"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Godszgift wrote:I feel like this game is really a mess. I have no idea why Dimps gave CAC aura slide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-PU08uiTb4&t=29s

the damage is insane for no reason, and the inv frames makes back attacks even safer than before
Games have been this way since the start of gaming time. There are always OP moves and skills and whatnot.

Why? Id guess because the CaC is a huge draw to the game so they packed a lot into it.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Godszgift wrote:I have no idea why Dimps gave CAC aura slide
Because fans kept demanding it. Simple.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Godszgift

Post by Godszgift » Thu May 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Kanassa wrote:
True but Dimps need to take accountability for their decisions sometimes and stop adhering to the fans demands so much. I know the game is meant to be broken/fun but there should be a limit to the amount of brokeness is added, even in this game. There is a reason why pvp is dying out. People are afraid to go online atm

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Godszgift wrote:I know the game is meant to be broken/fun but there should be a limit to the amount of brokeness is added, even in this game. There is a reason why pvp is dying out. People are afraid to go online atm
I don't really see how the move is broken, and even then Black already had it so why is it only a problem now?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:19 pm

Godszgift wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
True but Dimps need to take accountability for their decisions sometimes and stop adhering to the fans demands so much. I know the game is meant to be broken/fun but there should be a limit to the amount of brokeness is added, even in this game. There is a reason why pvp is dying out. People are afraid to go online atm
Why would anyone take the online of this game seriously anyway? Its in the same vein as the Ninja Storm and One Piece fighters. Balance has never been a priority in anime fighters because they are niche in a already niche gaming genre. If you want to see a fighter getting consistent and serious balancing its going to need to enter the FGC with games like Street Fighter 5, Tekken 7, MVC, etc. I honestly have no idea why anyone would devote themselves to the pvp of games like these.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu May 25, 2017 7:32 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Why would anyone take the online of this game seriously anyway? Its in the same vein as the Ninja Storm and One Piece fighters. Balance has never been a priority in anime fighters because they are niche in a already niche gaming genre. If you want to see a fighter getting consistent and serious balancing its going to need to enter the FGC with games like Street Fighter 5, Tekken 7, MVC, etc. I honestly have no idea why anyone would devote themselves to the pvp of games like these.
Because the system itself has potential to be good and there's clearly some effort put into the gameplay part that's held back but stupid decisions that could easily be fixed (and Xenoverse itself HAS alternatives to those issues). They're still selling you a 3D Arena Fighter here even with MMO bells and whistles, why should I accept it being just okay just because it's based on my favourite license? If they really just wanted the game to be fanservicy fun maybe they shouldn't have included Ranked or PvP at all.

Also there's actual legit good anime licensed fighters out there, it's not like we're thinking of an utopia here.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm still pining for a Xeno 3 that goes back to a Burst Limit/Shin Budokai style of gameplay. Id be more than happy with a fighter akin to Hyper DBZ over the current arena style gameplay. I cant and dont take arena fighters seriously when it comes to competitive play. If ranked and PVP didnt exist in Xenoverse I honestly think it would still do just as fine as it has.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu May 25, 2017 7:49 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote: I cant and dont take arena fighters seriously when it comes to competitive play.
That's on you not the games themselves. The Virtual On games, the Gundam VS series and Dissidia are examples of some arena fighters that can be taken (excuse me) "seriously". It's totally okay if you don't like that aspect of the genre (hell, many people believe that anime licensed fighters should never be competitive or balanced or what have you) but to dismiss any and all of its potential because "it's an anime/arena fighter" is dumb. These games should still have some multiplayer longevity for those that care, I would have stopped playing long ago if not for local/online PVP.

Totally sub wanting a more traditional fighter for this franchise though, Namco please perform a miracle and give us an ArcSys styled fighter for the home consoles that isn't dumbed down like Extreme Butouden.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 25, 2017 8:24 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I'm still pining for a Xeno 3 that goes back to a Burst Limit/Shin Budokai style of gameplay.
If they did that my hype for Xenoverse 3 would decrease a lot.

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu May 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Kanassa wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:I'm still pining for a Xeno 3 that goes back to a Burst Limit/Shin Budokai style of gameplay.
Huh, why would it decrease?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Because I prefer the 3D Arena type of gameplay, as well as Xenoverses style of gameplay. If they started trying to make it like the likes of Burst Limit and Shin Budokai, it would be taking away a bunch of the elements I enjoy about Xenoverse

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: If they did that my hype for Xenoverse 3 would decrease a lot.
Because I prefer the 3D Arena type of gameplay, as well as Xenoverses style of gameplay. If they started trying to make it like the likes of Burst Limit and Shin Budokai, it would be taking away a bunch of the elements I enjoy about Xenoverse
I agree. Anyway, there is no way XV3 would change it's game play style that already had so much work and development into it. Not to mention that changing the way a fighting game works/fights is like making a whole new game series altogether. It wouldn't be XV.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Fri May 26, 2017 2:39 am

As much as I'd love another 2D fighter, I don't want it to be Xenoverse 3. Why would they put that type of game in this series?
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 26, 2017 6:05 am

Count me in for the group that want a return of 2.5D style fighting. Recently playing Injustice 2 and Street Fighter V provided a stark reminder of how wonderfully simple while also complex and very competitive 2.5D style fighters can be. What my dream scenario would be is that 1v1 fights and PvP battles are exclusively in the style of a 2.5D Fighters, ala (Shin) Budokai/Burst Limit/Super DBZ, and that Giant Boss Battles/Expert Mission. I'm also probably in the very small minority that think that Team Battles, outside of certain Parallel Quests and Expert Mission should be scrapped. They're just not fun and a total clusterfuck online.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri May 26, 2017 7:21 am

I personally enjoy the more dynamic style of fighting the 3D model provides.

Agreed team battles are annoying with everyone just sending the opponents flying....but maybe some people enjoy it idk. I did one 3v3 and doubt I will again lol

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri May 26, 2017 7:36 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I personally enjoy the more dynamic style of fighting the 3D model provides.

Agreed team battles are annoying with everyone just sending the opponents flying....but maybe some people enjoy it idk. I did one 3v3 and doubt I will again lol
Team battles are very satisfying, but it would be good if DIMPS added some more mechanics to allow team based gameplay. Like team combos or moves.

Kanassa wrote:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri May 26, 2017 7:45 am

Kanassa wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I personally enjoy the more dynamic style of fighting the 3D model provides.

Team battles are very satisfying, but it would be good if DIMPS added some more mechanics to allow team based gameplay. Like team combos or moves.
Its probably more fun if everyone takes their own person to start off and is mindful of not send people flying on combos. Every time I'm about to lay a stamina break on someone sends the opponent flying away lol

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri May 26, 2017 7:48 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Its probably more fun if everyone takes their own person to start off and is mindful of not send people flying on combos. Every time I'm about to lay a stamina break on someone sends the opponent flying away lol
I had better experiences with my team mates. We had fun lining up our attacks with each other, hitting enemies into our ultimates, stamina breaking them before they attack, punching them into a grab, ect. :D

Kanassa wrote:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri May 26, 2017 9:33 am

Yeah that sounds like a lot more fun!

I'm currently trying to get better at PvP. So different from facing the CPU but I'm getting there. Might just do a 1 on 1 marathon this weekend to train.

Godszgift

Post by Godszgift » Fri May 26, 2017 10:05 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Godszgift wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Because fans kept demanding it. Simple.
Because the game can be fun and has a solid foundation? Contrary to popular belief, playin pvp doesn't mean you take the game "serious". Just because it's a niche anime fighter doesn't mean Dimps should neglect balance completely to the point where someone who doesn't​ even know how to combo can win. Games can be fun without being competitive, and this game at it's current state isn't because everyone plays the same and plays in a way to piss you oft and discourage you from going online. Pve is trash, so pvp is the only real way to have fun in this game

Also please no more Dbz 2d fighters. those games were the epitome of mashocism​. The budokai series was so awkward and boring to play you might as well watch paint dry for entertainment