Which DBZ game has the best practice mode?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Which DBZ game has the best practice mode?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Budokai

You can make the computer perform various actions such as Do Nothing, guard constantly, guard when being attacked, and even act as a fighting opponent with a difficulty setting of choice. In Budokai 3 and Infinite World, you can also have another player take control of the dummy to serve as a sparing partner. Not only that but you also have a Status display option to measure your attack and guard power along with maximizing combos and damage. You also have a Command display option to practice more elaborate moves.

Super Dragon Ball Z

You can make the computer perform various guarding patterns, ground recover at multiple directions, or have another player act as a sparing partner. You can also have the option to have your ultimate move gauge and/or action gauge refill automatically or be infinite like math along with a Damage ratio display to maximize damage. This practice mode even allowed you to make use of the game's interactive environments gimmick by placing a set of square obstacles with varying sizes and destructibility.

Burst Limit

You have all the options from the Budokai series but not only that you can also make the computer perform just about any form of offensive or defensive pattern you can imagine with the game. The command list even allowed you to make the character perform a move as a preview like in Tekken.

Raging Blast

Don't remember too much of the practice mode from Raging Blast but I remember you could make the computer either do jackshit, guard, perform various attack patterns, or act as a fighting opponent with a difficulty setting of choice. You also had the option to make health, ki, and/or time infinite and have a team.

Xenoverse 2

XV1 was inexplicably lacking a practice mode leaving XV2 the first of it's series to have one and given Dimps' track record with practice modes, I expect nothing but good things out of it. The pieces of gameplay I saw out of the practice mode was very promising.

Now you whippersnappers decide which is tops?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.