale, Caulifla, Toppo, Dyspo, or other forms like Cells second form or SSJ Ikari Trunks (that's already a model in game)

Also, any word on Photo Mode?
How are these movesets?

Kale
Guard - Blaster Meteor
Awaken - SSJ C-Type & SSJ2
Ultimate - Gigantic Impact
Ultimate 2 - Resist Blast
Super - Maximum Charge
Super 2 - Trap Shooter
Super 3 - Meteor Crash
Super 4 - Resist Cannon

Caulifla
Guard - Explosive Wave
Awaken - SSJ & SSJ2
Ultimate - Burst of Energy
Ultimate 2 - Atomic Kamehameha (Super Ch 37)
Super - Maximum Charge
Super 2 - Crush Cannon
Super 3 - Energy Fist
Super 4 - Meteor Crash

Dyspo
Guard - Light Bullet
Awaken - Super Maximum Light Speed Mode
Ultimate - Circle Flash
Ultimate 2 -Super Maximum Light Speed Justice Kick
Super - Maximum Charge
Super 2 - Justice Crush
Super 3 - Meteor Crash
Super 4 - Justice Kick

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:57 pm

If there's another year of DLC then I think we can't be any longer without Shirtless Jiren, Toppo, SS Broly/Controlled Ohzaru Broly, and some other version of Incomplete UI Goku

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Koitsukai wrote:If there's another year of DLC then I think we can't be any longer without Shirtless Jiren, Toppo, SS Broly/Controlled Ohzaru Broly, and some other version of Incomplete UI Goku
Broly (Wrathful)
Guard - Blaster Meteor
Awaken - None
Ultimate - Planet Crusher
Ultimate 2 - Gigantic Breath
Super - Maximum Charge
Super 2 - Gigantic Cluster
Super 3 - Dashing Punch
Super 4 - God Bind

SSJ God Vegeta
Guard - Explosive Wave
Awaken - None
Ultimate - Final Flash
Ultimate 2 - Super Galick Gun
Super - Maximum Charge
Super 2 - Kiai Orbs
Super 3 - Maximum Flasher
Super 4 - Meteor Crash

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Maybe kale, caulifla, toppo, ribrianne, dyspo,cumber or majuub?
In the next free updates they should add cabba ss2, vegeta ssgod and evolution (this as trasformation) ecc

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Gt91 wrote:Maybe kale, caulifla, toppo, ribrianne, dyspo,cumber or majuub?
In the next free updates they should add cabba ss2, vegeta ssgod and evolution (this as trasformation) ecc
Cumber is staying in Heroes

- - - -

If we still look at the Broly Movie, here’s some stuff we still can get from it

Broly:
Gigantic Catastrophe
Gigantic Omega Storm
Planet Crusher
Gigantic Cluster
Dashing Punch
God Bind

Goku:
God Bind
Transcendent God Kamehameha

Vegeta:
Kiai Orbs
Maximum Flasher
SSJ God Vegeta

Gogeta:
Transcendent God Kamehameha
Stardust Fall
That Blue Rush Attack & Cross arm Ki Blast

CaC Outfits:
Lemo
Cheelai
Ragged Clothes Broly
Paragus (Old Man)
Bulma

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Basically all this DLC is you paying for early access. I firmly believe all this development is going into XV3 and when they are done creating a character for that game they just release it early for XV2 and charge for it. Its genius really.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:31 pm

nato25 wrote:Basically all this DLC is you paying for early access. I firmly believe all this development is going into XV3 and when they are done creating a character for that game they just release it early for XV2 and charge for it. Its genius really.
So basically

Characters from XV2 DLC = Basic

Same Characters but in XV3 = Deluxe

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:56 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
nato25 wrote:Basically all this DLC is you paying for early access. I firmly believe all this development is going into XV3 and when they are done creating a character for that game they just release it early for XV2 and charge for it. Its genius really.
So basically

Characters from XV2 DLC = Basic

Same Characters but in XV3 = Deluxe
I think XV3 will have enough new content (story, new game modes, new CaC options etc.) to justify itself as a new game, hopefully.

If anyone remembers XV2 launch was actually incredibly underwhelming, it was way too similar to XV1 in many regards. With all the updates XV2 definitely stands on it's own now in my opinion, I'm hoping XV3 won't make those same mistakes.

You can rest assured all characters being sold here as DLC will make a reappearance in XV3. So while they make them, they release them for XV2 as well. I'm not saying XV3 won't have new characters aside from what's released for XV2, but you can bet the most popular ones will be created and sold ASAP.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:59 pm

Like Dragon Ball FighterZ, I was expecting a trailer to tease what's next... Too bad. :(
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:24 pm

I saw the teaser for Project Z. All I can say is...so it's The Legend of Goku, only in 3d. How utterly boring. Let's revisit Goku's story for the umpteenth time, and let's just make it prettier to look at.

Also still don't care about more XV2 DLC. It's a waste of money. Better to wait for an actual new installment.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:48 am

What the hell is Dimps doing? :roll: *sigh* Well...at least what they're doing is better than what Spike did with the Raging Blast games, having them all rushed and feeling the same.

I predict that one of DLC characters will be Garlic Jr. He's the ONLY playable movie character who hasn't appeared in Xenoverse yet. Oh, and Toppo too, he has a good chance.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:55 am

EXBadguy wrote:What the hell is Dimps doing? :roll: *sigh* Well...at least what they're doing is better than what Spike did with the Raging Blast games, having them all rushed and feeling the same.

I predict that one of DLC characters will be Garlic Jr. He's the ONLY playable movie character who hasn't appeared in Xenoverse yet. Oh, and Toppo too, he has a good chance.
We've yet to get Full Power Android 13 or Full Power Bojack. Although to be fair if they charged for that, I would not buy it

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:56 am

So the usual pattern for DLC characters is two popular new characters, plus some random unrelated character. We don't have any info on DBS returning yet, but maybe the game designers have been let in on what the next story will be? Alternatively, they could follow the new manga, with what appears to be the canonized Bojack storyline. Maybe there are some new characters (not Bojack himself, of course) that can be brought in.

Or...they could break away from the usual pattern and give us characters from the original Dragon Ball. Kid Goku, Master Roshi, Mercenary Tao, King Piccolo. Heck, maybe we could even get Pilaf and the gang in their combining combat robots.

If I could pick a character to fill the one random character slot, I'd like it to be either Third Form Frieza or Mecha Frieza. Second Form Cell would also be nice.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:17 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:So the usual pattern for DLC characters is two popular new characters, plus some random unrelated character. We don't have any info on DBS returning yet, but maybe the game designers have been let in on what the next story will be? Alternatively, they could follow the new manga, with what appears to be the canonized Bojack storyline. Maybe there are some new characters (not Bojack himself, of course) that can be brought in.

Or...they could break away from the usual pattern and give us characters from the original Dragon Ball. Kid Goku, Master Roshi, Mercenary Tao, King Piccolo. Heck, maybe we could even get Pilaf and the gang in their combining combat robots.

If I could pick a character to fill the one random character slot, I'd like it to be either Third Form Frieza or Mecha Frieza. Second Form Cell would also be nice.
Moro is absolutely nothing like Bojack though.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm disappointed with one of Broly's ultimate, I love the roar blast but the other one is the same the old Broly has!! and is slow as hell
He not only does not do that in the movie, he does a way cooler attack throwing two giant ki balls that make a tsunami and that attack destroys the ice stage and lava comes out.