"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:Plus give The Saiyan Mentors who don’t have SSJ the SSJ Skill (at least up to SSJ2 maybe)
I don't mind this not happening, simply because that would require giving characters like Raditz and maybe Turles new models, while Nappa's is just a color change since he's bald with a moustache. It's more work than simply adding a move to a character. Unless you don't mind Raditz just looking Super Saiyan 3 with eyebrows, which I'm sure a lot of people would mind.
Ok then

I know some people would like it and some wouldn’t

Dimps will most likely not do it because they want to focus elsewhere for the DLC

But if Raditz was given SSJ3, it mainly be a reference to what happen in Super DragonBall Heroes

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:Plus give The Saiyan Mentors who don’t have SSJ the SSJ Skill (at least up to SSJ2 maybe)
I don't mind this not happening, simply because that would require giving characters like Raditz and maybe Turles new models, while Nappa's is just a color change since he's bald with a moustache. It's more work than simply adding a move to a character. Unless you don't mind Raditz just looking Super Saiyan 3 with eyebrows, which I'm sure a lot of people would mind.
While you can certainly make that argument for Raditz, I don't see why they couldn't just use the SSJ Goku hair model for Tullece.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Not every Saiyan needs to be able to go Super Saiyan. Dragon Ball Heroes goes WAY overboard with its Super Saiyan 4 Broly, Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta, Super Saiyan 3 Raditz, Super Saiyan 4 Gohan. Heroes is basically all about fan service. I believe Toriyama said in an interview recently that Saiyans had S-Cells, and only those with enough S-Cells could go Super. Basically midichlorians, but for Saiyans. So making every random Saiyan a Super Saiyan is like taking Han Solo and turning him into a Jedi. However, it is implied that S-Cells are passed down through offspring, so Goku and Vegeta's families are good Super Saiyan candidates. It is conceivable that Raditz could have a similar S-Cell concentration as his brother, especially since Bardock was already given Super Saiyan transformations in Xenoverse, but that isn't guaranteed.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:13 am

Nia wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:
While you can certainly make that argument for Raditz, I don't see why they couldn't just use the SSJ Goku hair model for Tullece.
That's why I said "maybe", but Turles does technically have hair that's different/messier (though similar) from Goku and Bardock, so I assume his Super Saiyan might look different too.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Nia wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote: I don't mind this not happening, simply because that would require giving characters like Raditz and maybe Turles new models, while Nappa's is just a color change since he's bald with a moustache. It's more work than simply adding a move to a character. Unless you don't mind Raditz just looking Super Saiyan 3 with eyebrows, which I'm sure a lot of people would mind.
That's why I said "maybe", but Turles does technically have hair that's different/messier (though similar) from Goku and Bardock, so I assume his Super Saiyan might look different too.
They probably do 1 of 2 things

1 - just copy and paste Goku’s SSJ Hair

2 - Copy and Paste Rośe Black’s Hair after changing its color to the usual SSJ color

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:28 am

I still like to have Super Yi Xing Long as a mentor because it would be cool to have the Shadow Dragons move sets. In the Infinite History mode, he can easily have some fun interactions with other characters. I do think Baby Vegeta is more likely as a mentor though.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:33 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I still like to have Super Yi Xing Long as a mentor because it would be cool to have the Shadow Dragons move sets. In the Infinite History mode, he can easily have some fun interactions with other characters. I do think Baby Vegeta is more likely as a mentor though.
The only way Omega would become a mentor now is if he got a new variant with fresh new Moves like

Demon Death Ball
Omega Blow
Dragonic Rage
Desperation Break

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:14 am

I really hope we get a parallel quest where Baby and Black team up, it'd be fun to hear the dialogue.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:03 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: I do think Baby Vegeta is more likely as a mentor though.
It would be hilarious for Baby to be a mentor of saiyan race.
Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if Baby Vegeta will have any special interactions with other characters?
Outside of GT Goku, Trunks, Pan and SSJ4 Vegeta i can see him having fun dialogues with:
-Goku Black (about stealing saiyan body)
-Frieza (about hating saiyans)
-Super 17 (about being Dr. Myuu's new toy)
-Adult Gohan (about having a good body to control)
-Satan (about being strongest person on Earth)
-SSJB Goku (about another monkey transformation)

Seeing Full Power Energy Wave as ultimate is disappointing. Baby has more moves than that. Revenge Final Flash should be Ultimate since it's the attack he used against Uub and in Super just put this one (even though it was performed by his first form):
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 am

This is 100% not gonna happen but I would love for GT Gohan and GT Goten to appear for this DLC. If that would happen I’m 100% sold.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:This is 100% not gonna happen but I would love for GT Gohan and GT Goten to appear for this DLC. If that would happen I’m 100% sold.
Not likely, especially Goten. There are more important characters, like Rildo. Even though RoF Gohan for some dumb reason appeared. They could release GT Gohan as a skin for adult Gohan and it would be fine honestly. Not even mentioning Uub and base/SSJ Vegeta that should appear in the first place if more GT characers are meant to be released.

Anyway, i wonder if they'll make Baby say "Big Bang Attack" when using Revenge Final Flash?
That would be cool.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:10 pm

I can't believe they're still making DLC for this.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Bullza wrote:I can't believe they're still making DLC for this.
No complaints here. And we're FINALLY getting Baby Vegeta. A character that should have been in the original Xenoverse.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Bullza wrote:I can't believe they're still making DLC for this.
Most supported anime game of all time. The producers promised half a year of support and we have gotten a year and a half of support (I think) and more coming.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:11 pm

You think they'd be working on Xenoverse 3 by now.

That game had numerous flaws of which the roster wasn't really one of them. I'd rather they make a new game and give a proper overall then still focus on this.

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Evening everybody. Does anyone still play Xenoverse 2 for PS4? I'm looking for new friends to play with especially since DLC 7 is coming out.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:45 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:This is 100% not gonna happen but I would love for GT Gohan and GT Goten to appear for this DLC. If that would happen I’m 100% sold.
Not likely, especially Goten. There are more important characters, like Rildo. Even though RoF Gohan for some dumb reason appeared. They could release GT Gohan as a skin for adult Gohan and it would be fine honestly. Not even mentioning Uub and base/SSJ Vegeta that should appear in the first place if more GT characers are meant to be released.

Anyway, i wonder if they'll make Baby say "Big Bang Attack" when using Revenge Final Flash?
That would be cool.
Yeah, like I said I know it's 100% not happening.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:46 pm

Dreamer wrote:Evening everybody. Does anyone still play Xenoverse 2 for PS4? I'm looking for new friends to play with especially since DLC 7 is coming out.
I'm on PS4 but haven't played in a while. i'll probably pick it up again when the dlc drops.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:20 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Dragon Ball Heroes goes WAY overboard with its Super Saiyan 4 Broly, Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta, Super Saiyan 3 Raditz, Super Saiyan 4 Gohan. Heroes is basically all about fan service. I believe Toriyama said in an interview recently that Saiyans had S-Cells, and only those with enough S-Cells could go Super. Basically midichlorians, but for Saiyans. So making every random Saiyan a Super Saiyan is like taking Han Solo and turning him into a Jedi.
Or, you know, Heroes is about what-if concepts and now that there is a clarification about how to attain Super Saiyan forms, Heroes is just using that explanation: "What-if Raditz and Nappa had S-Cells enough to go Super Saiyan (3)?". Vegeta, at this point, can achieve Super Saiyan 3 no matter what, so no discussion about that. Also, both GT Gohan and Broly can perfectly achieve Super Saiyan 4 as well.

It's not that hard to figure Heroes' premise, it's a really simple game with a very simple idea/principle. In other words, if someone someday decides to start making what-if for Star Wars, you bet Han Solo will become a Jedi.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:57 am

ZeroDio wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:
Nia wrote:
They probably do 1 of 2 things

1 - just copy and paste Goku’s SSJ Hair

2 - Copy and Paste Rośe Black’s Hair after changing its color to the usual SSJ color
Or my idea, since he has two tiny devil horns on his head that goku doesnt, turn two of his bangs up ward to look like horns at the front