"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Scsigs wrote: I mean, they have the files. Why not use them?
Because they can make more money by having you buy them all. Again.
So, the thing Xenoverse hasn't done?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Kanassa wrote: So, the thing Xenoverse hasn't done?
No we pretty much did do that by getting XV2, which we've said before is just XV1.5. It's little more than an update patch and a small expansion since 99% of the material is the exact same copied over from the previous iteration.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Kanassa wrote: So, the thing Xenoverse hasn't done?
No we pretty much did do that by getting XV2, which we've said before is just XV1.5. It's little more than an update patch and a small expansion since 99% of the material is the exact same copied over from the previous iteration.
So, again, Xenoverse hasn't done this? You buy the sequel and get the characters from the previous game including those that were DLC. And that 99% figure is just outright lying.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Zelvin wrote:No we pretty much did do that by getting XV2, which we've said before is just XV1.5. It's little more than an update patch and a small expansion since 99% of the material is the exact same copied over from the previous iteration.
It's a sequel made from the same engine. Of course it's going to have similarities to the first game. But 99% the same? Give me a break. Have you even played the games? XV2 was a massive improvement over the first, especially with all the support we're still getting for it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:44 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Zelvin wrote:No we pretty much did do that by getting XV2, which we've said before is just XV1.5. It's little more than an update patch and a small expansion since 99% of the material is the exact same copied over from the previous iteration.
It's a sequel made from the same engine. Of course it's going to have similarities to the first game. But 99% the same? Give me a break. Have you even played the games? XV2 was a massive improvement over the first, especially with all the support we're still getting for it.
Yeah, i don’t get people saying that either.

That statement specifically is contradictory. Why would you considering a sequel game, a 50 percent improvement from the first game but then claim that only 1 percent of the game is new? That makes no sense. Sure, the game did seem pretty lack-luster for a sequel to not as big a jump in improvement as something like Budokai Tenkaichi 1 to Budokai Tenkaichi 2 but it definetly wasn’t just a 50% improvement. I’d say at least call it XV1.7. And including all the updates, DLC, expansions we got and the 2 DLC packs, major skill balances, and netcode fix we are gonna get, and just the support and communication as a whole, I’d say its more than fair to finally call it XV2 instead of something like XV1.5.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:25 am

Zelvin wrote:
Scsigs wrote: I mean, they have the files. Why not use them?
Because they can make more money by having you buy them all. Again. Just like what EA has done with games like the Sims, among others.
Dimps isn't EA, though. Hell, Activision's worse than EA is right now.
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Actually, no. XV1 was made on a modified Street Fighter IV engine, mixed with Havok for the physics, & YEBIS 2 for the post processing effects. XV2 was made with Unreal Engine 4 instead of the first one. They literally had a new graphics engine, which means they can do a LOT more with the game & easier due to that switch. Maybe you didn't notice the graphics upgrade, but they were different thanks to this switch. Plus, this let them go for 60FPS.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 am

Hey guys, I ended up making a tutorial for Extreme Malice for those who don't have DLC.

My first time doing such a thing so any critque would be welcomed. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKYJWspCwSk

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Kokonoe wrote:Hey guys, I ended up making a tutorial for Extreme Malice for those who don't have DLC.

I just realized that Limit Bursts made Elder Kai's Super Soul even more OP than before. lol

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:03 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:Hey guys, I ended up making a tutorial for Extreme Malice for those who don't have DLC.

I just realized that Limit Bursts made Elder Kai's Super Soul even more OP than before. lol
Oh definitely lmao.

I like to use Divinity Unleashed or Meditation in terms of DLC with Hmm Hmm Hmm, but if things ever get out of hand that limit burst pretty much tops everyone from minimal HP to max HP. It's sooooo good.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Kanassa wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Who else plays on Nintendo Switch?

I had it on ps4 moved over to switch. I have a 99 Saiyan who can go ssgss and a lvl 65 Frieza race who can golden lol I just got both of those transformations this week.

Also will dlc 3 have an extra story mode? As I loved the one in 1+2 ( not sure which I just bought as bought the double pack)
Every pack is half of another pack, the first of the pair being the foundation of the next one: So yeah, Extra Pack 4 will probably have a story mode.
Sweet! I loved extra story.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Scsigs wrote: Actually, no. XV1 was made on a modified Street Fighter IV engine, mixed with Havok for the physics, & YEBIS 2 for the post processing effects. XV2 was made with Unreal Engine 4 instead of the first one. They literally had a new graphics engine, which means they can do a LOT more with the game & easier due to that switch. Maybe you didn't notice the graphics upgrade, but they were different thanks to this switch. Plus, this let them go for 60FPS.
No kidding?
I never knew that; they made the transition so smoothly I didn't even realize it was a new engine. I've seen games transfer from UE3 to UE4 that were less adapted! :lol:
Figured they learned how to better adapt resources and no longer needed to concern themselves with previous gen systems!
I did notice a few graphical upgrades, but just chalked that up to jumping from PS3 to PS4 along with a few basic tweaks.

Dimps never fails to surprise...

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 am

There can never be enough methods of beating Extreme Malice. I tried all the methods I could find on YouTube until I got lucky. It's just absurd. Seems to be a good amalgam of all the methods. Nicely done.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:51 am

Thanos wrote:

There can never be enough methods of beating Extreme Malice. I tried all the methods I could find on YouTube until I got lucky. It's just absurd. Seems to be a good amalgam of all the methods. Nicely done.
The most important thing for EM is having something to nullify Peeler Storm, like the barrier or Gogeta's guard ability. If you're playing a Saiyan, fire up Super Vegeta 2 and spam Big Bang Kamehameha. It teleports you right on top of them before it fires and they don't know what to do about it. Cooler's stunning super soul is also useful because it lets you use physical combos on them.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Scsigs wrote: Actually, no. XV1 was made on a modified Street Fighter IV engine, mixed with Havok for the physics, & YEBIS 2 for the post processing effects. XV2 was made with Unreal Engine 4 instead of the first one. They literally had a new graphics engine, which means they can do a LOT more with the game & easier due to that switch. Maybe you didn't notice the graphics upgrade, but they were different thanks to this switch. Plus, this let them go for 60FPS.
This is wrong, XV1 is not the Street Fighter IV engine, Capcom owns that, and XV2 is not Unreal.
Xenoverse 1 is an internal Dimps engine and Xenoverse 2 is a modified version of that, with the main modifications only being optimization for performance on newer consoles, other than that it's nearly the exact same engine.
The narrative that Xenoverse was on the Street Fighter engine came from nowhere, and the narrative that XV2 was on Unreal came from one random website with no source and got repeated.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:04 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:This is wrong, XV1 is not the Street Fighter IV engine, Capcom owns that, and XV2 is not Unreal.
Xenoverse 1 is an internal Dimps engine and Xenoverse 2 is a modified version of that, with the main modifications only being optimization for performance on newer consoles, other than that it's nearly the exact same engine.
The narrative that Xenoverse was on the Street Fighter engine came from nowhere, and the narrative that XV2 was on Unreal came from one random website with no source and got repeated.
I'm just going off of the DB Wiki, so excuse an misinformation. Checking it again, it says 1's engine is a modified Street Fighter IV engine, which IS their in-house engine.
As for XV2, who's to say it's not Unreal? Unreal can be used in a multitude of ways. Look at Kingdom Hearts 3, since that game already has multiple art styles & shadings in it, then look at the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. They're very different in terms of looks. There's a shift in the graphics between the games, so an engine change doesn't seem off.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Scsigs wrote:I'm just going off of the DB Wiki, so excuse an misinformation. Checking it again, it says 1's engine is a modified Street Fighter IV engine, which IS their in-house engine.
As for XV2, who's to say it's not Unreal? Unreal can be used in a multitude of ways. Look at Kingdom Hearts 3, since that game already has multiple art styles & shadings in it, then look at the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. They're very different in terms of looks. There's a shift in the graphics between the games, so an engine change doesn't seem off.
Ignore DB wiki, they're wrong. There has been zero credible sources that say that the games run on either of those engines. Dimps co-developed Street Fighter IV, they didn't make the game outright, that engine isn't theirs.
As for XV2 on Unreal, for one if it was it would actually say so on start up, second there's the fact that you can just dig into the game on PC and it's very clearly not UE4, and a lot of the code is identical to the first game.
Trust me when I say that you've been totally misinformed, XV1 is a custom engine and XV2 is a more optimized version of that engine.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 pm

On another note, going off of what we’ve seen, i think i know how Broly from dbs will be implemented.

We’d get Base broly with one present without armor and one with armor and the preset with armor has his rage transformation where he gets the yellow eyes. From there, we’d either get a completely new character dedicated to Full Power Broly or it will also be a transformation that comes after the rage transformation like how the super saiyan transformation works in XV2 where you can go from ssj1 to ssj3.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:On another note, going off of what we’ve seen, i think i know how Broly from dbs will be implemented.

We’d get Base broly with one present without armor and one with armor and the preset with armor has his rage transformation where he gets the yellow eyes. From there, we’d either get a completely new character dedicated to Full Power Broly or it will also be a transformation that comes after the rage transformation like how the super saiyan transformation works in XV2 where you can go from ssj1 to ssj3.
I wouldn't mind getting Super Broly's transformation for Saiyans. Either in a later update or in X3. Or at least more customization options where you can make your CAC as big as Broly (or as small and skinny as Cabba).

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 am

Scsigs wrote:As for XV2, who's to say it's not Unreal? Unreal can be used in a multitude of ways.
The fact that the game is very clearly not Unreal? None of the files are related to the Unreal Engine, that no credit is given to Unreal on start up, ect. Look to FighterZ as that game is actually made on Unreal.

Kanassa wrote:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:54 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:On another note, going off of what we’ve seen, i think i know how Broly from dbs will be implemented.

I don't think we're going to get that many variations of new Broly in XV2. Maybe XV3. It's also unlikely that the character will have any transformations, since most transformations (especially dramatic ones that change the person's body shape) are treated as separate characters on the roster. We're probably going to get Full Power Broly and something unrelated like SSBE Vegeta or Gogeta Blue.