Which developer would you like to see make a fighting game?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Which developer would you like to see make a fighting game?

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:53 am

If you could have any team make a DB fighting game, who would you pick and why? Personally, I'd go with SNK. For me SNK, along with Capcom & Sega, have historically been he best developer of fighting games. So I'd like to see SNK take a shot.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: Which developer would you like to see make a fighting game?

Post by Zephyr » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:07 am

I really want to see NetherRealm tackle a DB fighting game. Mortal Kombat's gameplay is the most fun for me, as far as traditional fighters go.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:11 am

Would you want it to have a story mode that NRS games are famous for?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:17 am

I'd like for Arc System Works and Arika to collaborate. They developed some of the better fighting-type video games for the series in recent memory. Let's keep elements that succeeded and expand upon that. I say they take the full transition of appealing to the so-called "hardcore demographic". Both developers have done well in the past with the Guilty Gear and Street Fighter EX series, respectively. If I'm being greedy with demands, updated mechanics from Hyper Dimension and The Legend would be welcome, too!

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:42 am

Kid Buu wrote:Would you want it to have a story mode that NRS games are famous for?
I wouldn't mind a story mode, but that wouldn't be the main draw for me.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:17 am

Nejishiki wrote:I'd like for Arc System Works and Arika to collaborate. They developed some of the better fighting-type video games for the series in recent memory. Let's keep elements that succeeded and expand upon that. I say they take the full transition of appealing to the so-called "hardcore demographic". Both developers have done well in the past with the Guilty Gear and Street Fighter EX series, respectively. If I'm being greedy with demands, updated mechanics from Hyper Dimension and The Legend would be welcome, too!
This x10 easily.

ArcSys has demonstrated 3 times now that they atleast nail it when it comes to character representation and moveset variety in their handheld games. Imagine if they put all that effort on an actual fighter for the home consoles on the same vein as Blazblue (of course, without the arraid of subsystems and meters it has)? It could very well be THE dragon ball game I've always wanted.

Arika made Super DBZ, I dont't think I need to say more.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:47 pm

I would like the Budokai Team in collaboration with Capcom to show the developers of these new games just how to do it.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:48 pm

SEGAAAAAA!

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Nintendo!!! There smash bros are good enough :)

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:48 am

From Software
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller