Why are new games ignoring base Teen Gohan?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Re: Why are new games ignoring base Teen Gohan?

Post by Neon Z » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:00 pm

It's actually an odd case, considering how they can easily reuse the same model made for SSJ1 Gohan and just change his hair color. I don't think it's really a general trend though.

Extreme Butoden has Base Teen Gohan (even though he needed an unique head, rather than just being a pallet swap - although they use him as a replacement for the younger Gohans from the Saiyan and Freeza arcs too), and Dragonball Fusions has the oddest selection ever, with both Base and SSJ Gohan, but no SSJ2.
Xeztin wrote:They are doing it with a lot of characters, If I'm not mistaken Cell's 2nd form was kicked from Xenoverse 2. I don't know why they are doing it but I hate it.
Cell only had Perfect and Super Perfect forms in Xenoverse 1. They've added his 1st form now (as a separate character), but didn't bother with the 2nd one. At least, in a case like that, they'd need a completely new model for his other form. Gohan's model is right there and just needs different textures.

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:38 pm

Sorry
What I just meant before is
that I don't know why leave out some cool accurate forms
and presenting forms that actually don't exist.
Feels like as if this game is trying to look like dragonball
instead of being it.

Whatever you don't need to agree
if you can't even do it 2 + 2

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:52 pm

What forms that don't "exist" (whatever that means)?

You mean the brainwash state? Well, the ones we see in Xenoverse series don't "exist" per si, but they are based on the brainwash seen in Dragon Ball Online and that one "exists" (again, whatever this word means in this context).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:52 am

Neon Z wrote: At least, in a case like that, they'd need a completely new model for his other form. Gohan's model is right there and just needs different textures.
But, the game already has the base Gohan model. They just need to put it in and add an SS1 transformation animation.https://youtu.be/tVrxxEfFw5U?t=6m24s Watch here.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34