Dragon Ball GBA

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Dragon Ball GBA

Post by simtek34 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:36 pm

Hello! I will be going to a retro game store by my house and I will be purchasing a Game Boy Advance, Pokémon LeafGreen, the Sonic Advance trilogy, and I would like to know the best Dragon Ball game for that console. (I am thinking about getting DB: Advance Adventure) Let me know your opinions for the best Dragon Ball game for that handleld on this thread from now to Sunday at 10:00 AM CST. I will count all the games and buy the one with the most votes.
Last edited by simtek34 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball GBA

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Advance Adventure, Legacy of Goku II and SuperSonic Warriors are pretty good games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Haven't played many, but I say Supersonic Warriors.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure is absolutely excellent. Definitely my top recommendation.

Supersonic Warriors is also a very fun and unique 2D fighter.

Legacy of Goku II and Buu's Fury are OK.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:18 pm

I recommend Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure. The Japanese version. The English versions replace Makafushigi Adventure, Mezase Tenka-ichi, and whatever other songs were in it. I don't think the text was too important in that game. Someone else who's played it more recently can hopefully say more on that.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

saiyanvegetable
Temporarily Banned

Post by saiyanvegetable » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Supersonic Warriors is probably one of the best DBZ games ever, period. Play it instead of the sequel.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Buu's Fury

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Pretty much all of the GBA games were pretty great IMO, and well worth checking out at least once. The Legacy of Goku trilogy (Legacy of Goku, Legacy of Goku II, Buu's Fury) are pretty much a must-play IMO - I'd argue they're some of the most fun I've ever had in a DB based RPG. If you've ever been at all interested in the old card game by Score, than the GBA version of the Collectible Card Game can be fairly fun too, albeit gets old fast (or at least it did for me - never did manage to completely beat the thing). Advanced Adventure is pretty much fun too, especially once you get to the point where you can literally play as anything in the game, including floating robot camera things. It's petty zany. Supersonic Warriors is the one I have the least experience with (as it's also the only GBA game for the franchise I don't own), but what little I remember of it is pretty fun.

Really the only ones you want to avoid unless you're feeling masochistic or just have to play every game ever, are Taiketsu and Transformation. Really just Taiketsu - Transformation is fairly forgettable, but at least you might get some level of enjoyment out of it. Taiketsu though is just...just god-awful. Probably one of the worst games I've ever played.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Supersonic Warriors was truly an amazing game. I enjoyed the LOG series as well. If you can find Legendary Super Warriors (It's a GBC game but plays on GBA) Then I would definitely grab that. Easily one of my favorite DBZ games of all time.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721