Infinite World: Majin Vegeta vs Fat Boo won't load (Please help)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Infinite World: Majin Vegeta vs Fat Boo won't load (Please help)

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm playing through the entire story mode a second time and trying to unlock Fighter's Road. Everything's going fine until I unlock the Vegeta vs Fat Buu fight. I hit start, and the screen stays blank, no cutscene or anything. Strong wtf. I had this happen before and was forced to start a new story, I'm right back to where I left off and the fight still won't load. Anyone know anything wrong?
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!
DBZ ended after the Frieza Saga.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Infinite World: Majin Vegeta vs Fat Boo won't load (Please help)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Are you playing on actual hardware or via emulation? I can't say I remember running into that issue on the PlayStation 2, but it's been forever since I touched the game...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:05 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Are you playing on actual hardware or via emulation? I can't say I remember running into that issue on the PlayStation 2, but it's been forever since I touched the game...
Actual hardware. This has never happened before, and is especially weird because otherwise the game runs just fine.
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!
DBZ ended after the Frieza Saga.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:03 am

Hm, I haven't seen anything about this kind of issue. Are you playing on a PS2 or a Backward Compatible PS3? The latter can still experience compatibility issues. Otherwise, might be a scratched disc or worn out console. Couldn't tell if it were anything else.