Xenoverse 2 for EVO

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Xenoverse 2 for EVO

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:11 am

For those who can see behind closed walls would know that EVO isn't necessarily basing games on depth but fan fervor. Like how else can Pokken be at EVO while Budokai 3 or any of the Ultimate Ninja (not Storm) games were never considered other than it being made by Nintendo? Hell, it never had The Rumble Fish.

Anyways, if the XV2 pros are loud and obnoxious enough we may have a shot of landing the game for at least a side tournament.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: Xenoverse 2 for EVO

Post by Quebaz » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:43 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Like how else can Pokken be at EVO while Budokai 3 or any of the Ultimate Ninja (not Storm) games were never considered other than it being made by Nintendo?
Bandai Namco money. The fact that the game was picked up competitively from the start (again, because Namco money) plus influence from its arcade release helped a bit.

On-topic tho: No, the only way it's getting tournaments is those that Namco sponsors on conventions and the like.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Viewtiful Jess
Beyond Newbie

Post by Viewtiful Jess » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Well... the let Smash be played at EVO, so I don't see why XV2 couldn't be! :lol:

I'd honestly like to see Budokai 3/IW or Super DBZ make it there first. Hell they could have the joke pot be Final Bout!
  • ✪ 2008 - Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
    ✪ 2009 - Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    ✪ 2010 - Dragon Ball Online / Dragon Ball Heroes
    ✪ 2011 - Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock
    ✪ 2015 - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse / Dragon Ball Super
    ✪ 2016 - Dragon Ball: Fusions
Dragon Ball AF is REAL

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:46 pm

Xenoverse would be fun on a competitive level, it would have to do a heck of a lot of balancing before that happens though.

Vaughngief
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vaughngief » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:07 am

Xenoverse isn't nearly polished, balanced, or deep enough to be at Evo. It's an action RPG with fighting game elements. Not a fighter.

If any Dragon Ball game deserves to be at Evo it's Super DBZ.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:42 am

You picked one of the worst DragonBall games for EVO.

Marty Kirra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marty Kirra » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:26 am

There's no way it'll happen. A lot of XV is about your custom character, there isn't an EVO game with that amount of customization available. So at that point, we'd be left with just the stock characters, and there's a ton of different variants. Budokai or Burst Limit had a better chance when it comes to EVO.