"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Heroes, Dokkan and all of the merch refer to Goku's newest form as "Ultra Instinct -Omen-", implying that it isn't the full thing.
It didn't do much to Jiren and if that's what it is then it makes sense he'll use the full one later on in the tournament so maybe it does end up being different. In the first poster we got of his back his hair was standing up so that's what the full one could end up being.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:38 am

Jiren the Ayy looks pretty cool. Hopefully he's fun to play! :thumbup:

It it just me or does that 17 look a bit older than the one that's already in the game?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Jiren the Ayy looks pretty cool. Hopefully he's fun to play! :thumbup:

It it just me or does that 17 look a bit older than the one that's already in the game?
They tweaked 17's face, his eyes aren't sunken in as much and they rounded them a tiny bit and they redid his jaw and chin, basically making him look more like the actual character compared to the base XV model. It doesn't seem they modeled his face to explicitly be the Super face though, looks more like a representation of 17 as a whole.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 am

Yeah, I just hope the story and the customization is going to be great because I feel like Ranger 17 should've been a costume and it's WAY to soon for Jiren, as the current saga isn't over yet. Those two should've been replaced with Baby Vegeta, Uub, or King Piccolo. Can't wait for Fu though.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Jiren the Ayy looks pretty cool. Hopefully he's fun to play! :thumbup:

They tweaked 17's face, his eyes aren't sunken in as much and they rounded them a tiny bit and they redid his jaw and chin, basically making him look more like the actual character compared to the base XV model. It doesn't seem they modeled his face to explicitly be the Super face though, looks more like a representation of 17 as a whole.
Thank Zeno... 17 & 18's models were getting on my nerves. Now, fix Goku's Super Saiyan hair.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:30 pm

I wonder if SSJB has some noticeable stat increases, because otherwise, paying for that transformation for your CAC is a little outrageous.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 pm

I was a little worried that Jiren was going to be a bit off-model, so to speak (i.e. he was going to look somewhat weird) because of the mods of him I've seen, but I'm not disappointed. His model alone looks incredible, and that's not even mentioning his attacks. Same goes for #17, I suppose! I'm excited.

Also, for those who didn't figure this out yet, I'm fairly certain Videl and #18 are wearing the trendy bikini via the partner system. It wouldn't make sense for those to be presets and it fits nicely with what we know about the aforementioned partner stuff.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I wonder if SSJB has some noticeable stat increases, because otherwise, paying for that transformation for your CAC is a little outrageous.
Free Update.

Also... Is it just me or does it look like your Avatar and Fuu are floating in Whis's God Training Realm thingy
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Pretty interesting. For some reason I thought ssb might spike hair as a test run for xv3 but no luck. Hearing Jirens English voice will be interesting and Fuus, but he will probably just sound like kabuto from naruto.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 pm

nato25 wrote:Pretty interesting. For some reason I thought ssb might spike hair as a test run for xv3 but no luck. Hearing Jirens English voice will be interesting and Fuus, but he will probably just sound like kabuto from naruto.
It still irks me that they didn't add that to Xenoverse 2. I wanna have my CaC with down hair be up when he's Super Saiyan, dammit!
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Free uptade (until now):
1) "over-limit" new skill apparently
2) ssblue transformation for CaC
3) New outfit for mentors

I think that next month we'll get new info about: UI goku, new miniatures and new mentor personalization.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, this new DLC looks insane!

And Super Saiyan Blue is confirmed? Those pics on the bottom lefr are hard to see but looks like a female CaC going Blue (along with what seems like Videl and 18 in bikinis :wtf: )

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:22 pm

So are the swimsuits going to be available in the TP medal shop or are they stupid raid unlocks?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:36 pm

The way they're desperately trying to keep this game relevant after Fighter Z is admirable. :lol:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Since XV3 only added 14 new characters (with actually original strings and not copies) and one pre-order character, i have finally come up with my regular expectations for XV3’s roster.

Mechikabura
Demon God Towa
SSJ4 Time Breaker Broly or Dark Masked King
Ribrianne
Ganos
Kale
Caulifla
Kafla
Katopesra
Bergamo
Obuni or Master Roshi or Uub/Majuub
Baby Vegeta
Toppo
Dyspo
Majin Android 21 (pre-order bonus)

I am fully aware that XV3 should have more character additions than XV2 but its best to have low expectations so you can be blown away later. The characters with “or” just means that it equally go either way. A fusion of original story drive characters, the key characters of the most recent arc of Super, and one or two missing characters. I chose Majin 21 as the pre-order since it would be cross advertising both games which Bamco is already doing and she fits the bill for “unique character that people would like to have but isn’t essential for a regular completed roster” type if character.

I’d honestly be completely satisfied if xv3 only added them but I’d still like more.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:18 pm

YAY JIREN!!!!!! .....is one of the images him about to perform his "Simple Punch"?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:21 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: And Super Saiyan Blue is confirmed? Those pics on the bottom lefr are hard to see but looks like a female CaC going Blue (along with what seems like Videl and 18 in bikinis :wtf: )
Yup.
excelhedge wrote:So are the swimsuits going to be available in the TP medal shop or are they stupid raid unlocks?
Pretty sure they are part of the new costumes for the new customization feature for series characters.
Lord Frieza wrote:YAY JIREN!!!!!! .....is one of the images him about to perform his "Simple Punch"?
Looks like it.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:24 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:YAY JIREN!!!!!! .....is one of the images him about to perform his "Simple Punch"?
Looks like it.
I wonder......will that count as melee or ki? I hope Melee since that's what my current character is based around.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote: And Super Saiyan Blue is confirmed? Those pics on the bottom lefr are hard to see but looks like a female CaC going Blue (along with what seems like Videl and 18 in bikinis :wtf: )
Yup.
When does the free update drop? Does V-Jump say?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
excelhedge wrote:So are the swimsuits going to be available in the TP medal shop or are they stupid raid unlocks?
Pretty sure they are part of the new costumes for the new customization feature for series characters.
I'm pretty sure they are as well, but I'd like to add that the trendy bikini itself was originally a tournament reward and later a raid reward. So if the costumes need to be unlocked already, you're out of luck if you don't have it.
MKCSTEALTH wrote:When does the free update drop? Does V-Jump say?
If the DLC drops on the 27th of February (it's not confirmed, but it's highly likely to), then the free update will probably be a day or two before then.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune