"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:23 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:If the “Deluxe Edition” has access to all four existing downloadable content packs, how can I tell if I'm buying the complete version of the game or the normal version that came out last year? I try to see if the Deluxe Edition is sold at my local Gamestop, but I can't tell which version I'm buying.
The new "Deluxe Edition" is Japan only. The west had a Deluxe Edtion at launch which was just the special edition.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:26 pm

That sucks. I thought the US would get the delux edition too. I guess I will probably have to buy all of the DLC for the game when I buy the normal edition for the PS4 (I don't have a Switch).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:That sucks. I thought the US would get the delux edition too. I guess I will probably have to buy all of the DLC for the game when I buy the normal edition for the PS4 (I don't have a Switch).
They might be planning to do a complete edition when all of the DLC is done.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:That sucks. I thought the US would get the delux edition too. I guess I will probably have to buy all of the DLC for the game when I buy the normal edition for the PS4 (I don't have a Switch).
They might be planning to do a complete edition when all of the DLC is done.
A Xenoverse 2 with DLC 1 through DLC 6 (assuming thats the last). Thats basically Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.5.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:47 pm

So, popped on to play some Xenoverse 2, and a new update appeared. Nothing major, but any idea what it was? I'm on the Xbox One.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:14 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Funny, Fuu kind of acts as a parallel to Trunks if you think about it:
Both were known as the mysterious youth before being revealed.
Swordsman
Mess With Time
Son of a previous villain
Son of a scientist
Lost his parents while he was still a baby.

All we need is him being introduced dicing up a villain...
Did you just copy what i said? I literally just posted a topic about this on gamefaqs some hours ago! :shock:
Nope. Though maybe my eyes glanced at the title of your thread and just came to the same conclusion
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:51 am

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Funny, Fuu kind of acts as a parallel to Trunks if you think about it:
Both were known as the mysterious youth before being revealed.
Swordsman
Mess With Time
Son of a previous villain
Son of a scientist
Lost his parents while he was still a baby.

All we need is him being introduced dicing up a villain...
Did you just copy what i said? I literally just posted a topic about this on gamefaqs some hours ago! :shock:
Nope. Though maybe my eyes glanced at the title of your thread and just came to the same conclusion
Who r u on gamefaqs
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 am

Jackalope89 wrote:So, popped on to play some Xenoverse 2, and a new update appeared. Nothing major, but any idea what it was? I'm on the Xbox One.
Weird, there is no new update for PS4 users.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:07 pm

I personally want Super Yi Xing Long as a mentor for DLC Pack 6. It would be cool to have another GT character for a mentor.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:51 pm

I'm flummoxed at this point. I've gotten every equipment piece now, every super soul (save for those two that I listed before that seem to be Future Trunks (Super) and Goku Black's souls that, as far as I can find, aren't really in the game for a CAC to get - I've checked every PQ again, the Expert Missions, everything I can think of, but they're nowhere to be found), every accessory, even every skill (though that doesn't seem to be a requirement for anything oddly enough), and it's still stuck at 99% on the completion status screen after FINALLY getting lucky and getting that damned Grandpa Gohan mask.

There are literally only two things I can think of that might be missing. Either Mentor Marks actually count towards equipment completion for some reason, cuz I'm still working on getting Cooler's 3rd one, and then Android 16, Bardock, Hit, and Zamasu ones, plus whatever other dual-mentor marks that unlocks (should be two of them left, I just have no idea what they would be beyond maybe Freeza and Cooler); or the Nicknames somehow count towards them (for Nickname #1 I'm missing 38, 62, 66, 148-149, 151-152, 177, 182, 199, 285-289, 337, 339, 362, 364, 378-379, 415, 453-454, 459, 461-462; for Nickname #2 I'm missing 38, 62, 66, 148-149, 151-152, 177, 182, 199, 285-289, 337-339, 361-364, 378-379, 415, 453-454, 459, 461-462); or maybe you have to have made a certain amount or kind of QQ Bangs (I've literally only made six so far cuz I found them fairly pointless - two Lv. 1's, one Lv. 2, two Lv. 3's, and a Lv. 5). Anyone have any clue if it might be any of those things, or maybe thinking of an outfit or accessory I don't have yet?

...Dear god, please don't tell me the raid stuff counts towards completion, because I don't have access to that period seeing as how I don't have PS Plus.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm flummoxed at this point. I've gotten every equipment piece now, every super soul (save for those two that I listed before that seem to be Future Trunks (Super) and Goku Black's souls that, as far as I can find, aren't really in the game for a CAC to get - I've checked every PQ again, the Expert Missions, everything I can think of, but they're nowhere to be found), every accessory, even every skill (though that doesn't seem to be a requirement for anything oddly enough), and it's still stuck at 99% on the completion status screen after FINALLY getting lucky and getting that damned Grandpa Gohan mask.

There are literally only two things I can think of that might be missing. Either Mentor Marks actually count towards equipment completion for some reason, cuz I'm still working on getting Cooler's 3rd one, and then Android 16, Bardock, Hit, and Zamasu ones, plus whatever other dual-mentor marks that unlocks (should be two of them left, I just have no idea what they would be beyond maybe Freeza and Cooler); or the Nicknames somehow count towards them (for Nickname #1 I'm missing 38, 62, 66, 148-149, 151-152, 177, 182, 199, 285-289, 337, 339, 362, 364, 378-379, 415, 453-454, 459, 461-462; for Nickname #2 I'm missing 38, 62, 66, 148-149, 151-152, 177, 182, 199, 285-289, 337-339, 361-364, 378-379, 415, 453-454, 459, 461-462); or maybe you have to have made a certain amount or kind of QQ Bangs (I've literally only made six so far cuz I found them fairly pointless - two Lv. 1's, one Lv. 2, two Lv. 3's, and a Lv. 5). Anyone have any clue if it might be any of those things, or maybe thinking of an outfit or accessory I don't have yet?

...Dear god, please don't tell me the raid stuff counts towards completion, because I don't have access to that period seeing as how I don't have PS Plus.

Great Saiyamans helmet? Look on YouTube. That had me for ages and ages.....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 pm

TobyS wrote:Great Saiyamans helmet? Look on YouTube. That had me for ages and ages.....
Nope, got that one, though yeah, that was a real pain to get. The one's that had me the closest to murdering small animals in my vicinity though were the last two I got, the Super Dragon Ball Radar and Gohan's Mask, because they just WOULD not drop for forever.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:19 pm

Its probably the frieza siege tracksuits. Thats whats stopping me from 100%. Yes they do count sadly.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Kanassa wrote: Already been predicting our XV1 hero's death for a while now. Maybe this will somehow be what pushes our character to get the blue transformation.
I wouldn't like them making Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan into a rage transformation. Especially since Goku talks about it being a calm form.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:33 pm

If we are in fact getting a God-class transformation (which is what I hope it is so all races get something, not just Saiyans), maybe it'll be along the lines of our character training with Whis and Vados and unlocking their potential that way

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
TobyS wrote:Great Saiyamans helmet? Look on YouTube. That had me for ages and ages.....
Nope, got that one, though yeah, that was a real pain to get. The one's that had me the closest to murdering small animals in my vicinity though were the last two I got, the Super Dragon Ball Radar and Gohan's Mask, because they just WOULD not drop for forever.
Have you given items to the Namekian named Mekuji at Guru's House? After a while he drops two costumes, one which you can buy and the other named Trendy Work Clothes I believe. Freeza's siege event and Raid rewards do not count since I have fully completed the game once without ever participating in those.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:Have you given items to the Namekian named Mekuji at Guru's House? After a while he drops two costumes, one which you can buy and the other named Trendy Work Clothes I believe. Freeza's siege event and Raid rewards do not count since I have fully completed the game once without ever participating in those.
I just recently took care of that too. I got some kind of Namekian colorable outfit (Battle Suit, or something like that?) that I already had, and then finally got those Trendy Work Clothes. I'd seen some threads online I found via Google claiming he could also give you a Trendy Suit, but most of those ended with someone else correcting it to that being a raid reward. Same with the Freeza Head accessory apparently being a raid reward.
Twitter

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:19 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Already been predicting our XV1 hero's death for a while now. Maybe this will somehow be what pushes our character to get the blue transformation.
I wouldn't like them making Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan into a rage transformation. Especially since Goku talks about it being a calm form.
I meant more as in the situation pressuring your character allows them to get past an attribute that was holding them back before.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:36 am

To be fair, 108 confirms that SSB still corrupts the user with rage, and we've had characters like Trunks reach SSB-level strength by getting mad.

Part of me thinks it's just going to be a drop.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:38 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:To be fair, 108 confirms that SSB still corrupts the user with rage, and we've had characters like Trunks reach SSB-level strength by getting mad.

Part of me thinks it's just going to be a drop.
109 and Krillin said that malice can crept in, not necessarily rage. Super Saiyan Rage is also a different form from Blue.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.