Dragon Ball Super Games

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Super Games

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:03 am

So I've been wondering lately, when Bamco shows off the next DB game, what're they gonna do about Super? When Final Bout was first released in Japan, it didn't have the GT name, hell, there wasn't even a dedicated GT game until a few years after it finished airing. I think the reason for this was because even though GT was the current series back then, Bandai didn't wanna abandon Z, so they made Final Bout a franchise crossover, getting around the need for the GT subtitle. Since GT ended in '97 and another DB console game wasn't released until 2002, Final Bout was the first and last game to have GT content until Budokai 3, allowing Bandai to skirt around the issue completely. Thing is, with Super the same problem with the transition seems to be arising, but Super isn't showing any signs of stopping yet. Shit, if anything it looks like it'll go on for at least another year. A few games already have Super content, but most of the games released post-Super don't have the Z or Super subtitle (I guess Heroes has it, but Heroes throws in anything mildly DB-related as soon as it happens). Basically what I'm trying to ask is, do you guys think they're gonna keep making DBZ games that just go Raditz-to-Zamasu now, or are we gonna go full circle back to the 90's and have some games based directly off of Super?
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super Games

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:17 am

There's no way to know for sure, but based on where we are right now, it looks like any games that cover stuff that's basically Dragon Ball as a whole (or at least has Z, GT, and maybe Super aspects, since original DB continues to be ignored sadly) will get just a 'Dragon Ball' moniker, something the games have been kind of playing around with since Raging Blast, and persists now with Xenoverse and Fusions.

Anything that's series specific though? Like, say, we get another game that only covers the Z portion of the series, or something that only covers Super actually? At that point they'll probably break out the specific logos and titles again.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Only long-time Dragon Ball fans give a shit about Super. I doubt there'd be a Super-exclusive game atm.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Jendrzej99

Post by Jendrzej99 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:02 pm

I play in Space warriors. This is browser game ;) This is very interesting.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:32 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Only long-time Dragon Ball fans give a shit about Super. I doubt there'd be a Super-exclusive game atm.
How did you come to that conclusion? :eh:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:23 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Only long-time Dragon Ball fans give a shit about Super. I doubt there'd be a Super-exclusive game atm.
How did you come to that conclusion? :eh:
Because it is true in most cases and I doubt it would do much for people who aren't already into Dragon Ball.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:38 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Because it is true in most cases and I doubt it would do much for people who aren't already into Dragon Ball.
Near as I can tell, you're just making up a statistic based on absolutely nothing. This is highly frowned upon.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:02 pm

Tell this to my cousin or some friends who don't actually watch db and some of them have watched more of super at this point, some of them even droped the franchis, heard me talking about it, and then one day started watching it, so i don't think that only the long-time fans would care, just give super's game the same mechanics as budokai tenkaichi 3 or budokai 3, and anyone can enjoy playing it without being a fan :lol: :lol: :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:27 pm

As far as I remember (not counting Final Bout), wasn't there just one GT game and one Kai game? Probably will be the same with this one.

Does Super DBH count as a Super game?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:43 pm

The S wrote:As far as I remember (not counting Final Bout), wasn't there just one GT game and one Kai game? Probably will be the same with this one.

Does Super DBH count as a Super game?
Yeah, there was GT: Transformation, Kai Ultamine Būtoden and Kai Attack of the Saiyans
(Was DBZ Attack of the Saiyan in the US because Kai wasn't out yet here)

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34