"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:50 pm

He looks cool, though if they ditch the glasses and have his pants be long, I'd like this design even more. Hopefully he'll be some sort of spy to an organization.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I really like Fu's design.
Anyways, the thing at the bottom of the scan is talking about the new partner system, not sure if it's just for story or if you can take your partner into PQs, anyways you can customize your partner, so that's why Goku has weird colors and there is a screen customizing his moveset. I really hope the customization extends to the whole cast and that you can use your customized versions yourself.
Oh my God! I need more info on this! If you can use the customized partner yourself, that's one of the two biggest features I really wanted in this series.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Draconic wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I really like Fu's design.
Anyways, the thing at the bottom of the scan is talking about the new partner system, not sure if it's just for story or if you can take your partner into PQs, anyways you can customize your partner, so that's why Goku has weird colors and there is a screen customizing his moveset. I really hope the customization extends to the whole cast and that you can use your customized versions yourself.
Oh my God! I need more info on this! If you can use the customized partner yourself, that's one of the two biggest features I really wanted in this series.
Same, at the very least if you can't use them directly we are much more likely now to get customization for series characters than we were before.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Apparently the scan also says we can change the colors of our Ultimates and Supers.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Kanassa wrote:Apparently the scan also says we can change the colors of our Ultimates and Supers.
Man, there is a lot of potential, especially if they expand this stuff next game.
I'd love to change the color of my aura.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:15 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:I really do not see the resemblance to Fu's DBO design.
They have the same skin color and pointy ears, we don't see baby Fu's hair color because he's wearing some weird hat/helmet? in his concept art, but it stands to reason that his hair color would be white since both his parents have that color. And with Towa and Mira seemingly dead who else could be the one messing with the events of the U6 vs U7 tournament and Zamasu's rebellion.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 pm

I hope this new guy isn't the only thing new to the story. I still want the outcomes to the choices we made for Bardock and Trunks. So maybe the one changing events in Universe 6 saga and Future Trunks saga and the choices all tie-in with this new character somehow.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Don't see a hint of a new stage...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:38 pm

This scan has a lot of fascinating stuff. Love Fu's design, and the whole Super Saiyan Mr. Satan thing looks wacky. Btw, what's up with Goku in the scan? It looks like in that tiny picture he's wearing the Time Patrol jumpsuit and next to Mr. Satan he's wearing the Journey to the West outfit. What does that imply?

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:39 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:This scan has a lot of fascinating stuff. Love Fu's design, and the whole Super Saiyan Mr. Satan thing looks wacky. Btw, what's up with Goku in the scan? It looks like in that tiny picture he's wearing the Time Patrol jumpsuit and next to Mr. Satan he's wearing the Journey to the West outfit. What does that imply?
I think the Goku in the tiny picture is just a Time Patroller wearing the Goku wig.

EDIT: Oops, just saw the previous post saying you might be able to customize your partners. DON'T MIND ME, I JUST WOKE UP!
Last edited by Nia on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:40 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:This scan has a lot of fascinating stuff. Love Fu's design, and the whole Super Saiyan Mr. Satan thing looks wacky. Btw, what's up with Goku in the scan? It looks like in that tiny picture he's wearing the Time Patrol jumpsuit and next to Mr. Satan he's wearing the Journey to the West outfit. What does that imply?
You can get a partner (for example Goku) and you can customize their outfit and moveset.
It's unclear if the only partner is Goku, but they show Super Satan in the same info bar, so hopefully not.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:50 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
You can get a partner (for example Goku) and you can customize their outfit and moveset.
It's unclear if the only partner is Goku, but they show Super Satan in the same info bar, so hopefully not.
I hope you can customize other characters, their so many outfits and techniques, I've wanted to see with others for years. For example:

Gohan(Adult)-Demon Clothes, Saiyan Armor
Kid Trunks and Goten-Saiyan Armor

Piccolo-Kaioken, DragonFist
Yamcha, Krillin and Tien-Kaioken

Android 18 and Videl-Kamehemeha

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:55 pm

I gotta say, I am SO impressed with the XV2 staff. This is so much more than we ever expected. I'm so thankful that they've continued to put in work and updates for this game. This really gives me high hopes for the potential next installment. But just think about all the additional content we received: Multiple new characters, an entirely new mode, an original character which is sure to come with story updates, and a partner system (this must be what they were eluding to with the "New way to interact with the original characters).

This is dope, man. Yex, the XV series has its faults, but in my opinion, the good greatly outweighs the bad. Who would've thought that a year later we would be getting content like this added to the game?

We have FighterZ coming and added longevity to XV2 while we wait for a potential, but expected, sequel. Well done, DIMPS/Bandai :clap:
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm

dualist wrote:Yex, the XV series has its faults,
And what would be?
dualist wrote:Who would've thought that a year later we would be getting content like this added to the game?
They said Xenoverse 2 would get a full year of updates, but since they skip September, it's just fair that the next extra DLC is going to be released almost two years after the original release of the game.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm just hoping one of the potential partner characters is our XV1 protagonist.
I wanna team up with mine for more than just the Zamasu story DLC.
dualist wrote:I gotta say, I am SO impressed with the XV2 staff. This is so much more than we ever expected. I'm so thankful that they've continued to put in work and updates for this game. This really gives me high hopes for the potential next installment. But just think about all the additional content we received: Multiple new characters, an entirely new mode, an original character which is sure to come with story updates, and a partner system (this must be what they were eluding to with the "New way to interact with the original characters).

This is dope, man. Yex, the XV series has its faults, but in my opinion, the good greatly outweighs the bad. Who would've thought that a year later we would be getting content like this added to the game?

We have FighterZ coming and added longevity to XV2 while we wait for a potential, but expected, sequel. Well done, DIMPS/Bandai :clap:
I fully agree. Dimps hasn't slacked off at all with the post-release content, and it's just getting me more excited for what Xenoverse 3 will bring.
Zeru14 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: I hope you can customize other characters, their so many outfits and techniques, I've wanted to see with others for years. For example:

Gohan(Adult)-Demon Clothes, Saiyan Armor
Kid Trunks and Goten-Saiyan Armor

Piccolo-Kaioken, DragonFist
Yamcha, Krillin and Tien-Kaioken

Android 18 and Videl-Kamehemeha
I believe you could teach #18 and Videl the Kamehameha in Super Dragon Ball Z.
Also, didn't Yamcha, Kuririn, and Tenshinhan have the Kaioken in some of their alts in XV1 or am I misremembering (they definitely have audio files for it, which is weird, but there's a lot of unused audio files)?
Either way, I get what you mean. There's some serious potential unleashed.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:11 pm

I never knew I needed Fu to look like that. I love it.

That partner function is really interesting. For some reason I thought of the Hero Colosseum when I saw it, so on that note, hopefully it's a game-wide thing and not exclusive to one particular mode. Looks like fun regardless, though!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Grimlock wrote:
dualist wrote:Yex, the XV series has its faults,
And what would be?

People complain that the game is repetitive, that the story mode isn't great, the rewards for raids aren't very good, and things like hit detection in online battles (I don't really play PvP anyway)

But these never really bothered me personally, I love the game,
dualist wrote:Who would've thought that a year later we would be getting content like this added to the game?
They said Xenoverse 2 would get a full year of updates, but since they skip September, it's just fair that the next extra DLC is going to be released almost two years after the original release of the game.
I know, but I expected to be to the extent of a few extra characters and stages. But Hero Coliseum, A brand new original character (Fu) with additional story content, and this new partner system were totally unexpected, at least in my opinion.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm

ciccioDM wrote:It looks like we are getting a new partner system.
You can customize your partner (I hope every character, and completely) and do special "Cross Ultimate Abilities" (Team Attacks, in short).
That's for the Hero Colosseum or normal battles/PQs?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:59 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
ciccioDM wrote:It looks like we are getting a new partner system.
You can customize your partner (I hope every character, and completely) and do special "Cross Ultimate Abilities" (Team Attacks, in short).
That's for the Hero Colosseum or normal battles/PQs?
It's for combat, not figure battle. It's not clear if it's for the new story or if it's for PQs.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Wow, so many news today! A new unique character is always good for me! Nice design and moves :)
Mr.satan ssj? Amazing :0