Advanced Adventure

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Advanced Adventure

Post by PelicanDynasty » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:15 pm

I started playing this yesterday on hard mode, and maybe I just suck, but Advanced Adventure is BRUTAL on hard. The levels aren't that bad, but the bosses rip me a new one over and over again. Yamcha beat me to death like 30 times before I got him, and don't even get me started on Pilaf. It could take me 100 tries to beat him, and you only get so many attempts before you have to do the whole level all over. So I'm curious, anyone else ever have this much trouble or is it just me?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Advanced Adventure

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:09 am

The challenge increases a bit, but overcoming waves of enemies is still relatively simple. You just need to get used to everyone coming from anywhere. The bosses are a matter of patience. Learn how to avoid their arsenal first, then think about how you want to get in the most damage before they're ready to strike again. It's vital that you can gauge their movements effectively. Experiment with the order of your attacks and the range they cover. You should be familiar with animations that can be recovered from quickly when overwhelmed. If anything, it tests your actual stamina like most older action platformers do. I would agree that enduring these trials may feel like forever. You'll just have to channel your shouki. :thumbup: