"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Soccerjam » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:58 am

Anyone's blood boil when the starting punch to the x20 Kaio-Ken Kamehameha Wave goes over the opponent's head. It sometimes happens so they better fix that ****! :evil:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Soccerjam wrote:Anyone's blood boil when the starting punch to the x20 Kaio-Ken Kamehameha Wave goes over the opponent's head. It sometimes happens so they better fix that ****! :evil:
Happens to me too. And I seem to miss the actual wave every time.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Have they fixed the game breaking slow-mo bug yet?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Soccerjam wrote:Anyone's blood boil when the starting punch to the x20 Kaio-Ken Kamehameha Wave goes over the opponent's head. It sometimes happens so they better fix that ****! :evil:
The move sucks compare to other 500 ki ults anyways. Final Kamehameha, Dragon Fist, Cooler Supernova, etc. All of them put the Kaio-Ken X20 KMHMH to shame.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
The move sucks compare to other 500 ki ults anyways. Final Kamehameha, Dragon Fist, Cooler Supernova, etc. All of them put the Kaio-Ken X20 KMHMH to shame.
I'd add the "regular" Super Kamehame Ha to that (yes, I know it's not a 500 Ki move). Sometimes I get the feeling it's even way more effective than the Final Kamehame Ha, because Final has first "continuous" damage followed by a single big "explosive" damage (I don't really know how to depict it) while the Super Kamehame Ha seems to do "continuous" damage, a small "explosive" damage, followed by another "continuous" damage sequence. At least that happened when I used it against Oozaru Bebi. Super did actually do more damage to him than Final, although it needs less Ki. I could be wrong though.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

RedShift
Beyond Newbie

Post by RedShift » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:42 am

Yeah, KK x20 Kamehameha is probably the most unreliable ultimate you can use. Even if by some miracle you do land the whole thing it still doesn't do as much damage as the other 5 Ki ultimates.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:50 am

You know for being a game I love I have some REALLY big misgivings about the plot, and the obvious lack of effort put into it. Besides being a lazy half ass re-re-re-re-retread of the plot.

I also never actually cared about Trunks-sue, for being a massive idiotic klutz, and the fact that a moment in the story made me want black Goku to beat him to death, to save me from listening to his 'dialogue' ever. Again. supreme bore of time, this character right here, is-is a joke and a figure head that doesn't actually do anything, except sprout exposition make some jokes about how bad her food is, she also breaks the rules for Trunks at the end of the game because she's a massive hypocrite and she's ugly.

(I'm Gonna break this rant up, so your eyes don't implode)

dumb audience surrogate, that hides in the skin of elder Kai is the worst out of everything, because he doesn't have anything redeemable about him, he isn't funny, and he dosen't have any bearing on the plot.

I also despise the villains for being such pathetic fucking jokes, in game play, story wise, and character wise their fine.

But there so easy in game that whenever they hype up Mira as your-your 'rival' you just roll your eyes, because your giving this loser the L

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 am

For sure man the plot is weak af. As many people will tell you the only redeemable part of the story is when Trunks gets to remeet with Future Gohan. How they pulled that scene off so perfectly when it's surrounded by such terribleness is a miracle.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:38 pm

nato25 wrote:For sure man the plot is weak af. As many people will tell you the only redeemable part of the story is when Trunks gets to remeet with Future Gohan. How they pulled that scene off so perfectly when it's surrounded by such terribleness is a miracle.
They hyped that scene in the trailers up because it was the only good part of the story :lol:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Dose anyone else hope that in XV3 we'll get the dark dragon balls and their respective villain hosts?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Dose anyone else hope that in XV3 we'll get the dark dragon balls and their respective villain hosts?
Anything that changes from the usual story is good for me. But I have a feeling XV3 will be really lazy in adding new stuff just like XV2 is.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Dose anyone else hope that in XV3 we'll get the dark dragon balls and their respective villain hosts?
Anything that changes from the usual story is good for me. But I have a feeling XV3 will be really lazy in adding new stuff just like XV2 is.
Nah, I don't think so. They already said that they would take more time making the next installation. I have my gripes about the game, but I really do enjoy playing. I think XV2 is a vast improvement over the first one. I compare it to the Budokai series. Budokai one was great because it was the first DBZ game on the PS2. Then when Budokai 2 came out, it was amazing how bad it made the first one look, and then there was Budokai 3... Now we all know how much of a gap it was between B1 and B3. I think XV will follow that same path. The gap between XV1 and XV2 is much bigger than a lot of people realize; there is SO much more we can do in this game compared to the first one. Now if DIMPS can improve XV3 to the same extent they improved B3, then I think we're in for a great game. I do hear you on the story though. IT was pretty lackluster and I felt like I was more rushing to get it over with to get to the other content as opposed to actually enjoying it.

I do wish match making and question was a little easier. I love playing with other players but usually find myself playing offline quests with CPUs because the time it takes to get into a good lobby. Really hoping that they expand the MMO aspect in the next game and add clans/guilds. Maybe a good/evil system where you choose to roll with SKOT or Towa. I've said it before, I think they need to follow the Destiny model. What I mean by that is that Destiny is an FPS that adopted its own unique MMO model. XV can do the same thing for as a hybrid fighting game. The main thing I would like them to do is make everything multiplayer, including the story. They've built this whole world of time patrollers, yet our CaC and trunks are the only ones fixing history. Taking the story mode from single player to multiplayer would add so much more to the game.

Let's also keep in mind that DIMPS is really trying hard to appease the fan base and we all know how difficult that is, especially when it comes to DB fans.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:28 pm

dualist wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Nah, I don't think so. They already said that they would take more time making the next installation. I have my gripes about the game, but I really do enjoy playing. I think XV2 is a vast improvement over the first one. I compare it to the Budokai series. Budokai one was great because it was the first DBZ game on the PS2. Then when Budokai 2 came out, it was amazing how bad it made the first one look, and then there was Budokai 3... Now we all know how much of a gap it was between B1 and B3. I think XV will follow that same path. The gap between XV1 and XV2 is much bigger than a lot of people realize; there is SO much more we can do in this game compared to the first one. Now if DIMPS can improve XV3 to the same extent they improved B3, then I think we're in for a great game. I do hear you on the story though. IT was pretty lackluster and I felt like I was more rushing to get it over with to get to the other content as opposed to actually enjoying it.

I do wish match making and question was a little easier. I love playing with other players but usually find myself playing offline quests with CPUs because the time it takes to get into a good lobby. Really hoping that they expand the MMO aspect in the next game and add clans/guilds. Maybe a good/evil system where you choose to roll with SKOT or Towa. I've said it before, I think they need to follow the Destiny model. What I mean by that is that Destiny is an FPS that adopted its own unique MMO model. XV can do the same thing for as a hybrid fighting game. The main thing I would like them to do is make everything multiplayer, including the story. They've built this whole world of time patrollers, yet our CaC and trunks are the only ones fixing history. Taking the story mode from single player to multiplayer would add so much more to the game.

Let's also keep in mind that DIMPS is really trying hard to appease the fan base and we all know how difficult that is, especially when it comes to DB fans.
After playing this game and its side quests I agree we need some sort of mortality system, I'd love to quite the time patrol and join the Demon World.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:37 pm

I think if xv1 and xv2 were merged into the same game people would tout it as one of the best dbz games of all time. But because xv2 only built marginally on xv1 and xv1 was only good and not great it takes a lot away from how good xv2 is.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:01 pm

nato25 wrote:I think if xv1 and xv2 were merged into the same game people would tout it as one of the best dbz games of all time. But because xv2 only built marginally on xv1 and xv1 was only good and not great it takes a lot away from how good xv2 is.
I don't know, bro. It's hard to say that they only built marginally on XV1. I think the improvement between XV1 and XV2 was huge as far as additional content was concerned. And they fixed a lot of gameplay issues that were complained about from the first 1. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. But I don't have much to complain about outside of story when it comes to XV2
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 pm

dualist wrote:
nato25 wrote:I think if xv1 and xv2 were merged into the same game people would tout it as one of the best dbz games of all time. But because xv2 only built marginally on xv1 and xv1 was only good and not great it takes a lot away from how good xv2 is.
I don't know, bro. It's hard to say that they only built marginally on XV1. I think the improvement between XV1 and XV2 was huge as far as additional content was concerned. And they fixed a lot of gameplay issues that were complained about from the first 1. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. But I don't have much to complain about outside of story when it comes to XV2
Stamina is my biggest issue. That should be scrapped altogether or heavily redone

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
dualist wrote:
Stamina is my biggest issue. That should be scrapped altogether or heavily redone
Stamina is fine, the only thing I hate is that when you get broken you are literally frozen for 10 seconds or more and can't do anything. You should be able to still do the roll in the air thing to at least get up to a standing position, that way you can still get combo'd by really strong opponents but if they knock you away then youre free. You still have to be really careful though as your bar is still in the red which means no blocking or evading.

I agree that XV2 fixed many issues and I enjoy it. But they reused a lot of content here. Like 70 of the PQs are just the old ones, most of them without any changes. The story is heavily rehashed. Not many new characters were added and barely any stages. Conton is a great addition, the fighting engine got a huge upgrade and thats about it. Expert missions arent really new, just old enemies with three new attacks. Raids are just that exact concept, basically nothing new there. I maybe would have liked to see some new mini games or something. The milk skipping and turtle stone find were a good start, but they should build on that.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Honestly I find Conton City to be a key issue with the game. The game already had a short development cycle since it began right after Xenoverse 1 was finished and how much time and resources do you think was put into making the new giant hubworld? I get they want to go with the MMO feel where players can meet and interact but the time and effort they put into Conton could have been diverted elsewhere like the story, more characters and stages, and game improvements. If going back to a standard menu system like the Budokai and BT series meant we got more bang for our back and better improvements Id do it in a heartbeat.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:53 pm

I see that sure but I love the whole amalgamation design of Conton City, its a huge step up from Toki Toki city which retroactively looks like trash. That being said I don't want to see any dev time wasted on it for Xenoverse 3 if that is in the works.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:12 pm

Ooooohoho! Somebody found a hidden advantage of a specific super attack Namco better not think about nerfing this!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.