Which game had the best and/or most complete costumes

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Which game had the best and/or most complete costumes

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:35 pm

I vote for Budokai 1 for having the best alts (with Zarbon, Vegeta, and Hercules having the best ones) and BT3 and Xenoverse for having the most complete ones.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Viewtiful Jess
Beyond Newbie

Re: Which game had the best and/or most complete costumes

Post by Viewtiful Jess » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:02 pm

I think mines a 4-way tie between Super DBZ, Budokai 3/Infinite World, BT3 and Xenoverse too. SDBZ had some really great alts. One of the first games to have Goku's Yardrat Outfit, the ONLY game where you can play with Gohan in the Kai Outfit. Krillin getting his jacket and hat from the Namek Saga. Ox Princess Chi-Chi? :thumbup:

B3/IW was my entire childhood, and while I have personal problems with IW, I think they have some great selection of costumes, person favorite being Ginyu in Goku's Gi, Armor Trunks, Saiyan Saga Vegeta who's able to go Majin SSJ2. Great stuff!

You already mentioned the last two, I'll just throw in how happy I am that Arlia Colored Vegeta was in BT3 and Videl got her Broly Second Coming outfit.

I think Sagas too on a lesser part, why? Because no game after it could give us Kid Future Trunks (unless XV2 has him as a character), Teen Future Trunks and a one armed Future Gohan.
  • ✪ 2008 - Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
    ✪ 2009 - Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    ✪ 2010 - Dragon Ball Online / Dragon Ball Heroes
    ✪ 2011 - Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock
    ✪ 2015 - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse / Dragon Ball Super
    ✪ 2016 - Dragon Ball: Fusions
Dragon Ball AF is REAL

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:50 am

Viewtiful Jess wrote: a one armed Future Gohan.
Still can't believe to this day that Sagas is the only game that had that Gohan.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:33 am

EXBadguy wrote:
Viewtiful Jess wrote: a one armed Future Gohan.
Still can't believe to this day that Sagas is the only game that had that Gohan.
Right and I really thought XV2 would be the ones to do it but I guess not. I mean I can see why they don't in the sense that some kids might be playing the game and for ESRB rating purposes and what not but that's the character. It is who he is and he should be included as is.

As far as it goes I can't really pick a certain game but if I had to I would say Super DBZ because it had Gohan in the Kai outfit. If Xenoverse 2 can give us Trunks from Movie 8/9 costume and possibly EoZ Goku if Uub is in the game then XV2 can be on that top tier costume list.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:55 pm

I'd say Tenkaichi 3. There were tons of alternate costumes you could chose from for several characters. Xenoverse 1 is a close second.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Xenoverse for me. It had just about every last one of Goku's damaged outfits of his gi (albeit some were slightly inaccurate), and Vegeta had all of his costumes. Of course, those Presets really get in the way of enjoying the actual selection thanks to terrible stats. I don't have Infinite World, but I would like to get it partially because of the costumes there. Budokai 3 is too limited, though.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Viewtiful Jess
Beyond Newbie

Post by Viewtiful Jess » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:41 am

I'd think it'd be great if XV2 could somehow work in Kakarot[spoiler]Image[/spoiler] this is an alt I've always wanted, but never understood why they wouldn't do it.
  • ✪ 2008 - Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
    ✪ 2009 - Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    ✪ 2010 - Dragon Ball Online / Dragon Ball Heroes
    ✪ 2011 - Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock
    ✪ 2015 - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse / Dragon Ball Super
    ✪ 2016 - Dragon Ball: Fusions
Dragon Ball AF is REAL

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:48 am

Budokai 3 looked like it was designed by actual fans.

Gerzo
Patreon Supporter

Post by Gerzo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:14 am

I liked that in BT3 that Yamcha had is first Dragon Ball outfit, especially since his desert level was also in the game.