"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:57 am

I just LOVE the whole thing about doing this Zero Mortal plan thing to get the Golden Gi. :lolno:

I either keep getting dropped from rooms because of "Internet Issues", can't FIND any rooms, or no one joins the ones I actually get into.

I had two, TWO good matches. That's it. :evil:

And yes, I've done the All Region, All Levels search, MANY times. I've done Quick Match, with the previous results still factoring in.

JUST PUT THE GOLDEN GI IN THE TP SHOP DIMPS! :evil:

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 am

Jackalope89 wrote:I just LOVE the whole thing about doing this Zero Mortal plan thing to get the Golden Gi. :lolno:

I either keep getting dropped from rooms because of "Internet Issues", can't FIND any rooms, or no one joins the ones I actually get into.

I had two, TWO good matches. That's it. :evil:

And yes, I've done the All Region, All Levels search, MANY times. I've done Quick Match, with the previous results still factoring in.

JUST PUT THE GOLDEN GI IN THE TP SHOP DIMPS! :evil:
Try hosting the match. I used to have a lot of the same trouble you did, so now I host, and it doesn't give me nearly as much of a headache (though occasionally I get DC'd even then).
Also, if possible, connect your system directly to your router, if you haven't already.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:36 am

Same here... servers are always bad.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:02 am

So how exactly do you go about getting the Z rank on the Extra Pack PQ's? There's a trophy tied to it and I got a Z rank on one out of the five by chance.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:06 am

Bullza wrote:So how exactly do you go about getting the Z rank on the Extra Pack PQ's? There's a trophy tied to it and I got a Z rank on one out of the five by chance.
I used my Saiyan Female Ki Blast Build, and brought SSGSS Goku (3rd preset) and "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo" Piccolo into the mission. I just spammed Big Bang Kamehameha and other moves till I beat everyone. Bring plenty of healing items, especially for the PQ with Fu and the very last one

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:57 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Bullza wrote:So how exactly do you go about getting the Z rank on the Extra Pack PQ's? There's a trophy tied to it and I got a Z rank on one out of the five by chance.
I used my Saiyan Female Ki Blast Build, and brought SSGSS Goku (3rd preset) and "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo" Piccolo into the mission. I just spammed Big Bang Kamehameha and other moves till I beat everyone. Bring plenty of healing items, especially for the PQ with Fu and the very last one
Well somehow that seemed to work, thanks for that.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Bullza wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Well somehow that seemed to work, thanks for that.
No problem! That setup works for pretty much every PQ except for the very last one, and the one where you fight Champa and Vados. Those two came down to sheer luck for me

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:18 am

Trying Zamasu's God Splitter tutorial and I can't for the life of me pass this one... seems like the game just isn't recognizing my combos or I'm just not hitting... did anyone else have this much difficulty? I've been at itnfor hours and even threw my controller across the room... I haven't been this pissed at my PS4 ever lol.

If anyone has any tips to beat that last string of combos that just seem impossible?

And if you say to keep trying or to hit him harder, I will kick you in the dick. Lol jk, I wouldn't really, just referencing team four star hahaha
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Banana wrote:Trying Zamasu's God Splitter tutorial and I can't for the life of me pass this one... seems like the game just isn't recognizing my combos or I'm just not hitting... did anyone else have this much difficulty? I've been at itnfor hours and even threw my controller across the room... I haven't been this pissed at my PS4 ever lol.

If anyone has any tips to beat that last string of combos that just seem impossible?

And if you say to keep trying or to hit him harder, I will kick you in the dick. Lol jk, I wouldn't really, just referencing team four star hahaha
I had a little difficulty with it, but yours isn't the first I've seen to have that much.

How, I don't know. I was at it for maybe a half hour, tops, before I beat it. I'd have to go back and check it out to remind myself, but it was never that bad for me.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Banana wrote:Trying Zamasu's God Splitter tutorial and I can't for the life of me pass this one... seems like the game just isn't recognizing my combos or I'm just not hitting... did anyone else have this much difficulty? I've been at itnfor hours and even threw my controller across the room... I haven't been this pissed at my PS4 ever lol.

Try inputting each action as soon as you pressing the buttons for the previous one, rather than waiting for the animation to finish. As weird as that sounds, it essentially "queues up" the next action. Won't always work, but it can help.
Honestly, I found the Zamasu ones pretty easy; it was the ones you have to do for the Elder Kaioshin challenges that made me scream obscenities at my TV.

Good luck!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Nia wrote:

Try inputting each action as soon as you pressing the buttons for the previous one, rather than waiting for the animation to finish. As weird as that sounds, it essentially "queues up" the next action. Won't always work, but it can help.
Honestly, I found the Zamasu ones pretty easy; it was the ones you have to do for the Elder Kaioshin challenges that made me scream obscenities at my TV.

Good luck!
Yes! This! I still haven't really figured out that flash step thing. Stupid timing crap.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:18 am

So, I just heard that when the update for DLC 6 came out, you know with partners, Super Saiyan Blue, and all that stuff, they actually updated Goku Black's voice to sound more like the anime, both in base form and Super Saiyan Rosé. I never knew this because I haven't played this game in English for a while, so I want to know from you guys since at least 90% of you do play it in English, is this true?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Nia wrote:

Good luck!
Yes! This! I still haven't really figured out that flash step thing. Stupid timing crap.
You mean the Vanish Step? Hold the direction you wanna go in, tap the dash button, and tap ascend (if you're using the default PS4 controls, that'd be "left analog stick forward + tap L2 and immediately after, tap X). You can use it at any time your character uses the "stepping" animation. Then you can them in succession to keep the chain going. Makes for a great evasive technique, especially against someone with major tells in their attacks like Merged Zamasu.
Unless I'm thinking of something else, in which case, disregard what I just said.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Those Zamasu training missions were so rage inducing for me. The guy kept vanishing out of my combos, turning the task into a luck of the draw kind of thing that I really wasn't a fan of. On top of that, he keeps attacking and blocking, leaving me waiting for an opening just so I can attempt to start my combo. So then I had an idea. I'll just stamina break him. Then he won't be able to block or vanish and make me have to start over and over again until he finally lets me finish. But nope. When Zamasu is stamina broken, the combos do not register. Magnificent. I was able to finally finish it eventually, but it felt more like I had gotten extremely lucky, rather than like I had learned some new skill.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:13 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:So, I just heard that when the update for DLC 6 came out, you know with partners, Super Saiyan Blue, and all that stuff, they actually updated Goku Black's voice to sound more like the anime, both in base form and Super Saiyan Rosé. I never knew this because I haven't played this game in English for a while, so I want to know from you guys since at least 90% of you do play it in English, is this true?
No. It's the same. There are some cutscenes, though, for Fu's storyline that sound like that, but they didn't completely overhaul the voice. If they did, it would certainly have been mentioned here before now.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Nia wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
Nia wrote:

Good luck!
You mean the Vanish Step? Hold the direction you wanna go in, tap the dash button, and tap ascend (if you're using the default PS4 controls, that'd be "left analog stick forward + tap L2 and immediately after, tap X). You can use it at any time your character uses the "stepping" animation. Then you can them in succession to keep the chain going. Makes for a great evasive technique, especially against someone with major tells in their attacks like Merged Zamasu.
Unless I'm thinking of something else, in which case, disregard what I just said.
Yeah, Vanish Step.
But I'm on Xbox One, and its getting that stupid timing down for me that's the issue.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Is it the one where you have to stamina break him? If it is, you can't combo into the stamina break or it won't accept the input.

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:38 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:So, I just heard that when the update for DLC 6 came out, you know with partners, Super Saiyan Blue, and all that stuff, they actually updated Goku Black's voice to sound more like the anime, both in base form and Super Saiyan Rosé. I never knew this because I haven't played this game in English for a while, so I want to know from you guys since at least 90% of you do play it in English, is this true?

Thanks everyone for your help with Zamasu, still at it ugh, and sorry I haven't played this game in English, so hopefully someone else might be able to answer this question. Quoting for attention.

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Is it the one where you have to stamina break him? If it is, you can't combo into the stamina break or it won't accept the input.
Yeah I do stamina break him on occasion by accident, but that just wastes time- what I'm still really trying to do is get it to recognize x and square on my PS4 I guess I just fail lol

Edit! I finally got the damn move awwww yeah!!!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Due to the lack of XV2 news from the latest V-jump, i think its safe to say that XV2 is done being supported in terms of DLC.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"