"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Thanos » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What's the difference between XV2 on the Switch and the other versions?
All characters (including Goku Black) are unlocked from the jump, and the XV1 story can be played.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanos wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:What's the difference between XV2 on the Switch and the other versions?
All characters (including Goku Black) are unlocked from the jump, and the XV1 story can be played.
Also docked the game runs at 900p as opposed to the 1080p of the other versions (it's not very noticeable though) and the fights run at 30fps as opposed to the 60fps of the other versions, with the exception of 1v1 battles. XV1 was 30fps as well, so if the framerate didn't bother you there it won't bother you in XV2.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:21 pm

Has anyone translated the scan yet?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Both should've been in the first game but better late than never. Hopefully we'll get more character like Bojack's transformation. I'd also like a hint at what's to come in XV3.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Apparently the scan says that like all DLC before this will come with a free update and that there's more than just these characters in the expansion.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Kanassa wrote:Apparently the scan says that like all DLC before this will come with a free update and that there's more than just these characters in the expansion.
It also says that the expansion will drop during the winter.

I think that since the expansion is about 3 times the wait of a regular DLC, we will get 3 times the content. So we will get 6 new characters, 3 new stages, 9 new PQs and an addition to the story mode that is bigger than DLC 4's story mode.

Like serious the DLC 4 story felt so long and since it left stuff open like who was causing the power ups in the U6 V U7 and Black/Future Trunks sagas I think the expansion's story will be even longer.

We'all probably get loads of new attacks and character variations. Maybe a variation of Bojack with his transformation.

I think the paid characters will be missing ones like Super Android 13, Baby Vegeta, Majuub, and someone else added on to Dabura and Buuhan. Maybe they should wait til Xenoverse 3 for more Dragon Ball Super. That way they have way more characters to use to hype people up and people can't complain about missing characters that should've been in XV1
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Are Gohan Boo and Dabra only for Switch or Switch-first? Or are they going to be available simultaneously for everyone?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:46 pm

They'll be available for everyone.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Grimlock wrote:They'll be available for everyone.
Excellent. Thank you.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

zokie

Post by zokie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 am

Hi All ,

i bought the Anison and BGM pack DLC on the Japanese Eshop , but i cannot seem to find the songs under the Conton City and Battle Music

i cannot find Steven Aoki near Orange School too

My system setting is in english language

can anyone help or advise?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Full translation of the scan if anyone's interested. Image

The Demon Twin Revolution? Dabura and Towa don't really look like twins...

Also, it mentions 'That person who shook the future'. At first I thought it was Zamasu being a mentor, but the wording of the sentence kind of implies that this person is a new playable character. Demigra?

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:46 pm

That's definitely Demigra. If it were, say, Grotesque Zamasu, I think the wording would be different to better imply that it's another version of Zamasu since he's already in the game.

It's too bad we likely won't get final form Demigra or Mira, though. It'd be a nice treat seeing as we've been... *ahem* denied them for so long.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:06 am

Lol, I just got this game for free. Bought the first one, cause I'm poor, and it didn't work, and they didn't have any copies, so they just gave me this for free.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:42 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:Lol, I just got this game for free. Bought the first one, cause I'm poor, and it didn't work, and they didn't have any copies, so they just gave me this for free.
Lol, good for you bro :clap:
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 am

So according to the scan, we are getting DLC and free update in the fall and winter. And the DLC in the winter wil have a HUGE free update.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:28 am

Loving the game on switch so far, will be playing this for a while! :D

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:32 am

I haven't bought a single one of these DLC packs nor have any intention of doing so but I'm glad they're adding more characters because if it was anything like with this one then Xenoverse 3 should include all of these DLC characters into the main game.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:13 am

Have they put in any Dragon Ball characters yet ? Or has it just been Super ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:47 pm

I've been hearing that Xenoverse is getting 30 min of TGS time for the Switch. Anyone know if that's true? Apparently on the 24

Also, English switch trailer has some pictures of Buu and Dabura

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Kanassa wrote:I've been hearing that Xenoverse is getting 30 min of TGS time for the Switch. Anyone know if that's true? Apparently on the 24

Also, English switch trailer has some pictures of Buu and Dabura
You are right. I researched this morning and apparently Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch s getting a stage, the game will be playable, there will be a livestream, and best of all a trailer.

I hope the trailer reveals some expansion stuff.