Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:27 pm

-I call for the Appules and the Frieza Soldiers to be removed from the main roster and just have them as NPC opponents in the story mode and parallel quests. I mean, nobody uses those characters anyway, right?

-Have a mode similar to the SIM Dragon mode in BT3, but I don't mind if they keep the Hero Colosseum mode. I enjoy that mode too.

-Make real craters and.or explosions when an ultimate hits the ground.

-A couple more races like Androids and Demons

-Many paths in the story mode and parallel quests.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:38 am

EXBadguy wrote:-I call for the Appules and the Frieza Soldiers to be removed from the main roster and just have them as NPC opponents in the story mode and parallel quests. I mean, nobody uses those characters anyway, right?

-Have a mode similar to the SIM Dragon mode in BT3, but I don't mind if they keep the Hero Colosseum mode. I enjoy that mode too.

How, exactly, would "androids" be any different from humans? I keep seeing people post they want Androids as a race, but, barring Cell, there's little difference aesthetically between them and humans. And humans are already incredibly similar to Saiyans. Why add another identical "race"?

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:-I call for the Appules and the Frieza Soldiers to be removed from the main roster and just have them as NPC opponents in the story mode and parallel quests. I mean, nobody uses those characters anyway, right?

How, exactly, would "androids" be any different from humans? I keep seeing people post they want Androids as a race, but, barring Cell, there's little difference aesthetically between them and humans. And humans are already incredibly similar to Saiyans. Why add another identical "race"?
The one I bolded is exactly what I meant, but since we're talking about the regular androids, Dimps can have them dismember their own body parts for either weapons or blasting beams. Also, they could have the best battle senses and stamina out of any race and have the self-destructive attack as a last resort, an attack that's solely for them.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:43 pm

It's not just new races, but sub-races to them. Androids can be divided into three sub-categories;

Mecha: Full on mechanical androids, such as #12-16 and #19. They don't have biological components and can have special moves with different animations, like 16's rocket punch and Hellblast. And their Upgraded form can be more reminiscent of Super Android #13.

Enhanced: Cybernetic-lifeform like Androids #17&18 and now #21. They are made with a living base and enhanced using organic, living alloys. They have higher ki regeneration and whose upgraded form can be better viewed with Super #17 or taking a different path, like with the released DBFZ, like Android #21's Majin form. However I feel that appearance is better used for actual Majin's.

Bioroid: A biological machine, a synthetic organism like Cell with the ability to consume and absorb living matter in order to become stronger and transform. This allows more creative options in appearance and can transform from an Imperfect to Perfect Stage, then Super Perfect.

It's not a bad idea to give players more options in creating their characters. Especially when getting teased and blueballed with Dragonball Heroes, when they have other OC's as both Kaioshin and Androids.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I know some complain that it'd be a lot of work for them, but given the scale of laziness we've seen in the previous two games, I feel they need to put in a lot more effort this time around. I honestly wish they'd listen better. Because if they don't make a lot of major changes to the next game, it's going to fail massively.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:14 pm

For the Majins and Namekians, they need transformations that DON'T drain stamina. And preferably fix the stamina thing with male majins as well. I'd be fine if they didn't get that extra defense boost in exchange for that.

Snart

Post by Snart » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:27 pm

I haven't had time to read the other replies so sorry if anything is too similar, buuuut by wishlist would probably be something like this:

- Cell race

- Copy Vegeta

- God tier transformations for all races kind of like Dragon Ball Heroes

- If the ToP makes it into the main story or in DLC, I'd like to see Kefla, Kale, and Caulifla and all of the major Pride Troopers.

- More unpredictable (I guess that's the right word?) characters getting power boosts from the villains/ a new way of meddling with the timeline

- More MMO elements/More arena fighter elements. I wish they'd find a better focus on one or the other

- More transformations for characters from the series. I wish they would've taken advantage of the reworked transformations to add more dynamic gameplay (Golden Frieza transformation, Super Saiyan Blue, etc.)
Goku Black Rosé is beautiful

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Since Dimps might stick with 3-D models, how about making them semi-realistic like how it is in some of the AAA games. Compared to FighterZ, Xenoverse looks grounded as hell graphic wise, so I say continue on the realistic path.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:58 pm

Including an "Android" or "half Saiyan" race or whatever would be an incredible waste of time.
The Earthling's race just needs to get exclusive body and attire creation options that Saiyan's can't get. For example Earthlings would have a Pilaf/monster type ears option, animal/furry specific ears, eyes, mouth, nose, tails, horns, and animal like skin patterns for Earthling created characters. This is due to DB Earthling's having Human, Animal, and Monster type Earthling's in its world.

That would allow people to create Shin-Jinn, the hell onis, and other animal like beings with the Earthling's slot. The Frieza race should have more Cell like parts for anyone who wants to create bio androids like Cell. While the custom creator as a whole should allow us to morph our characters bodies how we see fit. So we can make characters as fat as Buu or Ribrianne. As slim as 17 or Cabba. Or as huge as Broly or Jiren, and everything in between. Giving far more options

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:Including an "Android" or "half Saiyan" race or whatever would be an incredible waste of time.
The Earthling's race just needs to get exclusive body and attire creation options that Saiyan's can't get. For example Earthlings would have a Pilaf/monster type ears option, animal/furry specific ears, eyes, mouth, nose, tails, horns, and animal like skin patterns for Earthling created characters. This is due to DB Earthling's having Human, Animal, and Monster type Earthling's in its world.

That would allow people to create Shin-Jinn, the hell onis, and other animal like beings with the Earthling's slot. The Frieza race should have more Cell like parts for anyone who wants to create bio androids like Cell. While the custom creator as a whole should allow us to morph our characters bodies how we see fit. So we can make characters as fat as Buu or Ribrianne. As slim as 17 or Cabba. Or as huge as Broly or Jiren, and everything in between. Giving far more options
With the race you choose giving you the general template to work with.

Probably one of the biggest complaints I see about the male Majins, aside from the whole stamina passive thing, is that you only get varying levels of Fat Buu, and nothing like Evil or Super Buu. And with Saiyans, with body types ranging from small like Vegeta to massive like Nappa or even Broly, we only get to be a tad taller than Goku.

The body type should be easy enough to implement, as going back to at least the Saints Row games had it where you could be skinny, fat, muscular, and everything in between with a simple slider mechanic. You could go from skinny like Cabba, to as buff as Broly with it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:54 pm

First of all, the graphics need major improvements! The game can't keep the same graphic style, especially after FighterZ's extremely positive feedback for its anime-like graphics, which made clear that fans prefer the anime look. If the graphics could look like XV2's GFX scenes (Bardock's death, Future Gohan's fight with androids and Trunks going SSJ) then they would be good.
They also have to add permanent environmental damage, along with a better destruction of the stage.
There's also a problem with muscle mass. Some characters are way bulkier than what they are in the show, they need to slim down almost everyone. The characters should look like what they look in the anime/manga.

General Wishlist

[spoiler]- SSJ hair spiking up! This is a must after two games without this feature
- SSJ3 hair should look different, and shouldn't always look like Goku's
- Better flying mechanics for the HUB world
- Dragon Balls should be found in the HUB world too, with the Dragon Radar
- Clothes destruction and better battle damage
- More combos
- Some guard animations
- New time-rifts. Ability to fly in time-rifts too
- Balance the cast characters, including weaker ones, so that there isn't a extremely huge gap in power between characters like Broly and Raditz
- Customizable moveset for cast characters (there would be a list with their moves, which the player can choose, similar to Raging Blast 2)
- Remove capsules
- More in-game transformations
- More stages[/spoiler]

Create a Character

[spoiler]- More options all around, including a new face features option for facial hair and scars
- More options for height and body types
- Tail option for Saiyans
- Skinny option for Buu's race
- Make all clothes colorable
- Option to equip more than one accessory
- Option to change aura color
- Option to change fighting styles (combo strings, grab, fighting stance, flying style, guard style, ki blasts style etc...)
- Option to change flying style
- Option to use a weapon in battle
- New transformations[/spoiler]
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Balance the cast characters, including weaker ones, so that there isn't a extremely huge gap in power between characters like Broly and Raditz
Uh, I think that's the whole point of characters gradually getting stronger and surpassing previous foes.

Sorry, but this is one thing I just can't get behind. Otherwise, you might as well put the Saibamen on par with Beerus with that kind of reasoning.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:42 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
Balance the cast characters, including weaker ones, so that there isn't a extremely huge gap in power between characters like Broly and Raditz
Uh, I think that's the whole point of characters gradually getting stronger and surpassing previous foes.

Sorry, but this is one thing I just can't get behind. Otherwise, you might as well put the Saibamen on par with Beerus with that kind of reasoning.
During the story mode it makes sense to have a progression, but in local and online battles why should only 2-3 characters be viable? If someone likes Saibamen and is good with it, why shouldn't he be able to beat someone using Beerus? This is still a game, and even if it has RPG elements it's not a MMORPG and the cast characters shouldn't be useless. Look at FighterZ, does anybody care if Krillin or Yamcha can beat Beerus?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:30 pm

emperior wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:

During the story mode it makes sense to have a progression, but in local and online battles why should only 2-3 characters be viable? If someone likes Saibamen and is good with it, why shouldn't he be able to beat someone using Beerus? This is still a game, and even if it has RPG elements it's not a MMORPG and the cast characters shouldn't be useless. Look at FighterZ, does anybody care if Krillin or Yamcha can beat Beerus?
You want me to answer that honestly?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm

Story mode:
-King Piccolo saga
-GT saga (the DLC one was trash except Super 17 that wasn't that bad)

Characters:
-King Piccolo (young/old)
-Kid Goku
-Roshi (base/max power)
-Mercenary Tao (base/cyborg)
-Son Gohan (grandpa)
-Arale
-GT vegeta (base/ssj/ssj2)
-Baby Vegeta (all forms)
-Rildo (1st and 3rd forms)
-Uub (base/majuub)
-Oceanus Shenron (princess oto form + real one for cutscene)
-Haze Shenron
-Rage Shenron (giant form)
-Naturon Shenron (mole and pan absorbed)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Story Mode:
Same as Heroes. Find a way to lead it into a similar story like heroes. Mechikabura comes back and tries to get his youth but instead he is gonna use the Super Dragon Balls. There is Demon God Towa, Demon God Dabura, Mira, and some time breakers. Since Fuu will be introduced i’ll Have hi just watching ad observing from the shadows. In the end, Mechikabura gets his wish and gets his prime youthful form back. How ever that story ends in Heroes is how it ends in XV3. Then comes the Prison Planet Arc. Since it hasn’t actually happened yet and it wont until spring, all we know is that Fuu plays a major part, DBS Future Trunks is in jail, and the Super characters, Blue Goku, Vegeta, and Mai somehow come to the Heroes timeline where instead of SSB Goku is XENO Goku SSJ4 and fight against him and others to rescue Future Trunks.

So yeah:

-Dark Demon Realm Saga
-Prison Planet Saga

This is my low expectations roster:

Mechikabura (prime)
Demon God Towa
SSJ4 Time Breaker Broly or Dark Masked King
Ribrianne
Ganos (base/super-duck)
Controlled Berserk Kale
Caulifla (base/ssj/ssj2)
Kafla (base/ssj/ssj2)
Katopesra (base/ultimate mode change)
Bergamo
Obuni or Master Roshi (base/max) or Uub (base/Majuub)
Baby Vegeta
Toppo (base/Hakaishin)
Dyspo
Majin Android 21 (pre-order bonus)

This is my wishlist roster:

Adult Fuu
Mechikabura (prime)
Surpreme Kai of Time Chronoa (Ring of Light transformation)
Demon God Towa
Makyouka Demigra
Dark Masked King Vegeta or Putine
SSJ4 Time Breaker Broly or Gravy
Toppo (base/hakashin)
Dyspo
Ribrianne
Ganos
Controlled Berserk Kale
Caulifla (base/ssj/ssj2)
Kafla (base/ssj/ssj2)
Maji Kayo or U3 Megazord
Katopesra (base/Ultimate Mode Change)
Basil
Lavenda
Bergamo
Obuni or Hatchiyak or Garlic Jr or Merconary Tao
Master Roshi
Baby Vegeta
Uub/Majuub
Pikkon
Arale
Yamoshi (secret character or pre-order bonus)
Majin Android 21 (secret character or pre-order bonus)

When you see “or”, it means that it could go either way for my choice.

This is my Low Expectations for new stages:

World of Void T.o.P Arena (Black)
World of Void T.o.P Arena (Cracked)
Demon Realm
Beerus’s Planet
Planet Sadal (probably to be introduced in the new movie)

My Stage Wishlist:

World of Void T.o.P Arena (Black)
World of Void T.o.P Arena (Cracked)
Zenos’ Palace
Demon Realm
Beerus’s Planet
Mt. Poazu
Planet Sadal (probably to be introduced in the new movie)
Baba’s Palace
King Kai’s Planet
Prison Planet
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
emperior wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:

You want me to answer that honestly?
Sure.

I don`t. Mechanics > sauce material.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:01 pm

They can do whatever the hell they want with character inclusions and mechanics for all I care. Above all else, I just want a co-op campaign. Teaming up with friends is where I personally have the most fun with Xenoverse, and I think having co-op would alleviate some of the problems I have with the medicore at best story modes. I don't see why it wouldn't make sense in the context of Xenoverse's story to be sending multiple patrollers on big missions either.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:57 pm

So far, just making Xenoverse 3 open world given that the main plaza gets larger each game.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:44 pm

-Be able to color every outfit piece you get aside from CaC related clothes.

-Able to make your own combos using samples from other fighters instead of just the combos assigned to your race/gender.

-Change aura/ki/attack colors.

-Change hair designs when turning SSJ/SSJ3 for your CaC.

I just want my CaC to feel entirely different than everyone elses. Everyone kind of blends together when we have little creative freedom with how we look and fight.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:38 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:So far, just making Xenoverse 3 open world given that the main plaza gets larger each game.
Exactly my thoughts. We're getting our dream DB game boys!!