"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:There’s a new XV2 maintenance planned for February 26th (Monday) with a note about a new update/content.
Other updates have usually happened a day or so before DLC launches and 27th fits in with the pattern of it being the last Tuesday on the month.

There any details on what this maintenance contains?
No idea, but I hope they fix the netcode.
Where was this date announced? I don't see it on Bandai's twitter
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 pm

You know what surprises me? The fact that Bandai hasn't announced a twitch live stream for DLC 6 yet. They usually do that every week before the DLC comes out, and this time, they haven't. I wonder why?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know what surprises me? The fact that Bandai hasn't announced a twitch live stream for DLC 6 yet. They usually do that every week before the DLC comes out, and this time, they haven't. I wonder why?
Actually, I don't think they did that for the first DLC

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Fingers crossed we get the DLC next Tuesday! That would be great!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Steam updated the Extra Pack Set image with Ultra Instinct Goku and some other new images in the gallery. Might mean nothing but one can only hope for the best.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPoKVUzxKvg
This video basically confirmed it for me that DLC 6 is set to release at the usual time.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 pm

One update I'd like to be included in the game is the ability to type our own short messages into the chat. The options they have are so limiting since they don't have all of the tenses they could & I have to send messages to other people's accounts just to inform them of waiting for other people to join in & not just them. It's limited & could be really improved with our own typable messages.

On top of that, the video the last person linked is pretty compelling. I mean, I don't agree on the Rhymstyle thing (in fact, I find him annoying), but everything else was pretty well reasoned in it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:23 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:So, why do you guys think Fuu, Chronoa, and MUI Goku are all in the crack of time?

Chronoa is trapped, probably by Fuu.
Fuu must have something up his sleave if he thinks he can go up against MUI Goku. Perhaps a transformation? Maybe he revived his parents for backup?
Either way, Goku looks ready to kick his ass!

You know its great when this DLC Pack Story is getting me more hyped for it then XV2 did for its original story mode.

Also, the fact that for each route we take, we get a cutscene really shows how much effort they possible put into this pack.

I really hope this pack isn’t delayed. I hope we get a livestream by the end of this week aswell.
Are all those screenshots supposed to be happening at the same time and place???

Because if it is then holy shit the newest and most powerfull transformation of Goku, one that surpasses the power of a god of destruction and he is already being used in Xenoverse storyline and against Fuu no less which i really doubt is even close at just base red super saiyan god, yet he looks like you say confident, i really hope he can somehow keep up just for the sake of seeing something so extraordinary enough from him to rival freaking mastered ultra instinct.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:38 pm

They're purposely not revealing the release date just for the sake of it. But okay, I'm more than confident now that it's going to be released next Tuesday, as always has been. Lucky for them, any delay would have just one outcome: R-I-O-T!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Grimlock wrote:They're purposely not revealing the release date just for the sake of it. But okay, I'm more than confident now that it's going to be released next Tuesday, as always has been. Lucky for them, any delay would have just one outcome: R-I-O-T!

What I'm noticing is the for the pictures, 2 of them are new and one of them as Black Haired UI or UI Omen Goku. Its probably just a cutscene though. He won’t be playable although i would have preferred that instead of just getting MUI Goku we could ge UI Omen Goku as the character with all the same attacks and have MUI as a transformation. But I'm more than satisfied. Just look at that line up of characters! I’m so glad I got the Extra Pack Set
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 am

28th confirmed! its on their official FB page. 8 new skills, 5 new PQ's. Don't think any new mentors. New outfits include a wedding suit and brides gown, not sure if it's Chi Chi and Goku's.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L8mquqf3WM

Story trailer is here! Damn, that was... DAMN. Datura is helping Fu, yay! And Tapion has a debt to trunks? And Jiren’s possessed? I can’t think straight at the moment...

Kanassa wrote:

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 am

This is the coolest Xenoverse has ever looked. Kinda makes me wish they won't stop at this pack, especially since there's no way it's not gonna be a success with how amazing it looks.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:08 am

HYPE... HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Holy shit Fu has the exact voice I've been imagining he would have! His gameplay is awesome as fuck and he seems to have completed his father's uncompleted technique!

New and more interactions and moments that weren't in the Story Mode! The wait is worth, but please... Just take my money already! :clap:

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:12 am

Grimlock wrote:HYPE... HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Holy shit Fu has the exact voice I've been imagining he would have! His gameplay is awesome as fuck and he seems to have completed his father's uncompleted technique!

New and more interactions and moments that weren't in the Story Mode! The wait is worth, but please... Just take my money already! :clap:
Looks like they might address where jirenwas when all the gods were being killed.

Also, Dabura vs Vegitto? Trunks and Tapion vs Zamasu and Black? It's the battle of the swordsman!

Kanassa wrote:

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:28 am

Whis has black clothes and some kind of paint on his face.

I want to know more about master's skills (transformations ecc)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:51 am

Looks friggen awesome, lots of CG too!
Shame they didn't show more costumes (both for your partner and your CAC).
I can't wait for that CG scene of Ikari Trunks to go into gameplay of him in SSJ2 :(

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:36 am

I love that Trailer. And even if I'm not a fan of Fuu's design (it's not bad, just not what I'd prefer for a major antagonist) I love his voice. If I'm not mistaken it is Kappei Yamaguchi, who also voices Kudo Shinichi from Detective Conan, Inuyasha from Inuyasha and Usopp from One Piece. So excited (basically on a "Waku Waku" level). Can't wait to play it.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:47 am

Jiren seems pretty underwhelming.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am

Xaroc wrote:I love that Trailer. And even if I'm not a fan of Fuu's design (it's not bad, just not what I'd prefer for a major antagonist) I love his voice. If I'm not mistaken it is Kappei Yamaguchi, who also voices Kudo Shinichi from Detective Conan, Inuyasha from Inuyasha and Usopp from One Piece. So excited (basically on a "Waku Waku" level). Can't wait to play it.
We’re up against God Ussop? WE’re fucked.

Kanassa wrote: