"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 am

I kinda wish they'd have just stopped at the original DLC.

Ultra Instinct Goku, Fu, Jiren, Kefla etc should have been saved for a brand new Xenoverse 3. That would be a selling point enough to have the new characters in a new game.

Them dragging them out for what is now a two year old game where they haven't even bothered to tell the story of the Tournament of Power just seems like a massive waste.

Ideally considering how the base version of Xenoverse 2 was and the sheer amount of content that had Super provided that could have easily have sustained Xenoverse 3 but they've just chucked bits and pieces of it here and there as DLC.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:53 am

Color my surprised, I thought they'd do themes for the packs.
Bullza wrote:I kinda wish they'd have just stopped at the original DLC.

Ultra Instinct Goku, Fu, Jiren, Kefla etc should have been saved for a brand new Xenoverse 3. That would be a selling point enough to have the new characters in a new game.

Them dragging them out for what is now a two year old game where they haven't even bothered to tell the story of the Tournament of Power just seems like a massive waste.

Ideally considering how the base version of Xenoverse 2 was and the sheer amount of content that had Super provided that could have easily have sustained Xenoverse 3 but they've just chucked bits and pieces of it here and there as DLC.
If they did that we'd have fewer characters in XV3. The DLC for XV2 is budgeted separately from XV3, so this means they can have even more characters in the next game.
It's not like there will be any shortage of content for the base game of XV3 or its DLC.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:42 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:Is Kefla coming in the same pack as Baby Vegeta?

Guess we're going to get the english VA's for Kale/Caulifla soon then.

Also, pls add Baby Vegeta's moves to Vegeta and Kefla's moves to Broly in customization DIMPS. I need this.
No idea but I reckon she is since they haven't announced anybody in-between.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:49 am

I'm so torn about this. on one hand, i like seeing UI goku, Jiren,etc in XV2 and playing as them

on the other hand, potentially no XV3 until what? late 2019? Early 2020?!

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:56 am

RichardKing2 wrote:

I'm so torn about this. on one hand, i like seeing UI goku, Jiren,etc in XV2 and playing as them

on the other hand, potentially no XV3 until what? late 2019? Early 2020?!
I think late 2019.

Kefla is a great character. Her moves are awesome in the anime :D
What do you guys think about new outfits from SDBH (goku,vegeta,trunks ecc)? The could add them in the new free updates.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 am

Kafla?! Without Caulifla and Kale individually?! Seriously?! Now, how are we going to know who voices who?! *sighs* Oh well, at least we got Legends to fill up that void, when they come out.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 am

Here's Kafla. I really wanted her base form too. Oh well, hopefully she comes with Super Saiyan 2 at least...

Can't wait for possible dialogues with Vegetto, Gogeta, Gotenks and Merged Zamasu though!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:15 am

Well, that makes up for the disappointment of the Kefla wig. :D I wish we got the two of them individually instead but I'll gladly take this too.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:44 am

Finally, two interesting characters (Baby and Kefla).
I want Dyspo and Hakaishin Toppo as well now.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:46 am

Grimlock wrote:Here's Kafla. I really wanted her base form too. Oh well, hopefully she comes with Super Saiyan 2 at least...

Can't wait for possible dialogues with Vegetto, Gogeta, Gotenks and Merged Zamasu though!
She'll have none.
Xenoverse 2 sucks from that point of view.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am

I'm fine with no base form, especially in a game where the ally AI never uses awoken skills.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:08 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Finally, two interesting characters (Baby and Kefla).
I want Dyspo and Hakaishin Toppo as well now.
Dyspo would be a great addition, not that many speed-based moves in the game. His interactions with Burter would be pretty funny, too.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:15 am

Can't say I was expecting Kefla, I fully thought it'd be Baby Vegeta and Oob. She should prove pretty fun though, just hopefully we at least get some PQ's to go along with these two and not just the characters themselves. Do we have a date for them at all?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:55 am

Hopefully XV3 adds in her base form and gives her SSJ1 and 2, I'm guessing this has zero transformations.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:03 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I'm guessing this has zero transformations.
She'll probably have Ssj2 like Cell arc Gohan.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 pm

GoD Toppo next pls

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Aside from new characters and scenarios, I would like to see for once a "realistic" life/ki bar. Going SSJ recovers your health, using too much ki shortens your health. Ki should be at full at the start of a fight.

They change the bars for every game, so they could improve them and make them work like in the show.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Koitsukai wrote:Aside from new characters and scenarios, I would like to see for once a "realistic" life/ki bar. Going SSJ recovers your health, using too much ki shortens your health. Ki should be at full at the start of a fight.

They change the bars for every game, so they could improve them and make them work like in the show.
They kinda had that in Hyper Dimension and one of the Babidi's Ship modes in Budokai 2, although transforming didn't restore it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:03 pm

I wonder who will voice Kefla in the FUNimation dub. :think:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:08 pm

So it's Kefla. I was hoping for Uub so they could make some cool Baby related missions.
But Kefla is fine and understandable. Although i don't think anyone really need her base form.
One form is enough. That's not Budokai Tenkaichi. For a character that wasn't even main antagonist there is no reason for her to have more forms.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta