Dragon ball horror.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Dragon ball horror.

Post by dbs fanboy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Now that i've been thinking about it, do you think that a horror related game could work for dragon ball?
I mean, this franchise has certain elements that could be included in a horror movie like Cell drinking people or even Black destroying entire civilizations.
I don't know, just a random thought, what do you think?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Dragon ball horror.

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Hmm...I see what you're saying, but I don't think the tone of the series is right for that at all. Plus, who would buy it? If I'm looking for a Dragon Ball game, I'm probably looking for a very different kind of experience than, say, Fatal Frame or Silent Hill.

It's an interesting idea, but I can't see it working out too well.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:41 pm

It doesn't have to be necessarily official, it could be like those spinoffs made by fans of Five night at Freddy's.
I don't know, i've alwasy thought that it would be interesting to have a game similar to alien isolation, but with the difference that in this version you would be running away from Cell, who could be there searching for people to "drink".

dbgtFO wrote:

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:58 pm

If you play as a civilian trying evade the 1st Form of Cell, then yeah it can. The anime made that terrifying.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:08 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:If you play as a civilian trying evade the 1st Form of Cell, then yeah it can. The anime made that terrifying.
Pretty much this. I mean, the main characters in db are so powerful that we don't get that sense of horror, but looking everything from the perspective of a powerless human, and everything is terryfing.
Hell, Buu killed some random guy by making him explode from the inside.

dbgtFO wrote:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:39 pm

A first form Cell horror game could be really good with a talented staff behind it. (It'd be fun to watch a TFS "Krillin Plays" of that.)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!