"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Kanassa wrote:What are we expecting from V-Jump this time?
Probably a reveal of Broly (Super) as i bet they would like to hold off on having to spoiler Gogeta for as long as possible
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Are we expecting anything this month? I think at best we might get a first tease of Broly 2.0.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:53 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Are we expecting anything this month? I think at best we might get a first tease of Broly 2.0.
We will get something, but it will most likely be related to more figures
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 am

Just ordered this game off Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow. I went on a weird route where I've been playing Dragon Quest XI which put me in a Toriyama mood and got me back into DB again, but now I'm really behind with Xenoverse 2 since I'm sure everyone else has played it to death.

I'm just wondering, I heard they improved on the grind of the first game by making item drops less random - but how reliable is it? How many times do you tend to have to redo a mission to get the thing you wanted?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:34 am

Teclo wrote:Just ordered this game off Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow. I went on a weird route where I've been playing Dragon Quest XI which put me in a Toriyama mood and got me back into DB again, but now I'm really behind with Xenoverse 2 since I'm sure everyone else has played it to death.

I'm just wondering, I heard they improved on the grind of the first game by making item drops less random - but how reliable is it? How many times do you tend to have to redo a mission to get the thing you wanted?
Well, sometimes it drops instantly, at other times I'd say it takes 3 to 5 times. Of course you can get unlucky and it takes over 10 times (but that's rare for me) since it's still random after all, but not as bad anymore. And at least now when you hit the secret conditions the additinal parts for the Ultimate Finish trigger to 100%, so it's less of a gamble than in XV1.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:52 pm

I still can't believe we never got shirtless Jiren or an upgraded version of UI, or Omen.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:07 pm

Teclo wrote:Just ordered this game off Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow. I went on a weird route where I've been playing Dragon Quest XI which put me in a Toriyama mood and got me back into DB again, but now I'm really behind with Xenoverse 2 since I'm sure everyone else has played it to death.

Definitely much less of a grind (for the most part). Unless you're trying to get Gigantic Burst in the most recent DLC; that skill will drive you insane waiting for it to drop. :crazy:
Jokes aside though, there really is a lot less grinding overall. As Xaroc said, sometimes you can get unlucky, but usually it won't be too insane.
Also, if you're getting it on PS4, don't worry about being behind. It's still pretty active online (can't speak for the other systems, though), and even without other players you can do most of the content with AI partners.
Hope you enjoy it!

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:07 pm

So a New Thing Popped Up in the XV2 SteamDB DLC Page yesterday

https://steamdb.info/app/454650/dlc/

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:23 am

ZeroDio wrote:So a New Thing Popped Up in the XV2 SteamDB DLC Page yesterday

We'll probably have to wait for hackers (or data mining) to figure out what's it for.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:39 pm

sintzu wrote:

We'll probably have to wait for hackers (or data mining) to figure out what's it for.
New story mode chapters? The Future Trunks ending was pretty good, better than even the anime version in its own way. But with Kefla, Jiren, and Goku Ultra Instinct, it just seems like the next story mode will either be ToP or more crossovers with the multiverse as a whole.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:New story mode chapters? The Future Trunks ending was pretty good, better than even the anime version in its own way. But with Kefla, Jiren, and Goku Ultra Instinct, it just seems like the next story mode will either be ToP or more crossovers with the multiverse as a whole.
Not sure the ToP would really work in this game. Unless you got rid of flying (which would take some real adjustments to the fighting mechanics), the stage would basically be a re-skin of Kami's Lookout. And it's not really the sort of event you can tamper with since Zeno and the Grand Priest are right there observing. They might do some Broly story though.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Are we still supposed to be getting any more songs to the Anime Music Pack? I've seen the instrumental version of Ultimate Battle uploaded to YouTube supposedly from the Xenoverse 2 files

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
sintzu wrote:

New story mode chapters? The Future Trunks ending was pretty good, better than even the anime version in its own way. But with Kefla, Jiren, and Goku Ultra Instinct, it just seems like the next story mode will either be ToP or more crossovers with the multiverse as a whole.
Every even-numbered DLC has been the story one so far with the odd numbers setting the foundation. Hope it's more Infinite History-style missions
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:32 am

Hopefully the next DLC brings Bardock's outfit from Dragon Ball Minus as well, though I don't like it that much, I'd prefer it to be there, just like Time Breaker Bardock should have an alternate outfit for the partially broken mask too.

Luckily enough we also get Super Saiyan God Vegeta too.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Grimlock wrote:Luckily enough we also get Super Saiyan God Vegeta too.
The only 2 characters found in the files were Broly and Gogeta so we'll probably have to wait till XV3 for SsjG Vegeta which hopefully won't be that long.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:43 am

Still really triggered that there aren't enough slots to buy all the figures....

Hoping next update changes that.

They are throwing away money from whales who buy to medals (not me I farm) who would collect them all of o could, they have no reason not to do this.

Can someone (who is fluent) do the community a favour and maybe tweet in Japanese to Dimps or whatever? Western fans aren't listened to (see raid times and announcements) If they don't do it in the next (last?) Update they probably never will so time is of the essence...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:15 am

Jiren's base attack still needs to tweeked up. Especially since his ultimate, which did quite a bit before the last update, got heavily nerfed. He is playable on the higher difficulties, but the lack of base damage really holds him back. Making it hard to complete missions on time. Or even a Super Soul that buffs his stats or something.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:06 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Jiren's base attack still needs to tweeked up. Especially since his ultimate, which did quite a bit before the last update, got heavily nerfed. He is playable on the higher difficulties, but the lack of base damage really holds him back. Making it hard to complete missions on time. Or even a Super Soul that buffs his stats or something.
Yeah, it wouldn't be a bad idea to lower some other stat (maybe Ki Supers or stamina) in favor of buffing his basic attack a bit, considering his skills, barring Power Rush, don't pack a whole lot of damage even at their peak (i.e. CAC builds that max them out).

Speaking of Power Rush, I think it should have remained a one-shot move since it came out. It requires 10 ki bars and removes all your buffs (not just Meditation if you use it, but fighting poses and any other power up skills too), so for it to only do... 14k damage nowadays? That feels like a ripoff to me. If Jiren himself is built around setting up that move (hence his aforementioned low basic attack), might as well have the move actually worth the setup!

On a related note, Godly Display (Ultra Instinct Gokū's ultimate) got a nerf in the most recent update as well, which was pretty unnecessary in my opinion. He's quite hard to maintain both offline and online, but that ultimate was a good way to get a payoff out of the... rather careful playstyle you're more or less forced to take on as him. Above all, it's not even available for CACs, so it makes even less sense to nerf it.

Anyway, as for this bit:
Or even a Super Soul that buffs his stats or something.
This could work if we got some kind of update that adds some missing Super costumes, even with some new skills and Super Souls. Namely, a shirtless Jiren (with a more series-accurate moveset); along with a halo costume for Golden Freeza (throw in one for his final form too), #18's tracksuit, maybe a bangless Gohan, definitely a new Cabba with Super Saiyan 2... and above all, an Ultra Instinct Omen variation for UI Gokū.
(Also, Super Saiyan for ROF Gokū and Vegeta? Please? :D)

All that is honestly a huge stretch, but I do think it's something that at least could be done without taking away from XV3; unlike, say, possible Tournament of Power or DBS Broli story additions, or some of the "missing" characters (like Caulifla and Kale or mid-forms for Freeza and Cell).

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:23 pm

What do you all think the story mode will be if we get one.

Far too many characters to do a viable ToP.

I really really hope legend patrol is bundled in but I doubt it.

Probably just more random scenarios for the fu missions. Maybe a tease for XV 3.

Hopefully an extension to how many models you can store on the Colosseum.

My wishlist:

Colosseum storage expansion.
Chaozu
Minus Bardock
More mentor customisations better stats on mentors.
More story mode/explaining super trunks vs xeno trunks/current definitive timelines explanation.
Why no extra Towas and Mira's but extra dabras across the timelines....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:56 pm

TobyS wrote:What do you all think the story mode will be if we get one.

Far too many characters to do a viable ToP.

I really really hope legend patrol is bundled in but I doubt it.

Probably just more random scenarios for the fu missions. Maybe a tease for XV 3.

Hopefully an extension to how many models you can store on the Colosseum.

My wishlist:

Colosseum storage expansion.
Chaozu
Minus Bardock
More mentor customisations better stats on mentors.
More story mode/explaining super trunks vs xeno trunks/current definitive timelines explanation.
Why no extra Towas and Mira's but extra dabras across the timelines....
It will probably be an original story using the new Broly and Gogeta. Probably something involving Fu screwing around with the timeline. We might get an answer to what happened to Bardock at the end of the main quests, but it would be the TV special Bardock rather than the Broly Movie / Minus Bardock. Since the game will likely only include one form for Broly, they'll have to pad out the story somehow so we're not fighting the same Broly over and over.