"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:55 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Thanks guys. That's pretty interesting. Do you use the same Time Patroller or a different one for that?
They'll probably let you create two time patrollers considering that your first one appears in XV2 and gets credit for kicking Demigra's ass
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm

I wonder what the reason is for photoshopping Gohan's hair black.
I mean, for what possible reason would they do that? It doesn't even make sense since it's his Super Saiyan hair too. So what the hell was the point? I assume this'll be fixed but still, it's mindboggling.
Kanassa wrote:They'll probably let you create two time patrollers considering that your first one appears in XV2 and gets credit for kicking Demigra's ass
I don't know why they didn't do this to begin with. I played XV on PC and bought XV2 for the PS4. I could only select a bunch of generic defaults as my hero instead of being able to customize my own. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Asura wrote:I wonder what the reason is for photoshopping Gohan's hair black.
I mean, for what possible reason would they do that? It doesn't even make sense since it's his Super Saiyan hair too. So what the hell was the point? I assume this'll be fixed but still, it's mindboggling.
Kanassa wrote:They'll probably let you create two time patrollers considering that your first one appears in XV2 and gets credit for kicking Demigra's ass
I don't know why they didn't do this to begin with. I played XV on PC and bought XV2 for the PS4. I could only select a bunch of generic defaults as my hero instead of being able to customize my own. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
If all they got was a line art source image to work with then they probably just colored it black because they thought "well, Gohan's hair is black" completely ignoring/not noticing that his hair had SS form spikes to it. I mean, it's been several months since the game originally came out (nearly a year actually) so it could just be that it was colored by someone not all that familiar with Dragon Ball (or at least it's non first tier characters).

EDIT: Just thought. Perhaps they though it was Present timeline Gohan using Potential Unleashed?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:00 am

V-Jump coming out in a few days, think we'll get info about the expansion?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 am

Kanassa wrote:V-Jump coming out in a few days, think we'll get info about the expansion?
V-Jump has already leaked, I know since it had some Dokkan news in it. I don't see anything talking about Xenoverse 2 so I'd assume there is nothing.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:23 am

Dokkan Battle always leaks way earlier for some reason. But we won't see from what really matters before 16th.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:47 am

RAID ON NOW IN UK 11 TILL 11 30K DAMAGE FOR CLOTHES MORE IS JIST TITLES GO GOGO GO
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:30 am

TobyS wrote:RAID ON NOW IN UK 11 TILL 11 30K DAMAGE FOR CLOTHES MORE IS JIST TITLES GO GOGO GO
From what I've heard, the reward is the Golden Oozaru outfit. Probably not the GT one I assume and instead just a shiny gold fur skin. Which if you think about it, could be cool.

Anyway, It's after 11 AM in the US now and I'm not seeing it. Unless we all missed it? I would think someone would have said something on some site.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Alright, just got my 30.000 points and waiting for the reward, whatever it is. It's weird that the official Twitter didn't say anything about this Raid Mission, they just comment about the tournaments.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:34 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
TobyS wrote:RAID ON NOW IN UK 11 TILL 11 30K DAMAGE FOR CLOTHES MORE IS JIST TITLES GO GOGO GO
From what I've heard, the reward is the Golden Oozaru outfit. Probably not the GT one I assume and instead just a shiny gold fur skin. Which if you think about it, could be cool.

Anyway, It's after 11 AM in the US now and I'm not seeing it. Unless we all missed it? I would think someone would have said something on some site.
Is 30,000 damage the same as the contribution score number on the leader boards where you find your own score on the leaderboards?

Are they 1:1 ? Because I'm over 30k on there already....

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 pm

TobyS wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:

Is 30,000 damage the same as the contribution score number on the leader boards where you find your own score on the leaderboards?

Are they 1:1 ? Because I'm over 30k on there already....
I think they relate to different things.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:55 am

I just want Saiyan tails to finally move.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:14 am

So....is Time Patrol Trunks supposed to be the same Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super?

See originally (and mainly because of that manga too) it seemed like Future Trunks following his defeat of Cell became a Time Patroller.

Well that's obviously been screwed over with Super now. So is Time Patrol Trunks separate from the Future Trunks we all know or is it the same Trunks except now it'd have to be retconned in that Trunks became a Time Patroller after the defeat of Zamasu instead?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:19 am

Bullza wrote:So....is Time Patrol Trunks supposed to be the same Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super?

See originally (and mainly because of that manga too) it seemed like Future Trunks following his defeat of Cell became a Time Patroller.

Well that's obviously been screwed over with Super now. So is Time Patrol Trunks separate from the Future Trunks we all know or is it the same Trunks except now it'd have to be retconned in that Trunks became a Time Patroller after the defeat of Zamasu instead?
I think the story implies that the two are separate people. Maybe Black showing up caused a split, one timeline is the one where Trunks becomes a time patroller while the other is where Super's arc happens.

Kanassa wrote:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 am

Kanassa wrote:
Bullza wrote:So....is Time Patrol Trunks supposed to be the same Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super?

I think the story implies that the two are separate people. Maybe Black showing up caused a split, one timeline is the one where Trunks becomes a time patroller while the other is where Super's arc happens.
Yeah it was awkwardly vague, Trunks seemed to take ownership of the other Trunks actions implying he did them as well, but he kinda did that with GT Trunks too a little bit and they aren't the same guy. I think Super sadly created a plot hole, and unless they write round it's a contradiction that prevents the whole thing from being canon :(

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 am

well, with his own universe gone thanks to Zen-oh, he had to go somewhere. Looking to the gods for answers could very well have lead him to Chronoa. The time patrol was possibly even his own idea. I'd say that having a time traveling god come to kill you with power he gained from the timeline you helped create and blame you and your own time traveling for it would be a pretty good catalyst.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15 am

Yes. He acknowledges his time travel in Future Trunks saga by saying this line.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Bullza wrote:See originally (and mainly because of that manga too) it seemed like Future Trunks following his defeat of Cell became a Time Patroller.
Dragon Ball Online never stated when exactly he became a Time Patroller, so you can add future events and then make him become one.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 am

Grimlock wrote:Yes. He acknowledges his time travel in Future Trunks saga by saying this line.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Bullza wrote:See originally (and mainly because of that manga too) it seemed like Future Trunks following his defeat of Cell became a Time Patroller.
Dragon Ball Online never stated when exactly he became a Time Patroller, so you can add future events and then make him become one.
Well the Super Dragon Ball Heroes Dark Demon Realm Mission manga suggested that he became a Time Patroller after Cell.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm not sure about the other versions but yeah it would mean that Future Trunks would have to have become a Time Patroller after Merged Zamasu at the least.

But was Time Patrol Trunks capable of using Super Saiyan 2 in Xenoverse? If he can't then that would be a plot hole with the Future Trunks saga.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:54 am

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. I just got my reward for yesterday's raid, and... it is NOT what I heard. It's a golden turtle hermit gi. And only half of it no less. I have the top and the wristbands. I guess the next raid will produce the pants and shoes. Indeed, they have actually managed to make the raids even more shitty by splitting up the reward. Unless i'm wrong and this is all we get for the golden gi, in which case, that's even worse!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Bullza wrote:Well the Super Dragon Ball Heroes Dark Demon Realm Mission manga suggested that he became a Time Patroller after Cell.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Heroes manga is its own thing. We shouldn't and it's not meant to take it serious. When it comes to "serious business", we should look at Dragon Ball Online.
Bullza wrote:But was Time Patrol Trunks capable of using Super Saiyan 2 in Xenoverse? If he can't then that would be a plot hole with the Future Trunks saga.
He doesn't use Super Saiyan 2 in Xenoverse, but he probably has it since he's a Trunks from after Future Trunks saga.

~ War of the Dinobots ~