"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:56 pm

My problem lies with the Hero Colosseum. Now I have to beat Gokuu AND Hit in one story part. But either I have a team, that I can use against Gokuu and fail spectacular against Hit afterwards or it is the other way around, and I can't even reach Hit because a deck that is useful against him doesn't work on Gokuu. I already leveled my figures and limit break and everything. I even tried the Vegeta Blue Cheese tactic, but even that won't help. And I thought Vados was annoying but the just drops dead on the first turn now with said Vegeta Blue Cheese Tactic.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Nia wrote:I don't think they have hand pieces.

As for the Power Rush thing, is there any reason you can't do it online? It's a LOT easier when partnered with other players.
Sweet, I'm pretty close to being done with those then. I didn't think the Tuxedo would, but for the Wedding Dress I wasn't sure if it would have like those long sleeve things some wedding dresses have.

Unfortunately, I can't play online, no PS Plus. I'm stuck doing it all on my own. :crazy: But if I can just get the skill, I'll never have to play that PQ ever again, even if I wanted to try and Z rank everything (cuz even having Z Ranked it multiple times, it's never dropped, bah).
Yeah, the sleeves are part of the top, much like the Zangya outfit, so you're good to go there. :thumbup:

I wish you luck with Power Rush. I was fortunate and got everything to drop on my third try (once solo, where I made it to the final 3 opponents but got butchered, and then two times online where nothing dropped and then everything dropped all at once).

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Xaroc wrote:My problem lies with the Hero Colosseum. Now I have to beat Gokuu AND Hit in one story part. But either I have a team, that I can use against Gokuu and fail spectacular against Hit afterwards or it is the other way around, and I can't even reach Hit because a deck that is useful against him doesn't work on Gokuu. I already leveled my figures and limit break and everything. I even tried the Vegeta Blue Cheese tactic, but even that won't help. And I thought Vados was annoying but the just drops dead on the first turn now with said Vegeta Blue Cheese Tactic.
Yeah, that part was hard but i suggest you this deck *spoiler about a 7 star battle *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmnZ5ZRunVQ

with this deck you can easily win in every battle.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Anyone have the release dates for the alternate costumes? I can't find them & I know someone posted them several pages back.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Gt91 wrote:
Xaroc wrote:My problem lies with the Hero Colosseum. Now I have to beat Gokuu AND Hit in one story part. But either I have a team, that I can use against Gokuu and fail spectacular against Hit afterwards or it is the other way around, and I can't even reach Hit because a deck that is useful against him doesn't work on Gokuu. I already leveled my figures and limit break and everything. I even tried the Vegeta Blue Cheese tactic, but even that won't help. And I thought Vados was annoying but the just drops dead on the first turn now with said Vegeta Blue Cheese Tactic.
Yeah, that part was hard but i suggest you this deck *spoiler about a 7 star battle *

Nope. Tried that as well. Maybe I just suck at this game. The enemy always seems to know, what I put on the field and when. Whenever I try a certain formation he only plays formations that counter me perfectly. And he only plays different if I change my formations. Oh and the best part is, he always gets the 300%, while I don't even have something with 200% or more in the list to choose from. So even if I outspeed him in general, that factor screws it up. But thanks anyway. :)

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Scsigs wrote:Anyone have the release dates for the alternate costumes? I can't find them & I know someone posted them several pages back.
Here you go.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:13 pm

FINALLY got 'Power Impact' to drop, and immediately after got the tops for the Wedding Dress and Tuxedo outfits - apparently the game decided enough was enough and took pity on me finally. :lol:

My next mission is going to be grinding for TP medals to unlock all the options for each of the mentors. Does anyone know if that carries over between characters, like skills do (as in, I unlock all the options for say Goku with my male Saiyan, and all of those options are available for Goku as a mentor on my female Saiyan time patroller)? Or are they where you'd have to re-unlock them with every character you want to have access to them?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:FINALLY got 'Power Impact' to drop, and immediately after got the tops for the Wedding Dress and Tuxedo outfits - apparently the game decided enough was enough and took pity on me finally. :lol:

My next mission is going to be grinding for TP medals to unlock all the options for each of the mentors. Does anyone know if that carries over between characters, like skills do (as in, I unlock all the options for say Goku with my male Saiyan, and all of those options are available for Goku as a mentor on my female Saiyan time patroller)? Or are they where you'd have to re-unlock them with every character you want to have access to them?
Gratz on finally getting your skill!

And you only need to buy mentor stuff on one character; it'll become unlocked for all CACs. The mentors themselves will still be locked until you meet them and you'll have to recustomize them, but you won't have to spend any more TP medals.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Sweet, that'll make things really easy when I get to setting up the other characters even more properly then. Thanks!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Nia wrote:
Scsigs wrote:Anyone have the release dates for the alternate costumes? I can't find them & I know someone posted them several pages back.
Here you go.
Cool. What is the source on these, just so I know.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Nia wrote:
Here you go.
Cool. What is the source on these, just so I know.
Not sure where this image originates from right off hand, since someone had previously linked it to me elsewhere. But I can confirm this information is legit since it's available on the Japanese XV2 website under the upcoming events.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:FINALLY got 'Power Impact' to drop, and immediately after got the tops for the Wedding Dress and Tuxedo outfits - apparently the game decided enough was enough and took pity on me finally. :lol:

It transfers over to another cac. However you'll have to recolor and reset their stats and moves. (Example: Your Namekian has a green Goku with Divine Lasso. So now your Saiyan will have everything unlocked for Goku but you'll have to make him green again and equip him with Divine Lasso again)
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Meditation is fairly busted. You now make a build investing no points into ki, and have a QQ Bang of -5 Ki, and still get a temporary 10 bars.

Plus, Power Impact on a male Earthling at Max Strike Super with QQ Bang +5 is absolutely disgusting. I'm casually one shotting enemeies with health in the green

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:06 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Meditation is fairly busted. You now make a build investing no points into ki, and have a QQ Bang of -5 Ki, and still get a temporary 10 bars.

Plus, Power Impact on a male Earthling at Max Strike Super with QQ Bang +5 is absolutely disgusting. I'm casually one shotting enemeies with health in the green
Meditation also works to counter the drain on SSJ Blue as well. It won't slowly increase your Ki, but it won't drain either.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Power Impact on a male Earthling at Max Strike Super with QQ Bang +5 is absolutely disgusting. I'm casually one shotting enemeies with health in the green
If you have a female Majin with the same build as this Earthling, plus Champa's Super Soul ("You're Just Pieces In A Game"), the Fighting Pose that increases strike supers, and an active Limit Burst, you can easily do 30k damage with Power Rush. It's insane.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:30 am

Man, I finally managed to beat Hit. His annoying Gokuu that reduces my Ultimate Attack Gauge by 15% every turn. But even with the "4 Gohans, 1 Trunks" - Cheese Deck I managed to beat him. It was risky though. I had to place Trunks alone first, hoping he would place Gokuu in the middle backrow and hope that Trunks counterattacks so I can take him out first turn. Afterwards it's just using Gohan to fill my Gauge and when it is full order Trunks to plant his foot into his purple face. So satisfying.

Edit.: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just managed to beat the final story boss and during the cutscenes afterwards my Internet died and the game kicked me back to the title screen! Nonononononononono NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111eleven

Edit.2: Uff, the game still sees the final story as completed. Thank the Goddess. But I don't wanna do that again, just to watch the cutscenes that I missed (I already Z-ranked it). But luckily there's still YouTube.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 am

Xaroc wrote:
Gt91 wrote:

Nope. Tried that as well. Maybe I just suck at this game. The enemy always seems to know, what I put on the field and when. Whenever I try a certain formation he only plays formations that counter me perfectly. And he only plays different if I change my formations. Oh and the best part is, he always gets the 300%, while I don't even have something with 200% or more in the list to choose from. So even if I outspeed him in general, that factor screws it up. But thanks anyway. :)
I know, they are hard ... don't give up, restart if you see that you can't win and try again :)
What's your deck? Maybe i can help you :)

p.s. i just saw your post, good for you xD

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Xaroc wrote:Man, I finally managed to beat Hit. His annoying Gokuu that reduces my Ultimate Attack Gauge by 15% every turn. But even with the "4 Gohans, 1 Trunks" - Cheese Deck I managed to beat him. It was risky though. I had to place Trunks alone first, hoping he would place Gokuu in the middle backrow and hope that Trunks counterattacks so I can take him out first turn. Afterwards it's just using Gohan to fill my Gauge and when it is full order Trunks to plant his foot into his purple face. So satisfying.

Edit.: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just managed to beat the final story boss and during the cutscenes afterwards my Internet died and the game kicked me back to the title screen! Nonononononononono NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111eleven

Edit.2: Uff, the game still sees the final story as completed. Thank the Goddess. But I don't wanna do that again, just to watch the cutscenes that I missed (I already Z-ranked it). But luckily there's still YouTube.
Man i was in a very similar boat, hitting a huge wall here.

I actually got really hooked on trying to beat it at a low level. I just didnt want to invest anymore time or medals than I had to. Seriously played for like 6 hours yesterday. I beat ssgss goku last night, only limit breaking one card (i was very lucky to get ssgss vegeta as my first UR) and having 4 urs total by the end of it all, none of which even passed level 50 except for ssgss vegeta.

That gohan ultimate attack strat really helped for all the final battles. I also got lucky a few times on the speed rolls where they would finally not have a 300% or miss it.

Its been fun hero colleseum but i cant say i want you to come back. You somehow managed to be even more of a grind than the main game with all the chips and high tp cost and for some reason figure exp is given out wayyyy too slowly. Why dont the figures in battle at least earn some?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:21 pm

nato25 wrote:
Xaroc wrote:Man, I finally managed to beat Hit. His annoying Gokuu that reduces my Ultimate Attack Gauge by 15% every turn. But even with the "4 Gohans, 1 Trunks" - Cheese Deck I managed to beat him. It was risky though. I had to place Trunks alone first, hoping he would place Gokuu in the middle backrow and hope that Trunks counterattacks so I can take him out first turn. Afterwards it's just using Gohan to fill my Gauge and when it is full order Trunks to plant his foot into his purple face. So satisfying.

Man i was in a very similar boat, hitting a huge wall here.

I actually got really hooked on trying to beat it at a low level. I just didnt want to invest anymore time or medals than I had to. Seriously played for like 6 hours yesterday. I beat ssgss goku last night, only limit breaking one card (i was very lucky to get ssgss vegeta as my first UR) and having 4 urs total by the end of it all, none of which even passed level 50 except for ssgss vegeta.

That gohan ultimate attack strat really helped for all the final battles. I also got lucky a few times on the speed rolls where they would finally not have a 300% or miss it.

Its been fun hero colleseum but i cant say i want you to come back. You somehow managed to be even more of a grind than the main game with all the chips and high tp cost and for some reason figure exp is given out wayyyy too slowly. Why dont the figures in battle at least earn some?
I hear ya, but finally it's done. All story mode battles AND all free battles done. It's over. I've got that trophy (Only a bronze for all that?! Double-U Tea Eff!?!) and never have to play it again. Well, unless I really wanna play for some reason again.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:35 pm

I just hate when you are down to needing a few models but you'll never get them, wish it had a system like fighterz where you can guarantee a figure you ain't got yet....

Edit: Figure exp ain't so bad if you recycle figures, but master xp is bloody hard to come by!
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.