Do I need to watch Super before I play Xenoverse 2?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

desirecampbell

Do I need to watch Super before I play Xenoverse 2?

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Hey guys, confession time: I haven't watched Super yet. I'm a little worried about not knowing what's going on in Xenoverse 2, so I wanted to ask how much of Super do I need to watch before jumping in to the game?

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Do I need to watch Super before I play Xenoverse 2?

Post by Shin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:52 pm

There is no Super story related content in the game. There's three characters you can play from the show, but that's it.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:11 pm

If you haven't seen the movie versions of 'Battle of Gods' and 'Resurrection F' at least though, you probably would be well served to check those out. As for Super though, as Shin has said, there's not really anything in the game so far it seems that would really be a spoiler for Super-original stuff - not unless you consider the existence of certain characters in-of-itself to be spoiler-y enough for you.

Though whether that'll change when we get DLC (since I'm hoping at least a good chunk of it will be story material too, like the GT stuff in the first game), can't really call as of now.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Perfect, thanks guys.