"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:20 am

Oh, totally forgot about Garlic Junior. Still, doctor Wheelo doesn't count. As he's a giant one and only Oozarus works in this game, apparently.

Speaking more about clothes, where the hell is my Time Breaker suit? Where's Paragus' clothes? Seriously, Toppo and Ribriannes don't even have an interesting design for their ones to be put in the game.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:26 am

Grimlock wrote:Oh, totally forgot about Garlic Junior. Still, doctor Wheelo doesn't count. As he's a giant one and only Oozarus works in this game, apparently.

Speaking more about clothes, where the hell is my Time Breaker suit? Where's Paragus' clothes? Seriously, Toppo and Ribriannes don't even have an interesting design for their ones to be put in the game.
Paragus' outfit is in the game, isn't it? I'm pretty sure I have one on my save file...

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 am

I really hope Tapion's outfit is made available, his head gear would look great on my character.
Grimlock wrote:Oh, totally forgot about Garlic Junior. Still, doctor Wheelo doesn't count. As he's a giant one and only Oozarus works in this game, apparently.
They can do other giant bosses like Oozarus, in fact I would not be surprised in the slightest if this DLC has a Hirudigarn boss fight.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:31 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm pretty sure I have one on my save file...
AND HOW DID YOU GET IT!? ISN'T A RAID MISSION REWARD!?

~ War of the Dinobots ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 am

Grimlock wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm pretty sure I have one on my save file...
AND HOW DID YOU GET IT!? ISN'T A RAID MISSION REWARD!?
Beats me. I've gone poking around in the files to see what's in there and play with mods a lot, so I might have gotten it that way. The netcode on PC is so crappy I can barely even do raids. I know I've seen other characters in the lobby wearing it though.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 am

I'm been out of the loop for this game for quite a while and now i see they are still putting out more DLC which is nice but i still wondering when are we ever gonna get Baby Vegeta and Uub??? like i said i been really out of it so i don't know for how long the game it's gonna keep having new stuff put into it but if you were to guess would you say eventually or no chance until Xenoverse 3???

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:56 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm really surprised it's Base 13 and not his transformed state. Oh well!
Both 13 and Bojack's transformations look very similar to Broly's so maybe they went with their base form to have more unique designs.
Dragotaker wrote:Are we ever gonna get Baby Vegeta and Uub???
Who knows, XV3 won't be out till early 2019 if not later so we could end up getting a 6th pack with more characters. I think it's safe to say that XV3 will have every main character from Z, GT & Super up till the end of the current arc.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 am

Tapion making into the game is huge shocker. I thought he would be totally overlooked. Hopefully they can include Hirudegarn in a giant boss battle considering what movie his character is from. I'm a little shocked that #13 made it in, too. But he is DBZ movie and one of the more memorable ones, so it's not that big of a surprise.

But this is all great news. The support for Xenoverse 2 post-launch has been quite remarkable.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:02 am

I knew 13 would make it, but TAPION? Shiiiet.
ArchedThunder wrote:Everything looks great, though I'm even more confused that it's regular 13 instead of Super 13 than I was with Bojack only being his regular form.
Hopefully we get the transformed states for both of them. Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see a release date, so I guess there is still some more stuff to reveal?
Grimlock wrote:Pretty cool that now we have characters from all movies. But did they really need to remove Android 13's cap? That's the best part of his design. :|

Not interested in Toppo's suit and Ribbriane's suit, but extremely excited for the new Story Mode! Please be about Trunks, Bardock and Dabura!
Movies 1, 2, and 11 still aren't represented.
I say only Garlic Jr is the only character that's missing. Dr Wheelo and Bio Broly can be in as bosses, though I doubt the latter would be in the game at all.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Tapion making into the game is huge shocker. I thought he would be totally overlooked. Hopefully they can include Hirudegarn in a giant boss battle considering what movie his character is from. I'm a little shocked that #13 made it in, too. But he is DBZ movie and one of the more memorable ones, so it's not that big of a surprise.

But this is all great news. The support for Xenoverse 2 post-launch has been quite remarkable.
Tapion was a big surprise for me too. He wasn't even in Fusions except as part of an EX-fused DLC character (Baby Hirudegarn is a one-off boss) and none of the movie 13 characters are in Dokkan Battle either. Outside of Heroes I don't think he has been in a game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:16 am

So I wonder, what characters do we get with xenoverse on switch with the extra code for story and characters?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 am

With Tapion in, we should hopefully get Pikkon too. Also, more sword users are always a plus. Not to mention the possibility of Hirudegarn boss fights.

Android 13 is in base form and without his cap? What the fuck?! Maybe it's just one of his alternates. I guess Bojack worked because his regular design is miles ahead of his transformed one, but 13's whole shtick is being proto-Broly. I hope his final form will also be in somehow. Keeping Broly as the only huge buff dude in the game is quite weird.

All in all, the expansion looks pretty hype, though, and it still looks like we'll get more.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:29 am

sangofe wrote:So I wonder, what characters do we get with xenoverse on switch with the extra code for story and characters?
You just unlock all of the base game characters.
Draconic wrote:With Tapion in, we should hopefully get Pikkon too. Also, more sword users are always a plus. Not to mention the possibility of Hirudegarn boss fights.

Android 13 is in base form and without his cap? What the fuck?! Maybe it's just one of his alternates. I guess Bojack worked because his regular design is miles ahead of his transformed one, but 13's whole shtick is being proto-Broly. I hope his final form will also be in somehow. Keeping Broly as the only huge buff dude in the game is quite weird.

All in all, the expansion looks pretty hype, though, and it still looks like we'll get more.
I'm hoping for Full Power Bojack and Super 13 to round out the expansion and then a December release date.
I wonder what the free update will give us, hopefully stuff like a new Trunks variation that has Ikari, since this DLC seems to pretty much be fan requests for stuff that was missing from the game.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
sangofe wrote:So I wonder, what characters do we get with xenoverse on switch with the extra code for story and characters?
You just unlock all of the base game characters.
Draconic wrote:With Tapion in, we should hopefully get Pikkon too. Also, more sword users are always a plus. Not to mention the possibility of Hirudegarn boss fights.

I'm hoping for Full Power Bojack and Super 13 to round out the expansion and then a December release date.
I wonder what the free update will give us, hopefully stuff like a new Trunks variation that has Ikari, since this DLC seems to pretty much be fan requests for stuff that was missing from the game.
Outside of those two forms for Bojack and 13, I only hope Garlic Jr will make it in. Anything more would just be a bonus for me.
For the free update I just wish that Goku and Vegeta get variations with Super Saiyan in their U6 clothes. I kinda lost hope in Ikari Trunks making it in, but those two are already in the game so it should take no time to implement them.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:26 am

So, I'm assuming the thing at the bottom is the hero collesium thing the switch version talked about. Any mention of features? From the image, it looks like that trophy display that ng Smash Bros has
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:32 am

Kanassa wrote:So, I'm assuming the thing at the bottom is the hero collesium thing the switch version talked about. Any mention of features? From the image, it looks like that trophy display that ng Smash Bros has
Looks like a board game to me.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 am

Draconic wrote:Keeping Broly as the only huge buff dude in the game is quite weird.
Maybe that's the point, to have unique designs.
Lord Beerus wrote:But this is all great news. The support for Xenoverse 2 post-launch has been quite remarkable.
It's a lot better than I thought. Bandai have come a long way with their DLC since they started.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm

sintzu wrote:
Draconic wrote:Keeping Broly as the only huge buff dude in the game is quite weird.
Maybe that's the point, to have unique
I mean, there's four Gokus (not counting Tullece, Black and Bardock), three Vegetas, three Trunks', two Freezas, both Nova and Eis Shenron, two Coolers, two Vegettos, two Gogetas etc...

Those guys don't even have to be as big as Broly. Bojack wouldn't even be much bigger than his base form. He is only HALF as big as that now, so making him a bit more buff wouldn't even put him in the same category as Broly.

Super 13 is the only one who has to be huge and that would only make TWO Broly types.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kanassa wrote:So, I'm assuming the thing at the bottom is the hero collesium thing the switch version talked about. Any mention of features? From the image, it looks like that trophy display that ng Smash Bros has
Looks like a board game to me.
Here's a closer view of that section, reminds me of Heroes in a way;
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Can someone translate what's written on the Story Mode part? Really curious to know if they reveal what the Story Mode will be about.

~ War of the Dinobots ~