"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:43 pm

After playing with Vegeta Baby, I feel we still need at least from GT: base Vegeta, Gohan, Goten and Uub. Mainly because right now Pan is Baby's ally :shock: :shock:

And of course, transforming into a big golden ape

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Koitsukai wrote:After playing with Vegeta Baby, I feel we still need at least from GT: base Vegeta, Gohan, Goten and Uub. Mainly because right now Pan is Baby's ally :shock: :shock:

And of course, transforming into a big golden ape
Yeah i can't understand why GT Vegeta isn't a thing yet. Beside obvious games like Dokkan and Heroes, i can remember him appearing only in GT Transformation for GBA and DBZ Infinite World for PS2. Honestly, in GT he was more relevant before he reached SSJ4.

Uub also should appear obviously.

Goten would be cool but there is very small chance of him appearing. Not much relevant and would need completely new moveset.
Although GT Gohan should appear at least as variant for Adult Gohan.
I mean even Ressurection 'F' Gohan made it into game and he is the most hated Gohan ever. GT Gohan would be great addition as enemy for Baby related missions.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:09 pm

So, ignoring the Music pack BS, Some of the moves, etc, I need to know one important question... Is the netcode better than it was Pre-DLC 7?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:17 pm

Zelvin wrote:Ya know, for all the criticism I get for criticizing the game and what they're doing, I still don't feel people see what I'm seeing. And for the ones that believe Ban/Nam won't pull anything like holding characters hostage in the next game...they just did it with Soul Calibur. They removed a staple character of the series, Tira, and locked her off with the DLC and season passes. There is no reason for this beyond pure greed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbbgVZObW8

I refuse to be optimistic about the future until they give me a reason to be. So far, that's not happening. And I can say I'm not dishing out more money on DLC when more packs are coming and they'll just slap it all together into another season pass. Instead of just putting the effort in and giving us everything in a large package, they're going to keep selling the individual bits to get as much money as possible for content that isn't worth the price they're asking.

On the note that if all these DLC characters and such are going to be in as part of the base game for XV3, then it just brings the question of; "then why should I pay for it now for an inferior product?" By this point, I don't even want to bother with getting more DLC. By next year we're going to have a Complete Edition of XV2 with all the DlC for $60. I'll gladly wait for it and get it on PC, because the PC version is now effectively the Definitive Edition for content thanks to Mods.
So if they don't include the DLC characters in XV3 you'll complain. But if they include the DLC characters, you'll still complain? Wut?

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:22 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: So if they don't include the DLC characters in XV3 you'll complain. But if they include the DLC characters, you'll still complain? Wut?
I was responding to the assertion that all DLC characters for XV2 will be in the base game of XV3. The claim being that Bandai-Namco wouldn't cut them out after introducing them in the XV2 DLC's. They have, however, done this before and just recently pulled this stunt with the upcoming Soul Calibur game. In this case they removed a staple character, a character that's been in every game since the first Soul Calibur game, and has been a Standard character on the roster. That'd be like having a new Dragon Ball game come out, but having Piccolo or Vegeta locked behind a pay wall for the DLC or Season Pass, despite them being staple characters within the series.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Zelvin wrote:Ya know, for all the criticism I get for criticizing the game and what they're doing, I still don't feel people see what I'm seeing. And for the ones that believe Ban/Nam won't pull anything like holding characters hostage in the next game...they just did it with Soul Calibur. They removed a staple character of the series, Tira, and locked her off with the DLC and season passes. There is no reason for this beyond pure greed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbbgVZObW8
"Tira was actually not planned for the game at all at first. Apparently, including Tira in Soulcalibur VI would have needed “some pretty complicated adjustments, so much so that she nearly didn’t make the cut.” However, following the game’s announcement, the team found her to be one of the most highly-requested characters. As the game was too far in development to add her to the starting roster and story mode, they had no choice but to make her an add-on if they wanted to include her."

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... /#/slide/1
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Nobody answered my question.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:47 pm

The S wrote: "Tira was actually not planned for the game at all at first. Apparently, including Tira in Soulcalibur VI would have needed “some pretty complicated adjustments, so much so that she nearly didn’t make the cut.” However, following the game’s announcement, the team found her to be one of the most highly-requested characters. As the game was too far in development to add her to the starting roster and story mode, they had no choice but to make her an add-on if they wanted to include her."

This is what we call a "bullshit defense". it's a defense everyone knows is bullshit, but one they have to make in order to try and dodge fan backlash. The fact it's still day 1 on disc DLC means these issues weren't "complicated" enough to keep Tira from being added in. They are literally banking on her popularity to get people to buy the DLC and season passes.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:30 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:So, ignoring the Music pack BS, Some of the moves, etc, I need to know one important question... Is the netcode better than it was Pre-DLC 7?
i found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzbNZKQWDzk

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Okay, this might be veeeery late, regarding that we have that "Transformation" from the very beginning since the game came out, but... I just recently created a Chikyūjin (E-Arthling) and don't know exactly what to do. What stats count towards Kinto Un/Jindujun/Nimbus damage? Basic Attack, Strike or Ki Blast? Okay, maybe not Ki Blast, but the other two? I can't seem to find anything whereever I look online and to be honest, I don't wanna waste 1, 2 or 3 sets of Dragonballs just to experiment on different stat distributions.
I just don't wanna Kaio-What? or unleash Potential with this CaC since you can do it with any other race too. I wanted to change my fighting style with this a little. So... any ideas? Or does somebody happen to know?
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Xaroc wrote:Okay, this might be veeeery late, regarding that we have that "Transformation" from the very beginning since the game came out, but... I just recently created a Chikyūjin (E-Arthling) and don't know exactly what to do. What stats count towards Kinto Un/Jindujun/Nimbus damage? Basic Attack, Strike or Ki Blast? Okay, maybe not Ki Blast, but the other two? I can't seem to find anything whereever I look online and to be honest, I don't wanna waste 1, 2 or 3 sets of Dragonballs just to experiment on different stat distributions.
I just don't wanna Kaio-What? or unleash Potential with this CaC since you can do it with any other race too. I wanted to change my fighting style with this a little. So... any ideas? Or does somebody happen to know?
Good question. I would expect that the Flying Nimbus attack damage is based on Basic Attack, since it uses melee moves with the Power Pole. I haven't used the transformation in a while, but I think it also comes with super armor that depletes stamina instead of HP. So a heavy stamina build may be beneficial. I remember when I used it, I'd use my ki in normal form, then switch to Flying Nimbus since you can't use ki blasts with it anyway.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 am

On the Anime Music pack issue, this is e-mail from Bandai Namco's customer care:

[spoiler]
We appreciate your report. This issue has been previously escalated to our internal teams and they are currently working on a patch for this issue. We have not been provided a timeline for when this issue might be resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
[/spoiler]

Well, we can hope :(
The ball is now in Japan with the game's developer.
Does the music pack in FighterZ working?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Just started my PS4 up and apparently we just got another update, Version 1.17, which just says it made 'other improvements/adjustments'. Anyone know yet if that includes fixing the music issue?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:33 pm

I can 100% confirm that they have fixed this bug.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:49 am

Zelvin wrote:
The S wrote: "Tira was actually not planned for the game at all at first. Apparently, including Tira in Soulcalibur VI would have needed “some pretty complicated adjustments, so much so that she nearly didn’t make the cut.” However, following the game’s announcement, the team found her to be one of the most highly-requested characters. As the game was too far in development to add her to the starting roster and story mode, they had no choice but to make her an add-on if they wanted to include her."

This is what we call a "bullshit defense". it's a defense everyone knows is bullshit, but one they have to make in order to try and dodge fan backlash. The fact it's still day 1 on disc DLC means these issues weren't "complicated" enough to keep Tira from being added in. They are literally banking on her popularity to get people to buy the DLC and season passes.
What evidence do you have of any of this, outside of the fact that she'll be available on the first day of release?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:35 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I can 100% confirm that they have fixed this bug.
Haven't got the update yet and am at work. Does the music work for sure? :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Xaroc wrote:Okay, this might be veeeery late, regarding that we have that "Transformation" from the very beginning since the game came out, but... I just recently created a Chikyūjin (E-Arthling) and don't know exactly what to do. What stats count towards Kinto Un/Jindujun/Nimbus damage? Basic Attack, Strike or Ki Blast? Okay, maybe not Ki Blast, but the other two? I can't seem to find anything whereever I look online and to be honest, I don't wanna waste 1, 2 or 3 sets of Dragonballs just to experiment on different stat distributions.
If you are still playing the hero colosseum mode, they added supreme gohan and he's pretty strong c:

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:10 pm

Gt91 wrote:
If you are still playing the hero colosseum mode, they added supreme gohan and he's pretty strong c:
Yes, of course I have both Potential Unleashed Gohans, and maxed the better one out (without duplicates though). And... it still kinda sucks that he is just an SR that evolves from the Great Saiyaman and can't be upgraded further so he's stuck at level 60. He's getting the Fukatsu no F Gohan treatment I guess...
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Zelvin wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote: So if they don't include the DLC characters in XV3 you'll complain. But if they include the DLC characters, you'll still complain? Wut?
I was responding to the assertion that all DLC characters for XV2 will be in the base game of XV3. The claim being that Bandai-Namco wouldn't cut them out after introducing them in the XV2 DLC's. They have, however, done this before and just recently pulled this stunt with the upcoming Soul Calibur game. In this case they removed a staple character, a character that's been in every game since the first Soul Calibur game, and has been a Standard character on the roster. That'd be like having a new Dragon Ball game come out, but having Piccolo or Vegeta locked behind a pay wall for the DLC or Season Pass, despite them being staple characters within the series.
Wait wait, hold on. Who is that staple character you are talking about? Tira has only been since SC III. I'm really confused as to what is that character you are talking about since everyone of the must haves is on the game.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:32 am

Xaroc wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Yes, of course I have both Potential Unleashed Gohans, and maxed the better one out (without duplicates though). And... it still kinda sucks that he is just an SR that evolves from the Great Saiyaman and can't be upgraded further so he's stuck at level 60. He's getting the Fukatsu no F Gohan treatment I guess...
Yeah, i agree :/
Soon or later we'll get an UR ultimate gohan.